Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Firearms

Old 04-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #21
HK13
Because I can

HK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balance

I NEVER had a problem with my weapon,of course it was cleaned thoroughly.The M855's are the best round for combat but frangible are for clearing buildings or should and mud huts.LOL....I can carry more 5.56 than I could ever carry 7.62.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #22
Guvnor
LiveLeaker

Guvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
yeah... but like someone said the damn thing is like 50's year old. just seems like America being the pinnacle of technology and military tech especially would have come up with something new.. i realize the m16 has been perfected and is much different from 50 years ago but still.
Well the AK47 is still in use throughout the world and even in certain areas of the Russian Military. That rifle is now 62 years old, and I suspect it will remain in service in small countries and guerilla groups for at least 100 years. With the advancement of gas piston systems for the AR in lieu of the old direct impingement gas system we can have a rifle which is just as reliable as the AK. The advent of the picatinny rail system as enabled soldiers to mount such a wide array of optics, lights, lazers, and launchers it really has become the most versatile weapon platform there is. What may happen, as someone already point out, is that we may see the government accept a caliber versatile weapon, like the SCAR or the Robinson XCR. However I think we may only see special forces use such a weapon.
Guvnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #23
jaboy
LiveLeaker

jaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addictionjaboy On the road to addiction

FN SCAR (Belgium)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6qrG87GJw
Robinson Armament XCR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6yUx7K6o0

"No one wins in war, and civilians always suffer in war, and the only way to prevent atrocities in war is to prevent war." -Lawrence Colburn, Former U.S. Soldier
jaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #24
ubdumb
CHANGE the CHANGE

ubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 20,675, Level: 20 Points: 20,675, Level: 20 Points: 20,675, Level: 20
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

I like the 6.8 remington round but there are many other rounds on the market that would make the M-4 lower reciever a great platform for a battle rifle.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #25
driedjello
scrillamonga

driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!
Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I have an M1A and several AR's. If I could only have one it would be the Springfield. The 7.62 is versatile.

Springfield M1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboy View Post
M-14 Still the best.real killer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIsWUvgtZY
Old 04-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #26
Amkus
Something's on my face?

Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!
Points: 39,545,730, Level: 100 Points: 39,545,730, Level: 100 Points: 39,545,730, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by driedjello View Post
I have an M1A and several AR's. If I could only have one it would be the Springfield. The 7.62 is versatile.

Springfield M1A
Can you send me an AR then?
Amkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:50 AM   #27
Fire37Rescue
I'm an acquired taste

Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100 Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100 Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100

while I'm no fan of the .223/5.56 cartridge, all this chit chat about a more modern weapons platform is kind of sorry. Fact is, weapons technology in hangguns was perfected in 1911 by Browning with the invention of the 1911 chambered for the .45 acp. There exists to this day, not a finer combat handgun. Police SWAT teams and Marine Recons cant get enough of them.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 AM   #28
donnie_eatmon
Liveleak Freak

donnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addictiondonnie_eatmon On the road to addiction
Default Hey Smeg

Hey, are you ever coming back to chat?

He who dances must pay the fiddler.
The smartest people do the dumbest things.
donnie_eatmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #29
Arkansas-Cowboy
KILL OUR BE KILLED

Arkansas-Cowboy is in the balanceArkansas-Cowboy is in the balanceArkansas-Cowboy is in the balance

Jesus you people dont understand the " SMALL BUT POWERFUL " Concept do you?
Arkansas-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #30
Arkansas-Cowboy
KILL OUR BE KILLED

Arkansas-Cowboy is in the balanceArkansas-Cowboy is in the balanceArkansas-Cowboy is in the balance
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK13 View Post
I NEVER had a problem with my weapon,of course it was cleaned thoroughly.The M855's are the best round for combat but frangible are for clearing buildings or should and mud huts.LOL....I can carry more 5.56 than I could ever carry 7.62.
Thank you.
Arkansas-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote