Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality > Religion and spirituality archive

Old 10-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Bologna_Skins
You can call me Sugardick

Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,538,534,658, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,534,658, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,534,658, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

"well since im a Crack head alchoholic I cant Count and i dont have a 5th grade education.. SO being drunk right now I cant comment in a coherent fashion.." ~ Dat1111, June 26, 2008 http://forums.liveleak.com/showpost.php?p=229218&postcount=12
Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #12
UKatheist
mad as a clowns tadger

UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRN View Post

and to this day, there is NOT a private section for ppl of faith.........

Has there been a mass locking of church doors?

Are there massed ranks of jews evangelising?
Are there hords of muslims beating at the gates of LL

or is it just for your faith?

have you never heard of religious trolls?
Who are you ? Do not bark out of his booth!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
ModusOP
What's your diameter?

ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!
Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
there will always be ppl around that refuse to let ppl of faith revel in their belief.

does that make a nonbeliever better or worse?

how many times have i heard that this site is fair.........well, guess what, i see evidence to dispute that statement alot.......

i think it is not only rude, it shows how you cant even let someone post what they feel without silly replies.

do you feel threatened? maybe thats why grown men behave as naughty children. it is after all so much easier to post in the religion section as opposed to posting in an atheist section.......

and to this day, there is NOT a private section for ppl of faith.......well, i wonder why!

do you as a nonbeliever have the right to post your feelings? then why cant someone else with an opposing view post their feelings?

is it only fair to ppl that have no faith? or fair to everyone? remember the evidence is everywhere........

just asking because id like a true answer to this..........

[QUOTE=PRN;1055569]there will always be ppl around that refuse to let ppl of faith revel in their belief.

how many times have i heard that this site is fair.........well, guess what, i see evidence to dispute that statement alot.......

what on earth are you talking about, the site isn't fair because of why? Are you saying because the owner voiced his opinion on a subject, which he does on many and has every flipping right to of course, the site suddenly isn't fair now....rofl....come the hell on PRN, surely this is just another troll post.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
LL_Hayden
LiveLeaker

LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!
Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Quote:
there will always be ppl around that refuse to let ppl of faith revel in their belief.

i think it is not only rude, it shows how you cant even let someone post what they feel without silly replies.

do you feel threatened? maybe thats why grown men behave as naughty children. it is after all so much easier to post in the religion section as opposed to posting in an atheist section.......

and to this day, there is NOT a private section for ppl of faith.......well, i wonder why!

do you as a nonbeliever have the right to post your feelings? then why cant someone else with an opposing view post their feelings?

is it only fair to ppl that have no faith? or fair to everyone? remember the evidence is everywhere........

just asking because id like a true answer to this..........

Make a social group and make it private. Problem solved. Then you can interact only with people of the same mindset ensuring things are kept nice and safe.

Oh, by the way would it be fair to tell non believers not to post in reply in a public section? Do you think you have a right to tell people what to post? Do you not reply when an atheist posts in this section?

And for the final time, this is not the "religious" section. It is a section about religion and spirituality that does not mean only the religious or spiritual should post here. I would have thought that was obvious.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #15
UKatheist
mad as a clowns tadger

UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL_Hayden View Post
Make a social group and make it private. Problem solved. Then you can interact only with people of the same mindset ensuring things are kept nice and sterile.

Oh, by the way would it be fair to tell non believers not to post in reply in a public section? Do you think you have a right to tell people what to post? Do you not reply when an atheist posts in this section?

And for the final time, this is not the "religious" section. It is a section about religion and spirituality that does not mean only the religious or spiritual should post here. I would have thought that was obvious.
fixed
Who are you ? Do not bark out of his booth!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #16
Spiritoftruth
Dumpster Diving

Spiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker
Points: 55,952, Level: 33 Points: 55,952, Level: 33 Points: 55,952, Level: 33
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

It's beautiful but also among the most dangerous verses in the New Testament; dangerous because it is so often taken out of context and in isolation from the rest of the scriptures.

