Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Afghanistan

Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
ergoz
LiveLeaker

ergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addiction
Points: 2,831, Level: 7 Points: 2,831, Level: 7 Points: 2,831, Level: 7
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default North vs South

Hi, i have reacently been a 6-7 month periode in North Afghanistan. You can't compare North an south, but sure it was no picnic beeing there either.

The thing is that i most likely will end up in southern afghanistan.
So my question is to any of you guys that has been out recently.
Can you share some of your opinions about the "safety" around driving around as force protection. And conducting joint operations with ANA.
I am painfully aware of the constant IED, VBIED, Ambushes and TIC threaths.
I know how things work in North, but have little experience with Southern Afghanistan.
All i have heard is field roumers from US forces when i was down there and the things i watch on this site.

And please, only serious answers!

Last edited by ergoz; 01-24-2008 at 02:33 PM.
ergoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
richy_dong

I have a mate based in Afganistan. From what he tells me its shit. I cant speak from experience.
Just keep cool & safe
Old 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
LiveLeaker

0311 is in the balance0311 is in the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoz View Post
Hi, i have reacently been a 6-7 month periode in North Afghanistan. You can't compare North an south, but sure it was no picnic beeing there either.

The thing is that i most likely will end up in southern afghanistan.
So my question is to any of you guys that has been out recently.
Can you share some of your opinions about the "safety" around driving around as force protection. And conducting joint operations with ANA.
I am painfully aware of the constant IED, VBIED, Ambushes and TIC threaths.
I know how things work in North, but have little experience with Southern Afghanistan.
All i have heard is field roumers from US forces when i was down there and the things i watch on this site.

And please, only serious answers!
Go on Icasaulties.org and look at where all the hits are being taken. That is where you should worry about going.
0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Whites

If your from Norway, don't worry the British troops will look after you
Old 01-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
ergoz
LiveLeaker

ergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addictionergoz On the road to addiction
Points: 2,831, Level: 7 Points: 2,831, Level: 7 Points: 2,831, Level: 7
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whites View Post
If your from Norway, don't worry the British troops will look after you
Well, thats good. I know they do their job well.. But i have some diffrent experiences with ANA... To put it diplomatic, you can't always be sure what they do. hehe
ergoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #6
Sportster
Incontenant LiveLeaker

Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!
Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Oh sorry, wrong North or South issue....
Sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:24 AM   #7
mordagau

keep out of waziristan then u save
Old 03-30-2008, 04:16 AM   #8
cdn_infanteer
LiveLeaker

cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 3,586,538, Level: 100 Points: 3,586,538, Level: 100 Points: 3,586,538, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

ANA is doing great, good guys get a good terp and your golden same rules apply in the south regarding IED's etc watch for women and children leaving any urban area your in etc
Old 03-30-2008, 04:17 AM   #9
cdn_infanteer
LiveLeaker

cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!cdn_infanteer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 3,586,538, Level: 100 Points: 3,586,538, Level: 100 Points: 3,586,538, Level: 100

force protection your main enemy will be those IEDs
Old 03-30-2008, 04:19 AM   #10
cdn_infanteer
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoz View Post
Well, thats good. I know they do their job well.. But i have some diffrent experiences with ANA... To put it diplomatic, you can't always be sure what they do. hehe

i love the ANA they decide they need to take that dug in position 2 ford rangers are rushing right to it and there rushing it lol crazy bastards...just make sure you keep an eye on the captured enemy cause they like to pop em lol