Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality > Religion and spirituality archive

Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
ModusOP
What's your diameter?

ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!
Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Default Excellent comment by Owenhiggins.

"I loved this video and it inspires a reply, but just to note..
I asked for someone to show me in the books where it says what to do in space.

If god had influenced the good books, he would surely have contemplated our space travel. To Me its proof in some part that Man wrote the books on his own without outside influence. Never contemplating the future technological events

Its not proof that there is no god. Nobody can prove that. A nihilist feels there is no point to things.. thats not me. I am in constant search of the point.. but i see where you're connecting to nihilism

To be a Nihilist is to stop short because of the effort involved in the process of formulating ones own opinion.

I find so much conflict where man is responsible and not god. Yet man refers to god as an important entity when in reality I would argue that god never wanted to be important at all.

We're an experiment - probably sitting on a shelf in gods office/ warehouse, long forgotten.

Its man who thinks he's important to god. When in reality we're some scum on the side of a jar."

I think he makes a great point, why are there so many examples of the bible getting things such as medical issues psychological issues and technological issues wrong and none that I know of which predict future discoveries in medicine or technology such as what he mentioned space travel?

I think it helps to prove that the bible was written by men with no outside help, imo of course, as always not meaning to offend anyone just thought we could try and further understand and explore the topic of religion.

I invited OH to come and explain some of his thoughts on the issue so hopefully he will show and talk more about why he feels this way.

Here is his comment just below the one above and I think he also makes an excellent point with it, not even concerning the topic above.

"I'll make a vid though, you know I took your last vid with me on my phone for three days. listened to you in the car sitting there trying to understand from your perspective.

Its important that we all at least try to act civil to each other and I commend your spirit and form in this vid- its an example to many here on liveleak of how to conduct a conversation. Length of vid is not an issue."

Peace

Last edited by ModusOP; 10-27-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
theblue8
don't never quit nothin..

theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!theblue8 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,539,970, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,539,970, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,539,970, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Um, would be great if you added a link or a quote box, something.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
ModusOP
What's your diameter?

ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!
Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

My bad blue but this was his comment, you prob couldn't tell what was his comment from what I was saying though so I'll provide a link also but here is what his comment was anyway.

"I loved this video and it inspires a reply, but just to note..
I asked for someone to show me in the books where it says what to do in space.

If god had influenced the good books, he would surely have contemplated our space travel. To Me its proof in some part that Man wrote the books on his own without outside influence. Never contemplating the future technological events

Its not proof that there is no god. Nobody can prove that. A nihilist feels there is no point to things.. thats not me. I am in constant search of the point.. but i see where you're connecting to nihilism

To be a Nihilist is to stop short because of the effort involved in the process of formulating ones own opinion.

I find so much conflict where man is responsible and not god. Yet man refers to god as an important entity when in reality I would argue that god never wanted to be important at all.

We're an experiment - probably sitting on a shelf in gods office/ warehouse, long forgotten.

Its man who thinks he's important to god. When in reality we're some scum on the side of a jar."

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5be_1288077580
Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
gambino316
Five Knuckle Shuffle
Autobahn Champion Cop-For-This Champion

gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 142,215,852, Level: 100 Points: 142,215,852, Level: 100 Points: 142,215,852, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusOP View Post
I think he makes a great point, why are there so many examples of the bible getting things such as medical issues psychological issues and technological issues wrong and none that I know of which predict future discoveries in medicine or technology such as what he mentioned space travel?
An interesting question would be to ask why the Koran is scientifically superior to the Bible, if the Koran was man-made and the Bible was divinely inspired? The Koran has many more things correct than the Bible does.

Anyhow, all religious scripture is just a bunch of words written on some paper by a bunch of Homo Sapiens.

End of. No magic fairy dust sprinkled on those pages will make a Hebrew Cloud Genie jump out and grant you eternal salvation.

Whoever can believe that rubbish is a complete and utter lunatic. I find it mind boggling. Honestly, 100% scares me when I know that an adult Human being can believe something so ludicrous. You need to be as gullible as fuck to reach adulthood and still believe that shit.