Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality > Religion and spirituality archive

Old 11-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #21
Spiritoftruth
Dumpster Diving

Spiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerSpiritoftruth is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker
Points: 55,952, Level: 33 Points: 55,952, Level: 33 Points: 55,952, Level: 33
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctorAaron View Post
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown has become a best seller and though it purports to be nothing but fiction, it takes up the basic ideas of The Gnostic gospels makes them the premise of the story. The story assumes that Jesus was not resurrected and did not claim to be God, but rather married Mary Magdalene. His true, original teachings are found in the gnostic writings. The Biblical gospels were written later and the original truth of Jesus’ life and teaching was repressed by the church.

It tries to make the case that the Gnostic-Jesus was the one who lived, not the real Jesus. But, the scholarly world sees very little evidence that this is the case. There are plenty of other incongruities and oddities about The Da Vinci Code. For instance: The story lifts up the Gnostic gospels as the "truth" and depicts the church as a repressive regime that wants to hide the importance of Mary Magdalene as one of the early disciples. This gives the impression that the gnostic gospels are more pro-women than the Bible or traditional theology. But the last saying in the Gospel of Thomas is far more misogynist than anything found in the Bible. Simon Peter said to them: Let Mary go forth from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Behold, I shall lead her, that I may make her male, in order that she also may become a living spirit like you males. For every woman who makes herself male shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Thomas-114) This saying reflects the low view of women in the Gnostic philosophy. It is ironic that the author of the Da Vinci Code thinks the Gnostic- Jesus was friendlier to women.
Bizzarre stuff.

There are a lot of very powerful people who believe wholeheartedly in these heresies, which is why they are so vigorously promoted by the entertainment industry.

The Davinci code heresy is the most incidious heresy since the advent of Christ. The heresy of the Merovingian bloodline. IE the movie Matrix.

There are powerful members of the ruling class who think they are the physical descendants of Jesus Christ, the line of David who will usher in the Messiah through their bloodline, the Antichrist.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #22
Eykos
Dumpster Diving

Eykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 47,431, Level: 31 Points: 47,431, Level: 31 Points: 47,431, Level: 31
Activity: 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritoftruth View Post
Apparently you are not willing to share it with anyone, but you've already said enough.

You are not just supposed to come face to face with him but surrender yourself and everything you are to him.

After that you will no longer continually fly into a demonic rage when confronted for your errors or spread heresies that are the enemy of Christ and the gospel.
Ah, your "knowledge" of things I've not told you means you yourself must be all knowing, and therefore are yourself God!
I'll be. I've got to go run tell the entire Orthodox Church we've been wrong all along, God himself has been hanging out on the Liveleak forums all this time!

Pathetic.

In a week I'll be giving away everything I own, turning down every worldly pleasure, and becoming a monk, living my life in prayer and repentance, running the race of Paul.

Remember that next time you use a microwave, eat a hamburger, put on some shoes, or do anything with anything that you've not actively given away and surrendered in your striving for God.

I'm not one to boast in anything but what the Lord has done.
But you speaking to me about "surrender" the week before I become a monk is laughable.

Tragic.

Last edited by Eykos; 11-02-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:08 AM   #23
Eykos
Dumpster Diving

Eykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeakerEykos is a popular LiveLeaker

Quote:
Eykos and SpiritofTruth. Enough!
I wish it was, I merely responded with a post about Gnosticism.
This little..thing..is who cant seem to look past his own judgments.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #24
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eykos View Post
Ah, your "knowledge" of things I've not told you means you yourself must be all knowing, and therefore are yourself God!
I'll be. I've got to go run tell the entire Orthodox Church we've been wrong all along, God himself has been hanging out on the Liveleak forums all this time!

Pathetic.

In a week I'll be giving away everything I own, turning down every worldly pleasure, and becoming a monk, living my life in prayer and repentance, running the race of Paul.

