Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > Your News Headlines

Old 03-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
philomath
Gettin jiggy witit

philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!
Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

He explains my point much better. Pretty much spot on at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-QoyPE0YE

~And The Beat Goes On~
philomath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #12
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomath View Post
He explains my point much better. Pretty much spot on at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-QoyPE0YE

1) I'm not going to defend Glen Beck and the Blaze as having a smart business model. However, they are a pro-life media outlet.

2) I strongly disagree with Dice here that being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion. That distinction without substance has been a long standing argument made by pro-abortion politicians and activists. It breaks down very quickly for those of us who believe an unborn child is first and foremost a human being deserving Constitutional protections because every human being has a right to life.

There is no policy or legal distinction between saying pro-choice and pro-abortion. It's like saying that one is personally opposed to abortion but believes abortion is a right.....then why would anyone be against exercising that right, if indeed, it is a civil right? It's like saying that one is personally opposed to free speech but believes others should have the right to free speech. It doesn't make any sense except to use a nice description like pro-choice rather than pro-choice.

Hillary Clinton tried that distinction without substance back in the 1990's when she said abortion should be safe, legal and rare. It is a logical fallacy to say that there should be a right to something, as guaranteed by the Constitution and then turn around and say it's awful, devastating and should be rarely practiced. That's just ridiculous.

I'd say that because of our culture of death, the attempt to overturn Roe V Wade is not a practical course of action to pursue. But I wouldn't shy away from saying abortion is the taking of a human life. I don't think it's tolerable thing either. It's more that our culture has allowed such a thing on a widespread basis and has become warped against the normal sympathy and concerns that mothers with crisis pregnancies have.

The vast majority of women who seek abortions do so because they believe they do not have the financial ability to both have a child and stay out of poverty. That's a problem with how we value motherhood and the way in which we have culturally separated the act of sex from procreation.

Our attitudes about human life when it comes to unborn children isn't going to change unless the culture changes. Most pro-lifers are fully aware of that.

3) Tomi Lahren can be as vocally pro-abortion as she wants. No one is going to stop her from speaking her mind. However, there is no reason why I or any other conservative has to listen to her and no reason why conservative media outlets should have to employ her. She made a decision to share a viewpoint that she knew was inimical to the conservatism at the Blaze. She knew the Blaze was an ideological media outlet. Frankly, I have more respect for the Blaze in refusing to renew the contract of a popular host that doesn't hold their values. The Blaze is being true to their values. They have that right. Tomi has the right to seek employment elsewhere. Given her ratings and her pro-abortion stance, she'll probably get hired. Again, try naming one woman who hosts a single show on any main stream media outlet that is not pro-abortion? It's a litmus test for media and it's been so since the 1980's.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly

Last edited by Aquina1300; 03-23-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #13
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

One more line of reasoning........either an embryo/fetus is a human being or it's not. There's no inbetween where a developing offspring is not the same species as it's progenitors. There is no disqualifying a human life based on age, circumstances or personality. Either it's a human life or it's not. Given that an unborn child is growing, developing and alive in the womb, it's a human life. Granted having a child changes a woman's life, but it doesn't destroy a woman's life or end a woman's life. There is very little distinction between the reliance a new born infant has on it's mother and the reliance an unborn child has.

Basically, it is not saving the life of a woman to eliminate her child. A society that thinks that way is doomed.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote