Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Member Support > Computer Software

Old 08-07-2015, 07:16 PM   #21
Tinbuk3
Deplorable

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Or turn the vibrator down to lo.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #22
philomath
Gettin jiggy witit

philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!
Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollrobb View Post
After reading the post on this thread and the other one in the link shared by philomath i have to say i might have went at this a little backwards. What i mean by that is i upgraded to 10 from 7 first and then went about reading comments and asking for opinions.
With that being said anyone who has read any of my post on my "pc build" thread are aware i ask for advice and truly appreciate all advice other's are kind enough to share with me but regardless i do what i want and then as an afterthought decide if i should have done whatever it was i had done. Be it add hardware,software or a combination of the two.
As for my knowledge of computer hardware/software it would be safe to say i know just enough to screw things up and (knock on wood) lucky enough to be able to fix what i screw up.,(so far).
Back to windows 10,,I like the look/layout of it and as of this post i have only had a few hours to use it and Finger out what i have and how to use it. As of this post i like it and it seems to be working great for me. Not to say when i click [post reply] it all goes black and a puff of smoke comes out of my tower. but for now i like it.
Thank you all for taking the time to read my ramblings and share advice and opinions with me..,,,Have a nice weekend and take care..,,,Rob.
I am glad it is working out for you to this point, Sir. IMHO I guess it really depends on how many resources the user demands form the OS as to how his/hers W10 experience will be, and over time their demand as well.

Me, I am a "full throttle" kinda guy, so I see a OS's deficiencies or assets quick fast and in a hurry so to speak. I try to look at something from the outside looking in, as opposed to from the inside looking out. I try to see the whole entire program from the developer rather than just the OS itself. That is the best analogy I can come up with off the top of my head.

Anyway, I try to comprehend the over concept behind something.. Whats its real purpose? why is it done that way? What is it going to morph into in say, 12 months, 24 months and so on. These are a few of about 100 questions I almost always seek a answer to,fast asap.

Little things like these countless articles can give anyone a hint as to where they are wanting to go with it. And, why the rolled W10 out almost "stealthly" via extremely vague "IMPORTANT" updates the way they did trying to remove as many existing (non revenue generating) OS's they could before the buzz of what was happening got out.

These are just a few blind links that I c/p ed off the top of the search results, but there were literally thousands of them now, and growing as the Redmond strategy is spreading among end users..
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 Starts Charging For Missing Features

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...s-10-charging/

'Free' Windows 10 Has High Cost To Windows 7 And Windows 8 Users

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...has-high-cost/

Gotta go for now..

Waves to all
Philo..

~And The Beat Goes On~
philomath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:13 PM   #23
syszero
LiveLeaker

syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!
Points: 416,619, Level: 91 Points: 416,619, Level: 91 Points: 416,619, Level: 91
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjobs View Post
Try it without a dick in yer mouth
is that how you solved your problem? I bet you have a problem sitting down too...
syszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #24
Hollrobb
LiveLeaker

Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 60,942,342, Level: 100 Points: 60,942,342, Level: 100 Points: 60,942,342, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomath View Post
I am glad it is working out for you to this point, Sir. IMHO I guess it really depends on how many resources the user demands form the OS as to how his/hers W10 experience will be, and over time their demand as well.

Me, I am a "full throttle" kinda guy, so I see a OS's deficiencies or assets quick fast and in a hurry so to speak. I try to look at something from the outside looking in, as opposed to from the inside looking out. I try to see the whole entire program from the developer rather than just the OS itself. That is the best analogy I can come up with off the top of my head.

Anyway, I try to comprehend the over concept behind something.. Whats its real purpose? why is it done that way? What is it going to morph into in say, 12 months, 24 months and so on. These are a few of about 100 questions I almost always seek a answer to,fast asap.

Little things like these countless articles can give anyone a hint as to where they are wanting to go with it. And, why the rolled W10 out almost "stealthly" via extremely vague "IMPORTANT" updates the way they did trying to remove as many existing (non revenue generating) OS's they could before the buzz of what was happening got out.

These are just a few blind links that I c/p ed off the top of the search results, but there were literally thousands of them now, and growing as the Redmond strategy is spreading among end users..
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 Starts Charging For Missing Features

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...s-10-charging/

'Free' Windows 10 Has High Cost To Windows 7 And Windows 8 Users

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...has-high-cost/

Gotta go for now..

Waves to all
Philo..
Life is way to short for all that. I look at it as,,if it doesn't work out i'll pull the hard drive and put a new one in and start over with windows 7 again.. or Xp,,vista,2000,98,95,? something,,,hahaha
Thank you all the same..,,Have a nice weekend and relax if you can...,,Rob.
Hollrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #25
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Working well for me, I've cloned my old Win 7 installation so if it starts acting up, I shall revert.

Slow to start for me, but that might be my system being a bit old.

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Abraham Lincoln
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:00 AM   #26
backburn
Dumpster Diving

backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!backburn is a forum GOD!!

Love it!
backburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #27
Hollrobb
LiveLeaker

Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!Hollrobb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 60,942,342, Level: 100 Points: 60,942,342, Level: 100 Points: 60,942,342, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by backburn View Post
Love it!
Thanks. So far i like it but i am still getting the hang of it.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #28
MadMike740
Gravity Sucks

MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!MadMike740 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 4,596,622, Level: 100 Points: 4,596,622, Level: 100 Points: 4,596,622, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

10 works great for me all i do is surf the web watch movies and game. no problems whatsoever....i've gained about 15fps going from 8.1 to 10

MadMike740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:38 AM   #29
syszero
LiveLeaker

syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!
Points: 416,619, Level: 91 Points: 416,619, Level: 91 Points: 416,619, Level: 91

ok ding-a-lings . . . the OS is the management program for the computer. If you are on the computer to read emails, chat and open a few graphic programs any OS is ok.

If you are doing elaborate stuff like Audio mixing, CAD designing, Graphic illustration/rendering, Video editing etc then you might want to look into a good CPU and graphics card. Performance is rarely dependent on the OS unless the OS is shit.

Dont upgrade for the sake of upgrading. Upgrade only if you are unhappy with the performance and there is nothing else you can do

Last edited by syszero; 08-09-2015 at 03:45 AM.
syszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #30
Hollrobb
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by syszero View Post
ok ding-a-lings . . . the OS is the management program for the computer. If you are on the computer to read emails, chat and open a few graphic programs any OS is ok.

If you are doing elaborate stuff like Audio mixing, CAD designing, Graphic illustration/rendering, Video editing etc then you might want to look into a good CPU and graphics card. Performance is rarely dependent on the OS unless the OS is shit.

Dont upgrade for the sake of upgrading. Upgrade only if you are unhappy with the performance and there is nothing else you can do
You do a lot of stuff don't you. Between being a "full throttle" kinda guy", and looking at a OS's deficiencies or assets and "Audio mixing, CAD designing, Graphic illustration/rendering, Video editing etc" i'm impressed you have time for us "ding-a-lings".
It looks as if the quotes in this post are the majority of the content. I attribute that to the fact you always got a lot to say.
As always thanks for sharing.