What it means to "believe" on Jesus Christ must be very carefully discerned and understood.

The way to comprehend the scriptures is to interlace all the verses of the bible on top of each other to obtain a true picture of the gospel.

============

Is this all?

(John MacDuff, "THE FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS" 1856)

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ--set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above--not on earthly things!" Colossians 3:1-2

The history of six thousand years has given indisputable evidence of the insufficiency of all earthly objects to yield true and satisfying enjoyment.
Man has needs--which no earthly riches can supply;
he has soul diseases--which no human skill can cure;
he has fears--which no mortal courage can quell;
he has debts--which no finite resources can discharge; and
he has miseries--which no earth-born sagacity can console.

In earthly things, to whatever extent they may be possessed, there is a lack of adaptation to yield real happiness. It is recorded of Caesar, that he exclaimed, when in possession of universal empire, "Is this all?" His expectations of happiness were not answered by the attainment of worldly things.

Reader, have you not often felt something similar to this? You may have set your heart upon some distant object; and oh! what sacrifices you made for its attainment! What self-denial did you undergo! At length, perhaps, the desire of your heart was granted you. But was it what you expected? Were you not, on the contrary, led to exclaim, in the language of the disappointed emperor, "Is this all?"

It is an absolute certainty, that the things of earth cannot satisfy the cravings of our immortal nature. Wealth, fame, learning, pleasure, domestic happiness--none of these things can do it. "Whoever drinks of these waters shall thirst again," as the Savior declared to the Samaritan woman; "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him, shall never thirst--but it shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life!"

But the things of earth, besides being unsatisfying in their nature--are, at best, transitory in their duration.

What are RICHES? 'Uncertain' is the epithet which the pen of inspiration employs in describing them. (1 Timothy 6:16) "Will you set your eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven!" (Proverbs 23:5)

What is PLEASURE? Something that is only for a season.

What is WISDOM? More precious than rubies, if it is the wisdom which comes from above; but if it the wisdom of this world--it also is vanity, and will soon pass away.

What is FAME? Often a bubble, no sooner blown--than it bursts!

Yes, the earth itself is only temporary!

A Roman general, on one occasion, when elated by the splendors of a triumphal entrance into the imperial city, which had been awarded to him in honor of the victories he had won, exclaimed, "Ah, that it would continue!" But, alas! it did not continue. All the glittering pomp soon vanished! It floated away like a fleeting dream. And so with all earthly bliss--it will not, and cannot, continue. Had earthly things a character of abiding permanence belonging to them, men might with some semblance of reason, make them the fit objects of their desires and pursuits. Such a character, however, they do not possess. "The world with its lust is passing away!" "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?"

But, O blessed heavenly world!
This fullness of joy;
this unclouded vision of God and the Lamb;
this sweet fellowship with saints and angels;
this day without a night;
this sky without a cloud;
this sea without a ruffle;
these ravishing melodies;
this seraphic transport and exulting joy
--they will continue--and that forever!
"We have a priceless inheritance--pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay!" (1 Peter 1:4)

"O what folly, O what madness!
That my thoughts should go astray,
After toys and empty pleasures--
Pleasures only of a day!

This vain world, with all its trifles,
Soon, alas! will be no more;
There's no object worth admiring,
But the God whom I adore!"

Last edited by Spiritoftruth; 10-24-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:45 AM   #17
samwise
Dumpster Diving

samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!
Points: 685,968,374, Level: 100 Points: 685,968,374, Level: 100 Points: 685,968,374, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Old 10-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #18
NoGODisGOOD
FreeThinker and Humanist

NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!
Points: 38,868,006, Level: 100 Points: 38,868,006, Level: 100 Points: 38,868,006, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default if I were dying..

