Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality > Religion and spirituality archive

Old 10-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #21
Spiritoftruth
Dumpster Diving

Spiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker
Points: 55,952, Level: 33 Points: 55,952, Level: 33 Points: 55,952, Level: 33
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCorpBLT1/3 View Post
QTF

I've been meaning to ask this, and this seems like the perfect time and place. To which denomination of Christianity do you belong?

I don't think ANY denomination of Christianity has it exactly right brother, which Is why I can't condemn anyone for believing as they do. "Judge not lest ye be judged in the same measure" is one of the tenants by which I live. Like Jay said, those three things are the only requirements of salvation; the rest is doctrine contrived by men who are trying their best to understand it. Men are fallible, God is not.

Again, QTF. Jay is my brother, and I love him with all of my heart. A kinder and wiser man I've never known.

I'm STILL cryin you bastard!

The best way to answer that is that I'm a five point Calvinist, like FillTheVoid

I don't belong to any modern day protestant denomination. There are heresies in all of them, even the presbeterians with their infant baptisms who are Calvinists.

I read the Puritans and the Reformation preachers.

That's the best place to be for any Christian.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #22
gambino316
Five Knuckle Shuffle
Autobahn Champion Cop-For-This Champion

gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!gambino316 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 142,215,852, Level: 100 Points: 142,215,852, Level: 100 Points: 142,215,852, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Best question to ask yourself is 'Which denomination would Jesus and his disciples belong to'

My guess would most probably be Orthodox. He's the sort of guy who would do all the traditional style of prayers, and would probably prefer to read the Scripture in Hebrew, as well as be based in the Middle East, and be as authentic to his time and era as possible.

One thing is for sure, he wouldn't be jumping around on stage with a microphone, speaking in tongues, and asking for monetary donations.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
nicoal2
Dumpster Diving

nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,105,408,012, Level: 100 Points: 2,105,408,012, Level: 100 Points: 2,105,408,012, Level: 100
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambino316 View Post

Even as a non-beliver it seems simple as fuck to me to understand that a true Christian should only belong to one fan club, and that should be his own individual club, that only allows two members - Christ and yourself.
I'm so impressed. gambino! That is exactly right. Reps for you.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #24
nicoal2
Dumpster Diving

nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,105,408,012, Level: 100 Points: 2,105,408,012, Level: 100 Points: 2,105,408,012, Level: 100
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritoftruth View Post
The best way to answer that is that I'm a five point Calvinist, like FillTheVoid

I don't belong to any modern day protestant denomination. There are heresies in all of them, even the presbeterians with their infant baptisms who are Calvinists.

I kinda quessed already that you were a Calvinist. Already pre-chosen for heaven and the rest be damned.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #25
paulingrad
oh allyssa...

paulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legendpaulingrad is officially a forum legend
Points: 909,697, Level: 100 Points: 909,697, Level: 100 Points: 909,697, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

i wish i had stronger faith but i can't make up my mind who created everything.

i can see myself having faith when i'm old.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #26
BaronVonCantaloupe
LiveLeaker

BaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerBaronVonCantaloupe is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker
Points: 72,555, Level: 38 Points: 72,555, Level: 38 Points: 72,555, Level: 38
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Religion is all about ritual. Not everyone likes or agrees with some rituals, and decide to interpret their own rituals into the fundemental theme of Christianity. Except the Mormons, who just want to own their own damn planets.... selfish bastards.

I dislike religion. But I love The Truth! No, I am not going to tell you what it is.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #27
OldCorpBLT1/3
Dumpster Diving

OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,975,507, Level: 100 Points: 1,975,507, Level: 100 Points: 1,975,507, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonCantaloupe View Post
Religion is all about ritual. Not everyone likes or agrees with some rituals, and decide to interpret their own rituals into the fundemental theme of Christianity. Except the Mormons, who just want to own their own damn planets.... selfish bastards.

I dislike religion. But I love The Truth! No, I am not going to tell you what it is.
Having been a Mormon for a short period I can see the logic in that particular doctrine. I see God as our Father, and the reason He created us was to expand His family just like human parents do. Mormons believe that each man will be a "god" of sorts, responsible for teaching God's word to the next generation.

The Universe is so vast, and habitable planets so plentiful (according to the Drake equation there should be trillions of them) it just seems a waste of space otherwise. Of course I can't be 100% sure of this, but it does make sense. What parent wouldn't want their child to be fruitful and multiply?

If it does turn out to be the case, I think I'll name my planet Boberia.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #28
OldCorpBLT1/3
Dumpster Diving

OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!OldCorpBLT1/3 is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,975,507, Level: 100 Points: 1,975,507, Level: 100 Points: 1,975,507, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritoftruth View Post

Perhaps you didn't see my other question, because I haven't seen you answer it. Would you mind telling me where you get the idea that those who died without the opportunity to hear the name of Jesus Christ, much less be taught His true Gospel, will be condemned? Are infants and toddlers included in those who will burn in Hell?

Also, how do you reconcile your belief that we are the "enemies of God" with John 3:16, where it says, "For God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son?"

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #29
ModusOP
What's your diameter?

ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!
Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100 Points: 397,063,534, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCorpBLT1/3 View Post
HOLY SHIT! QTF.

My relationship with God is a very personal one. I think "religion" as opposed to "faith" is the problem. How can anyone possibly choose between hundreds of denominations? So I just cast doctrine aside, and pursue a relationship with Christ Himself. So far, it's worked out pretty well.

Yeah I'm thinking that you and Bino have it right, what should be important is you and your relationship with god or christ, not some silly nonsense that certain preachers or what have you say. If I was a believer I would try to make this the biggest priority and not subscribing to what amounts to religious "gangs", imo. I think it's more of a desire to fit in or our natural desire to want to be in groups or socialize with most people who subscribe to these various denominations than it is to worship your god, imo of course not all are like that but it seems many who go to church often are like that. I partly believe from my experience with going to southern baptist churches when I was younger, many seemed to be there to socialize and show off or gossip rather than to worship.

Last edited by ModusOP; 10-27-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #30
OldCorpBLT1/3
Dumpster Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusOP View Post
I partly believe from my experience with going to southern baptist churches when I was younger, many seemed to be there to socialize and show off or gossip rather than to worship.
I was raised in the Southern Baptist tradition. I went to a "non-denominational" Christian school from the time I was in pre-kindergarten to the 8th grade; after that, I was on my own, even becoming a Mormon for a couple of years before returning to the Baptist convention.

I have to agree with your observation about what goes on in church. I have yet to find a church where gossip and showing off aren't present. It's disheartening to be sure when people do that, which is why I don't go to church every Sunday. My kids do go every Sunday, and my youngest goes on Wednesdays too. Having grown up in church and Christian school, I HAVE the foundation of my faith, but since I can't afford to send my kids to a Christian school ($300 a month each) I think it's important that they are at least taught the basics.

When you're young, you don't have to deal with the gossiping and showing off that is so prevalent among the adults so I insist that they go, for no other reason than the fact that I feel they need to understand the basics of faith; because as you have seen here, men do not agree on doctrine. Men are fallible but God is not, and IMO cutting out the middle man and going directly to the source is the way to go.

As they get older, I hope that they will do as I have done and search for the truth themselves instead of just buying into whatever the preacher is saying. The truth is found by understanding the nature of Christ, which can only be achieved by reading His Word, and spending time alone with Him in prayer.