Remember that next time you use a microwave, eat a hamburger, put on some shoes, or do anything with anything with anything that you've not actively given away and surrendered in your striving for God.

I'm not one to boast in anything but what the Lord has done.
But you speaking to me about "surrender" the week before I become a monk is laughable.

Tragic.
Eykos. SpiritofTruth does not need to be "all knowing." He is just employing the same skills as any person with a little common sense and the abilities of any detective or Sherlock Holmes. You've laid enough clues and bread crumbs that a blind man could follow.

"You Could Think I'm Wrong, but That's No Reason To Stop Thinking"

“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Old 11-02-2010, 03:10 AM   #25
Eykos
Dumpster Diving

Quote:
Eykos. SpiritofTruth does not need to be "all knowing." He is just employing the same skills as any person with a little common sense and the abilities of any detective or Sherlock Holmes. You've laid enough clues and bread crumbs that a blind man could follow.
Which apparently, blind men are following.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #26
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100

Quote:
I wish it was, I merely responded with a post about Gnosticism.
This little..thing..is who cant seem to look past his own judgments.
Then employ the gift of the spirit called "patience and long suffering." But do continue with your comments about the subject from your viewpoint.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #27
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

Gnosticism is NOT Christianity. Gnostics proclaim God is both man and woman; Mary Magdalene is elevated to the status of the first and greatest Apostle, and is Jesus' wife and divine companion.

Gnosticism goes back centuries before the Christian era, possibly as early as the fifth Century, B.C. A belief system developed in ancient Syria and Persia that held salvation of the soul could be achieved by attaining a deep, mystic, and divine knowledge. According to their beliefs, humans are divided into a three-tiered hierarchy. Those possessing this knowledge, or gnosis, were a superior form of human being whose present and future destiny were not intertwined with those humans, that, for whatever reason, did not "know." Those humans too influenced by matter were doomed, and somewhere in between were those who did not yet possess the gnosis, but could yet be saved.

Rather than believe in the good of creation, Gnostics regarded matter and, in fact, the whole universe, to be a defilement of the deity -- the god of light/spirit. They taught that the ultimate end would be to overcome matter and be reunited with the parent spirit and realm of light/energy. This would not be achieved by submission to God's laws or through grace (God's forgiveness of man's sins) by acceptance of the living Christ -- the Son of God and Redeemer. Redemption or salvation would occur by awakening the sleeping gnosis (knowledge/wisdom) or "God within" -- through deep thoughts, reflection, and meditation thereby freeing the good spirit imprisoned within the evil physical body.

Gnosticism spread to Egypt during the 2nd and 3rd centuries, A.D. They presented a major challenge to orthodox Christianity. Can we say Gnostic Christianity is claimed within the pages of the Bible? Most Gnostic sects professed Christianity, but their belief sharply diverged from those of the majority of Christians in the early church. Those who did not believe the virgin birth, Jesus was the Son of God, Jesus was resurrected to Heaven, Jesus was the Creator, or that Jesus made atonement for our sins. I would say no, we couldn't, because the Bible clearly lays claim to the above statements.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:19 AM   #28
Eykos
Dumpster Diving

Quote:
Then employ the gift of the spirit called "patience and long suffering." But do continue with your comments about the subject from your viewpoint.
My view is this, concerning both Gnosticism and SOT.

In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
-2 Peter 2:3

*spits*
Old 11-02-2010, 03:19 AM   #29
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

By the 2nd century, Christian Gnostic teachers mixed their mythology with Platonic metaphysical speculation and certain heretical Christian traditions. The most prominent Christian Gnostics were Valentinus and his disciple Ptolemaeus, who, during the 2nd century were influential members in the Roman Church. By the end of the 3rd century Gnosticism as a distinct movement seems to have largely disappeared.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #30
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

Quote:
My view is this, concerning both Gnosticism and SOT.

In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
-2 Peter 2:3

*spits*
Spite is not a Christian virtue. Lay aside such feelings my friend.