I will say... i'm sorry that there is no more heaven for me, may you have much much more than I.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #19
Jesus_IS_God
LiveLeaker

Jesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeakerJesus_IS_God is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 9,126, Level: 13 Points: 9,126, Level: 13 Points: 9,126, Level: 13
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritoftruth View Post
It's beautiful but also among the most dangerous verses in the New Testament; dangerous because it is so often taken out of context and in isolation from the rest of the scriptures.

What it means to "believe" on Jesus Christ must be very carefully discerned and understood.

The way to comprehend the scriptures is to interlace all the verses of the bible on top of each other to obtain a true picture of the gospel.

============

Is this all?

(John MacDuff, "THE FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS" 1856)

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ--set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above--not on earthly things!" Colossians 3:1-2

The history of six thousand years has given indisputable evidence of the insufficiency of all earthly objects to yield true and satisfying enjoyment.
Man has needs--which no earthly riches can supply;
he has soul diseases--which no human skill can cure;
he has fears--which no mortal courage can quell;
he has debts--which no finite resources can discharge; and
he has miseries--which no earth-born sagacity can console.

In earthly things, to whatever extent they may be possessed, there is a lack of adaptation to yield real happiness. It is recorded of Caesar, that he exclaimed, when in possession of universal empire, "Is this all?" His expectations of happiness were not answered by the attainment of worldly things.

Reader, have you not often felt something similar to this? You may have set your heart upon some distant object; and oh! what sacrifices you made for its attainment! What self-denial did you undergo! At length, perhaps, the desire of your heart was granted you. But was it what you expected? Were you not, on the contrary, led to exclaim, in the language of the disappointed emperor, "Is this all?"

It is an absolute certainty, that the things of earth cannot satisfy the cravings of our immortal nature. Wealth, fame, learning, pleasure, domestic happiness--none of these things can do it. "Whoever drinks of these waters shall thirst again," as the Savior declared to the Samaritan woman; "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him, shall never thirst--but it shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life!"

But the things of earth, besides being unsatisfying in their nature--are, at best, transitory in their duration.

What are RICHES? 'Uncertain' is the epithet which the pen of inspiration employs in describing them. (1 Timothy 6:16) "Will you set your eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven!" (Proverbs 23:5)

What is PLEASURE? Something that is only for a season.

What is WISDOM? More precious than rubies, if it is the wisdom which comes from above; but if it the wisdom of this world--it also is vanity, and will soon pass away.

What is FAME? Often a bubble, no sooner blown--than it bursts!

Yes, the earth itself is only temporary!

A Roman general, on one occasion, when elated by the splendors of a triumphal entrance into the imperial city, which had been awarded to him in honor of the victories he had won, exclaimed, "Ah, that it would continue!" But, alas! it did not continue. All the glittering pomp soon vanished! It floated away like a fleeting dream. And so with all earthly bliss--it will not, and cannot, continue. Had earthly things a character of abiding permanence belonging to them, men might with some semblance of reason, make them the fit objects of their desires and pursuits. Such a character, however, they do not possess. "The world with its lust is passing away!" "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?"

But, O blessed heavenly world!
This fullness of joy;
this unclouded vision of God and the Lamb;
this sweet fellowship with saints and angels;
this day without a night;
this sky without a cloud;
this sea without a ruffle;
these ravishing melodies;
this seraphic transport and exulting joy
--they will continue--and that forever!
"We have a priceless inheritance--pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay!" (1 Peter 1:4)

"O what folly, O what madness!
That my thoughts should go astray,
After toys and empty pleasures--
Pleasures only of a day!

This vain world, with all its trifles,
Soon, alas! will be no more;
There's no object worth admiring,
But the God whom I adore!"
I dont know why you would need to state the obvious with your first couple sentences....?
The word believe in Biblical Greek means to Follow. Jesus Loved others, Served others, Forgave others, had Compassion for others..... So believing in Him, we also follow Him..... Not that hard to figure out....