Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > Your News Headlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #21
dad61
Dumpster Diving
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Just left of Uranus
Posts: 33,496
dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
Default

I hate to burst some bubbles here, but the animal is given to the program whole, it's only been gutted in the field, the institution that's been given the animal then sends the animal to a packing house that is FDA tested and regulated. Usually the hunters, as a group give them a cash donation to pay for it.

So the "hunter with pissy hands" and such is out of the equation. Venison is cleaner then any meat coming from the ranch that you get at the grocery store, even if they have a parasite, the parasite dies with the animal and the best part is they haven't been fed anything precarious, haven't had any hormone shots, don't get disease from being crammed with a thousand of their friends in a pen, yada, yada.

In all the speed beef that I've killed and consumed in my life, which is a lot, no one has ever gotten sick and the only parasite that I have ever had to deal with is the common deer tick who run for the hills as soon as the body temp starts to drop.

We have a similar program here, but being in the boonies, we don't have homeless shelters, so the frozen meat is distributed through food pantries, which almost every town has. It's a place that takes donated food which then is open for a few hours once a week for the poorer people to go get groceries from. And guess what? NO ONE has ever gotten sick from it.

What a fucking waste
dad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #22
Duckmanlivesagain
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,733
Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad61 View Post
I hate to burst some bubbles here, but the animal is given to the program whole, it's only been gutted in the field, the institution that's been given the animal then sends the animal to a packing house that is FDA tested and regulated. Usually the hunters, as a group give them a cash donation to pay for it.

So the "hunter with pissy hands" and such is out of the equation. Venison is cleaner then any meat coming from the ranch that you get at the grocery store, even if they have a parasite, the parasite dies with the animal and the best part is they haven't been fed anything precarious, haven't had any hormone shots, don't get disease from being crammed with a thousand of their friends in a pen, yada, yada.

In all the speed beef that I've killed and consumed in my life, which is a lot, no one has ever gotten sick and the only parasite that I have ever had to deal with is the common deer tick who run for the hills as soon as the body temp starts to drop.

We have a similar program here, but being in the boonies, we don't have homeless shelters, so the frozen meat is distributed through food pantries, which almost every town has. It's a place that takes donated food which then is open for a few hours once a week for the poorer people to go get groceries from. And guess what? NO ONE has ever gotten sick from it.

What a fucking waste
Find a way to work in the prion related "chronic wasting disease" from deer that has been a problem with eating venison.

I was wrong with my previous post since Deer in north america now look like they have it and no amount of cooking, cleanliness or health and safety regulation can get rid of it. Moreover it's difficult and expensive to test for, and is only conclusively diagnosed post-mortem.

Chronic wasting disease. Look it up, interesting stuff after reading up on it i'd bet any money that is the reason they rejected the meat. and rightly so it seems

Chronic wasting disease is caused by a "prion" which is a protein that can tolerate temperatures in excess of boiling or frying and can't be prevented by any kind of food health and safety.

There's also a few nasty tapeworms and parasites in meat from wild animals.

Last edited by Duckmanlivesagain; 02-28-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Duckmanlivesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
dad61
Dumpster Diving
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Just left of Uranus
Posts: 33,496
dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckmanlivesagain View Post
Find a way to work in the prion related "chronic wasting disease" from deer that has been a problem with eating venison.

I was wrong with my previous post since Deer in north america now look like they have it and no amount of cooking, cleanliness or health and safety regulation can get rid of it. Moreover it's difficult and expensive to test for, and is only conclusively diagnosed post-mortem.

Chronic wasting disease. Look it up, interesting stuff after reading up on it i'd bet any money that is the reason they rejected the meat. and rightly so it seems

Chronic wasting disease is caused by a "prion" which is a protein that can tolerate temperatures in excess of boiling or frying and can't be prevented by any kind of food health and safety.

There's also a few nasty tapeworms and parasites in meat from wild animals.
That's been around since the 60's, personally I've never encountered it, BUT, I have been taught about it as a young man and as long as no one eats the tissues known to be the carriers ie, brain, spinal cord, eyes, spleen, tonsils, lymph nodes, shit like that, then it's fine, and know one does, they only do that in cattle. 100% beef? Oh yeah, it sure is, no one does that with deer

They haven't even proven if it's transmittal and there have been no known cases of it in humans. Personally, I think someone just likes throwing their weight around to prove how much power they have, just like they did to Morning Land Dairy and made them throw out 15 tons of cheese simply because it was made from raw milk, it put them out of business and NOT ONE TEST CAME BACK BAD! It was all about power and money, nothing more, nothing less.



EDIT: You should stick to shit you know, you don't know squat about wild game.

