Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Europe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2017, 12:17 AM   #21
snipershot
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,069
snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
Explain this one to me.....I can get the politics and even the partisanship involved in this race, but I am not close enough to the French political spectrums and social landscapes and there's one thing that's really bothering me about this race.......

Macron was a finance minister and top aid to Dominique Villepin, who by no means, is an outsider. Yet, a lot of the French articles I've read via the UK and D.C. media establishment, are trying to say Macron is an outsider. I'm accepting as fact that he's not because he worked for Villepin, but do the French people really believe Macron is a political outsider? Because from my vantage point, I think it's laughably absurd anyone is describing Macron in such terms and I would think French people would overwhelmingly reject such a characterization. Those who are parroting the line that he's an outsider, seem like they're trying to gaslight the French people.....but is it working?
The global media forum is a good place to help swing polls. Le penn meeting the workers at the whirlpool factory while macron visited with chamber of commerce officials and avoided the strikers is a good example. That story went everywhere outside france.

Never heard of macron, half of france probably know him as any other random innocuous politician, but he is no heavyweight, and seems like a straight up eu shoe in.

Le penn has a chance, but its the same reticence as with trump. Everyone thought hillary would win, so why shouldnt macron be favorite for exactly the same reasons.
__________________
evil triumphs when good men do nothing~
snipershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:27 AM   #22
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch
 
Aquina1300's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mushroom House
Posts: 38,805
Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipershot View Post
The global media forum is a good place to help swing polls. Le penn meeting the workers at the whirlpool factory while macron visited with chamber of commerce officials and avoided the strikers is a good example. That story went everywhere outside france.

Never heard of macron, half of france probably know him as any other random innocuous politician, but he is no heavyweight, and seems like a straight up eu shoe in.

Le penn has a chance, but its the same reticence as with trump. Everyone thought hillary would win, so why shouldnt macron be favorite for exactly the same reasons.
I didn't pay much attention but I read somewhere that Macron was booed by factory workers. Le Pen seems to have upstaged him. I don't know how enough about the location and demographics and voting patterns though, to be able to determine the significance.

One thing I did hear is the Melenchon won't endorse Macron. Melenchon told his supporters not to vote, leave the ballot blank or protest the vote in some way. The French establishment seems really angry about that and they're saying an undervote could put Le Pen over the top in the runoff election. I don't know enough to speculate on the likelihood of that.

If the French establishment is trying to sway the election by using the international media to sell the narrative that Macron is an outsider, just on the surface, that's a losing strategy. Politics is local, always local. The more removed someone is from the actual election, the more their viewpoint is taken as being that of an interloper than a concerned party. Trying to affix a not-exactly-accurate description onto Macron via global media, will probably backfire.
__________________
If we mean to have heroes, statesmen and philosophers, we should have learned women.-Abigail Adams
this is not CNN or FOX (we're probably more accurate!)-LL Hayden
Someday I'll get my marxist utopia! -LL's GeorgeBush
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #23
DontTreadOnMe2
LL_FFL Champion 2009,2012
 
DontTreadOnMe2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 5,134
DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100
Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100 Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100 Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default

Im in England currently and watching the news - Le Pen did upstage him and he looked very bad when he did talk to those people.

Similar to the Trump effect - she is "polling" at 39%

So she might have chance
__________________
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." —Groucho Marx
DontTreadOnMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #24
snipershot
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,069
snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
I didn't pay much attention but I read somewhere that Macron was booed by factory workers. Le Pen seems to have upstaged him. I don't know how enough about the location and demographics and voting patterns though, to be able to determine the significance.

One thing I did hear is the Melenchon won't endorse Macron. Melenchon told his supporters not to vote, leave the ballot blank or protest the vote in some way. The French establishment seems really angry about that and they're saying an undervote could put Le Pen over the top in the runoff election. I don't know enough to speculate on the likelihood of that.

