Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Member Support > Computer Hardware

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #31
Tinbuk3
You can all go to LL.

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 878,877,577, Level: 100 Points: 878,877,577, Level: 100 Points: 878,877,577, Level: 100
Activity: 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Good grief Eric .. save yourself some cash and anxiety and go with an AMD board and CPU.
They are far more forgiving, true they wont beat the Intel bench marks for sheer speed but trust me you wont even notice.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
ERiC_DrAyViN
"Hayden I am your father"

ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!
Points: 89,842,948, Level: 100 Points: 89,842,948, Level: 100 Points: 89,842,948, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbuk3 View Post
Good grief Eric .. save yourself some cash and anxiety and go with an AMD board and CPU.
They are far more forgiving, true they wont beat the Intel bench marks for sheer speed but trust me you wont even notice.
You know the weirdest thing is it didn't gradually breakdown it was literally overnight this happened. I might go AMD I don't know, we'll see what prices are like.

Mybe a Gigabyte AMD setup. :/
"ur 1st sentence is LOL. however, according to my sources, u had something u desired to communicate regarding polonium213. unless it was the incompetent whiney gibberish from euro lib shitbag cowardly vaginas, probably, then u can address it via pm " -- Polonium213

you just don't hit a kid, especially not your own! -- meno
ERiC_DrAyViN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #33
Tinbuk3
You can all go to LL.

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 878,877,577, Level: 100 Points: 878,877,577, Level: 100 Points: 878,877,577, Level: 100
Activity: 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Well, before you run out and buy something try a CMOS update if you haven't.
Note: newest isn't always the best one so read the updates on them first.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
philomath
Gettin jiggy witit

philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!
Points: 21,263,260, Level: 100 Points: 21,263,260, Level: 100 Points: 21,263,260, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Also, check that you don't have a bad chunk of ram, or it has a dirty connection, same with all peripherals, actually. Video card and so on. Take the memory out and back in a few times. Same with the cards. You would be shocked how many times I see loose connection problems, especially with older terminals. It's like a epidemic in older Rack farms (Server stacks, lots of them).

Although, you're probably right bout the old board.

~And The Beat Goes On~
philomath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #35
Xavior
Your Papa

Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!
Points: 65,507,180, Level: 100 Points: 65,507,180, Level: 100 Points: 65,507,180, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

There is a simple science to finding PC issues: process of elimination. You only need CPU and RAM to boot, after you check that add each component.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #36
BundyR
LiveLeaker

BundyR On the road to addiction
Points: 704, Level: 4 Points: 704, Level: 4 Points: 704, Level: 4
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

I think MouseITup and philomath are on to your problem. As your mobo gets older, the VRM (voltage regulators) get a bit tired and sometimes don't lay out enough volts soon enough for everything to run properly. Couple that with RAM that needs more and more volts as it gets older and - there your problem is. Sometimes the RAM works and sometime it doesn't.

You can fix this in a number of ways. a) bump up the ram voltage a notch in bios (easy), b) slow the ram down a bit in bios (not such a great idea) or c) try brand new RAM.

I would try option a), it costs nothing. Beware though, this is a short term fix and your problem will return worse than ever.. RAM doesn't last forever.

If you really want to do tests, then make up a Memtest +86 disk and boot to that and run a couple of passes, I'm sure it will fail.
BundyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #37
BABELcorp
LiveLeaker

BABELcorp On the road to addiction
Points: 288, Level: 2 Points: 288, Level: 2 Points: 288, Level: 2
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

1. Bad jumper/ATA connection

Doesn't matter if they're brand new SATA Drives: you need to put your master drive (the drive you want to boot from) in SATA port 0. Slaves, in order are accounted for in 1, 2, 3 etc....

2. BIOS

Don't fuck with BIOS/CMOS unless absolutely necessary. If you've done your own troubleshooting, and results flucuate, chances are its nothing to do with either of the former, as BIOS and CMOS come before POST.

3. Fan Speed

This is probably a sign you've been fucking with your BIOS too much. I would contact the manufacturer of your motherboard and ask them for the latest, most reliable software for it, rather than dick about asking fools on the internet. The manufacturers will have a much stronger understanding of the problem and can provide you with the correct software.

4, Monitor

Does the monitor start in other machines? Run it down to a computer hardware charity shop, yes they do exist, and as long as two old-looking members of staff are hanging around, tell them that they're free to have a crack at it. This gives them the disclaimer to be free from legal action if they fuck up, which they really need if they want to test your computer monitor. If they check it and it's good, it's not your monitor.

5. PSU Fan

Fans don't go bad, but the CABLES do.... watch that you haven't knocked the fan cable out. If that happens, computer won't start at all. BIG cause of computer problems.

6. Voltage

Very poor chance of it being a poor v failure - as far as people go, we carry more charge than a computer, hence the problem of ESD.
Note: upon reading your posts, find out the EXACT details (serial number, manufacturer, etc.) of your PSU and your motherboard. Then ring your motherboard manufacturer and ask them if the two are compatible.

7. "It Happened Overnight"

My guess is that you've knocked a cable or two and have put it in the wrong place. But, this could be wrong: you're better off taking a picture of the computer (don't take it apart! take a pic of how you have it) with a photo flash, and giving all the relevant BSOD/Error codes.
BABELcorp is offline   Reply With Quote