Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > North America

Old 02-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #51
DanielDefense
LiveLeaker

DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!
Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

1517837065768.jpg
DanielDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:46 AM   #52
philomath
Gettin jiggy witit

philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!
Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjobs View Post
Let me make it really simple for you so you can understand how serious this is.

Watergate was a failed attempt by a sitting president at spying on their opposition, Obama actually did it and got caught after the fact. No only that, he politicized the DOJ and FBI to do it!
Well, kind Sir. Let me try to make this as easy as I can for you to understand my POV, and how it relates in contemporary times.

While your point was well taken, its a hellava long way from then to now. (watergate era, was half a century ago) The political positions, attitudes, acceptable behavior, and actionable laws are quite different now than they were in the "commie" period of this nation. We now live in the "depends on what your definition of is, is, era". If the current events happening now were happening then in the Watergate era, not one of "dos" commie loving trumps would eva had a chance to capture higher power, especially the POUS. They would have likely have been labeled as commie lovers, from most sides, just for associating with those folks.

(altho I would love for it to be)Basically there is nothing in the report that would likely be acted upon now days IMHO, and absolutely nothing we had not heard about for months ahead of the release.

Look I know you are seeing this from a hyper partisan right wing point of view, and you see a Dem, or more horrific, a Clinton under every bush. And, hey more power to ya. I am closer to your POV than theirs.. But, please understand. Not everyone is a ultra hard line right winger. Some folks are moderate conservatives,,, (WAVES). I try to see all sides of any given subject. Like this one.

You do know even the Right wing darling, Trey Gowdy does not support the ultra right wings complete POV on this subject. I agree more with him on this one. I will try to find him somewhere talking about it.

My POV is there will likely be no appetite to do almost anything about this. Just a bunch of highly partisan bickering and finger pointing about it to feed the red meat folks.

Let me guess. I bet you think it was not a highly partisan move by the Repubs to release this in the first place.(A cover your azz move) Just like its not going to be a partisan move when the Dems start next week wanting the POUS to release their portion of this whole entangled mess(yes they have more documents they want declassified that minimizes the sting of the Repubs release) and Trump either stalls it, or just flat out refuses to in the long run. That will be a political move by both of them. If the Dems can get their portion of the information declassified, then that is suppose to be their counter to the repubs claim that they(Obamas crowd) politicized any of the justice dpt. At that point it becomes a circle shooting range and, again a nothing burger in the long run.

IMHO, this whole thing was an attempt to take some of the heat off the fact that the investigation was approved in the first place. (delegitimize any upcoming findings, for whatever reason will just be icing on the cake so to speak). On this, Gowdy is one of many who completely disagree with that accretion by the Trump folks.

Listening to the Growdy evidence he was willing to share, I agree. Thats all.

I guess My problem is, I know BOTH sides are about as slimy as jellyfish poop.

Well thats my worthless opinion. take it with a grain of salt, kind Sir. Have a great day.

------
please excuse any typos, I am busy as crap so I ran about a half dozen trains of thought together, so this post may require a bit of deciphering, I'm no secretary, and I hate to proofread.

Philo
Waves to all.

Ohh, I almost forgot about Trey. Let me look for a sec.

Here he is talking a bit about it, doesn't cover it all but he does give a bit of a synapse between the pieces of info from his POV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ylNzY7Ixc

~And The Beat Goes On~

Last edited by philomath; 02-06-2018 at 03:37 AM.
philomath is offline   Reply With Quote