Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Europe

Old 10-21-2017, 03:17 AM   #11
the demon
Smiley Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

"Juha Kormumblemumble is serving a LIFE SENTENCE for MURDER, but in Finland a life sentence means he'll only serve about 14 years." says commentator.

Kinda fucked, doncha think. Let's entertain the idea that Juha get's out in 14 years and commits not a single crime the rest of his life. Rehabilitation success. But the hundreds of other murderers who get the same sentence?

I believe in rehabilitation and i do believe the European standard for prisons should be looked at to 'some extent' by the American Government. But can we honestly say that a system that allows MURDERERS serving LIFE SENTENCES, free in only a decade, is a good system?

If fucking murderers get a slap on the wrist, i can only feel for all the sexually abused children that the Finnish prison system has failed to protect. If a murderer gets off so easy, then Pedophiles probably feel they're in pedo-paradise.

Last edited by the demon; 10-21-2017 at 03:20 AM.
the demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #12
zero-g
Premium Member

zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by the demon View Post
"Juha Kormumblemumble is serving a LIFE SENTENCE for MURDER, but in Finland a life sentence means he'll only serve about 14 years." says commentator.

Kinda fucked, doncha think. Let's entertain the idea that Juha get's out in 14 years and commits not a single crime the rest of his life. Rehabilitation success. But the hundreds of other murderers who get the same sentence?

I believe in rehabilitation and i do believe the European standard for prisons should be looked at to 'some extent' by the American Government. But can we honestly say that a system that allows MURDERERS serving LIFE SENTENCES, free in only a decade, is a good system?

If fucking murderers get a slap on the wrist, i can only feel for all the sexually abused children that the Finnish prison system has failed to protect. If a murderer gets off so easy, then Pedophiles probably feel they're in pedo-paradise.
ermmmm, I think you may be slightly un/misinformed with regard to our own judicial system demon.
Life rarely means "LIFE" here in the states , though I'm pretty sure it's still longer than 10 years.
Shit, they just let OJ back out again

Sadly I just don't think the European/ Finnish more specifically model would work here in the states. Our criminals really are just too asshole-ish and untrustworthy .
*Culture thing.

Last edited by zero-g; 10-23-2017 at 03:34 PM.
zero-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #13
twright55
Monster

twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

I personally knew a guy who got 'life' for murder and was out in 7. So it happens here, too. THen when he was presumably still on parole (I am assuming that if you get a life sentence, then you are at least on parole for life...could be wrong), he kidnapped and tried to rape and murder a woman he met at a nightclub. He spent a grand total of 3 days in jail for that because she would not testify.

We have all kinds of scumbags here running free THAT WE KNOW ABOUT, not counting the ones who don't get caught. Makes me wonder who is filling up those prison cells when guys like the one above are allowed to roam free.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:48 AM   #14
RussianGo
За РОДину !

RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!RussianGo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 55,341,746, Level: 100 Points: 55,341,746, Level: 100 Points: 55,341,746, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private-Parts View Post
All us Finns are very happy and gay people.

But not all have a brain.

Last edited by RussianGo; 10-24-2017 at 12:57 AM.
RussianGo is offline   Reply With Quote