Last edited by dad61; 02-28-2013 at 05:26 PM.
dad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #24
Duckmanlivesagain
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,733
Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad61 View Post
EDIT: You should stick to shit you know, you don't know squat about wild game.
obviously someone does because they banned it because they can't trace it back and say with certainity that it's safe to eat. You're relying on the competency of each carcass being treated properly in preperation. Domesticated animals have all sorts of checks and vaccinations. Wild game i assume isn't so rigerous

Can you say with certainity that you'd be happy serving thousands of homeless people meat that you couldn't actually say that "you won't get sick of this". Because you can't regardless of how much you type. That decision may have lead to a massive outbreak of food posioning that kills dozens.

That's generally how you get outbreaks of food poisoning when the traceabilty and accountabilty of food sourcing and preperation has a huge big question mark over it.
Duckmanlivesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
dad61
Dumpster Diving
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Just left of Uranus
Posts: 33,496
dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckmanlivesagain View Post
obviously someone does because they banned it because they can't trace it back and say with certainity that it's safe to eat. You're relying on the competency of each carcass being treated properly in preperation. Domesticated animals have all sorts of checks and vaccinations. Wild game i assume isn't so rigerous

Can you say with certainity that you'd be happy serving thousands of homeless people meat that you couldn't actually say that "you won't get sick of this". Because you can't regardless of how much you type. That decision may have lead to a massive outbreak of food posioning that kills dozens.

That's generally how you get outbreaks of food poisoning when the traceabilty and accountabilty of food sourcing and preperation has a huge big question mark over it.
I would feed a group of 1000 people 2000lbs of venison before I would feed them the crap shit meat that you buy at the grocery store all full of hormones, red dye and all kinds of shit, which is WHY it has to be regulated and tested, because humans will do anything for profit, NOT because of fucking parasites and dumbass shit like that. Why do you think I grow my own meat?

You get outbreaks of food poisoning because man intervened in some fashion for profit, bags of salad and shit like that, I've been growing my own food all my life, eating wild game at least once a week, grew up that way, we never get sick from food, NEVER!

When are you going to learn that mother nature knows exactly what she's doing and it's man that fucks everything up to shit, not the other way around?

Last edited by dad61; 02-28-2013 at 06:14 PM.
dad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #26
lipskip
Nipslip
 
lipskip's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US
Posts: 20,687
lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,532,962, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,532,962, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,532,962, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,532,962, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default

Work one summer on a Maryland Eastern Shore chicken farm, and you'd feel safer eating raw deer anus than you would eating packaged Perdue chicken.

Question of the day: How many times can a chicken farmer legally feed his/her chickens their own excrement? No, this is not a joke....
__________________
Lord Almighty,
I'm burning a hole where I lay
Cause your kisses lift me higher
Like the sweet song of a choir
You light my morning sky
With burning love
lipskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #27
dad61
Dumpster Diving
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Just left of Uranus
Posts: 33,496
dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!dad61 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,956,337,649, Level: 100
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipskip View Post
Work one summer on a Maryland Eastern Shore chicken farm, and you'd feel safer eating raw deer anus than you would eating packaged Perdue chicken.

Question of the day: How many times can a chicken farmer legally feed his/her chickens their own excrement? No, this is not a joke....
How many? I wanna know because I don't care, I don't eat Perdue chicken or any store bought chicken, only possibly when we eat somewhere besides home.....which isn't very often.

When we go out to eat, it's usually for seafood, the reason: We don't live by the sea

Speaking of, Lobsterfest is this month baybay!
dad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #28
Duckmanlivesagain
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,733
Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!Duckmanlivesagain is a forum GOD!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad61 View Post
I would feed a group of 1000 people 2000lbs of venison before I would feed them the crap shit meat that you buy at the grocery store all full of hormones, red dye and all kinds of shit, which is WHY it has to be regulated and tested, because humans will do anything for profit, NOT because of fucking parasites and dumbass shit like that. Why do you think I grow my own meat?

You get outbreaks of food poisoning because man intervened in some fashion for profit, bags of salad and shit like that, I've been growing my own food all my life, eating wild game at least once a week, grew up that way, we never get sick from food, NEVER!

When are you going to learn that mother nature knows exactly what she's doing and it's man that fucks everything up to shit, not the other way around?
No you get food poisoning from bacteria, viruses, toxins and prions. They've been around for thousands of years the scale of it increased with population and the fact we can't all be subsistence farmers.

Mother nature isn't looking out for you, she equally would kill you as soon as feed you. We compete with all the other animals and natural is just another factor in "things that may or may not kill you"
Duckmanlivesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #29
lioness
LiveLeaker
 
lioness's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 594
lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!lioness is a forum GOD!!
Points: 3,047,561, Level: 100
Points: 3,047,561, Level: 100 Points: 3,047,561, Level: 100 Points: 3,047,561, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default

it's alot healthier than the crap on the supermarket shelves im sure........my son goes deer hunting once a year and so look forward to what he brings home it's like a treat for me
__________________
be liberal enough to allow freedom for all and conservative enough to keep it sacred
lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.