If the French establishment is trying to sway the election by using the international media to sell the narrative that Macron is an outsider, just on the surface, that's a losing strategy. Politics is local, always local. The more removed someone is from the actual election, the more their viewpoint is taken as being that of an interloper than a concerned party. Trying to affix a not-exactly-accurate description onto Macron via global media, will probably backfire.
The truth is aq, that the true 'majority' in most first world nations are the pensioners and blue collar workers, who are the children of those pensioners. Their average income is well below the touted national average wage by a fair margin. If you can mobilize them to the ballot box changes can be made, polls defied.

But i also think that the people behind politics know this. France has a serious 18-24 unemployment problem that has been dragging on since 2009, still at 23%(14% in the uk).

Couple that with good jobs being exported to lower wage zones, then dissent becomes palpable.

The plebs might be too engrossed with keeping a roof over their heads, but they arent stupid.
__________________
evil triumphs when good men do nothing~
snipershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #25
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!
 
seanjo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 43,824
seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe2 View Post
Im in England currently and watching the news - Le Pen did upstage him and he looked very bad when he did talk to those people.

Similar to the Trump effect - she is "polling" at 39%

So she might have chance

Where are you at? And are you enjoying yourself? I hope you are drinking real beer!!
__________________
The most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is ‘I do not know’.

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Abraham Lincoln
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:25 PM   #26
DontTreadOnMe2
LL_FFL Champion 2009,2012
 
DontTreadOnMe2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 5,134
DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100
Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100 Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100 Points: 387,054,510, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjo View Post
Where are you at? And are you enjoying yourself? I hope you are drinking real beer!!
Surrey/Weybridge... Brooklands -Here for work but for fun - going to museum for
Auto Italia - Italian Car Day


https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/wha...talian-car-day

Just happen to be here didn't know they were having this event - my company has an office in the Heights.... and I am staying at the Brooklands Hotel...

Sunday/Monday going into London to fuck around - Just in time for a bank holiday ... If I were English - I would vote Labour just for the 4 extra holidays!


So far I have only had a Stella... LOL.... hadn't been to a real pub yet..
__________________
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." —Groucho Marx
DontTreadOnMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:10 PM   #27
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility
 
adaptoman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: the back shed
Posts: 4,916
adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe2 View Post
Surrey/Weybridge... Brooklands -Here for work but for fun - going to museum for
Auto Italia - Italian Car Day


https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/wha...talian-car-day

Just happen to be here didn't know they were having this event - my company has an office in the Heights.... and I am staying at the Brooklands Hotel...

Sunday/Monday going into London to fuck around - Just in time for a bank holiday ... If I were English - I would vote Labour just for the 4 extra holidays!


So far I have only had a Stella... LOL.... hadn't been to a real pub yet..
Make sure the bar tender is Australian
You'll be waiting hours for good service if he's a local
__________________
Any day above ground is a good day.
adaptoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #28
snipershot
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,069
snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
Default

Latest development.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...discrimination

Further confirmation of macron being an eu/globalist puppet. I dont really care that x media agency is biased one way or the other. Ive watched RT(amongst many others) for a long time. Their bias is easy to see, but they are also in a unique position to step on toes like the BBC and other western msm just wont. Its at times refreshing. The truth comes in many forms, but its still the truth.
__________________
evil triumphs when good men do nothing~
snipershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #29
snipershot
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,069
snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
Default

Im not a pro russian shill either. Which is how they are playing macrons opposition, accusing le penn of being on russias side over ukraine and lifting sanctions.

Russia did not shoot down mh17, separatists shot down mh17. Though there are those intent on saying orders came from moscow, after previous downings its clear that decisions are/were being made in the field i.e 'any aircraft over contested airspace is fair game'.
__________________
evil triumphs when good men do nothing~
snipershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #30
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch
 
Aquina1300's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mushroom House
Posts: 38,805
Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default

Quote:
Charismatic First Round Candidate, Nicolas Dupont Aignan, Throws His Support – And Almost Two Million Votes – Behind Le Pen
Source:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...behind-le-pen/

I thought the media said every first round candidate except Melenchon had endorsed Macron. I guess the media wasn't exactly right in reporting that.
__________________
If we mean to have heroes, statesmen and philosophers, we should have learned women.-Abigail Adams
this is not CNN or FOX (we're probably more accurate!)-LL Hayden
Someday I'll get my marxist utopia! -LL's GeorgeBush
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.