Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > North America

Old 02-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #11
Daveypoo
LiveLeaker

Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 48,877,966, Level: 100 Points: 48,877,966, Level: 100 Points: 48,877,966, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
Don't change the topic
Roughly translated:

"Don't post facts that disprove the fake news I posted!!!!!11 REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Daveypoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:50 AM   #12
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipershot View Post
Guardian is a shit source. People in ivory towers shouldnt throw stones.
Its you thats gullible. Do you even politics bro?
Its like left wingers who went to oxford/cambridge preaching lessons in morality. The most privileged preaching to the least privileged. They didnt get where they are because of meritocracy, they got there through the private education system. They are the most insidious propagandists because arguably they are the best educated.
Guardian is a shit source? Since when? It seems like nowadays, any news that isnt in line with the beliefs/narrative you have is "fake news."

And you don't need to be rich or privately educated to write and speak well. But even if you did, you're saying that's why it's a bad source?? Who do you want reporting your news, then? some 19 year old drug dealer on the corner in Detroit? Or perhaps some 40 year old high school dropout in a trailer park in the middle of Appalachia, ranting some nonsense, 10th beer of the day in hand? Lol. FFS.

And The Guardian is not the one who collected this data, they are just the ones reporting it. Ivory towers or not, they're reporting on facts and data.

Last edited by slacker-; 02-08-2018 at 12:55 AM.
slacker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:58 AM   #13
syszero
LiveLeaker

syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!syszero is a forum GOD!!
Points: 416,619, Level: 91 Points: 416,619, Level: 91 Points: 416,619, Level: 91
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

op fahg.jpg
Old 02-08-2018, 01:07 AM   #14
UKatheist
mad as a clowns tadger

UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Any rag that had seamus milne on its books is not trustworthy
All these supposed stick it to the man activists quoting the graunaid yet they ignore the fact that the hacks who work there the grunts who do the work are on zero hour contracts with an enforced month off after a certain time so they do not get proper employment rights.
The gaurdian trustworthy? is it shite
Who are you ? Do not bark out of his booth!
UKatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:27 AM   #15
snipershot
LiveLeaker

snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
And The Guardian is not the one who collected this data, they are just the ones reporting it. Ivory towers or not, they're reporting on facts and data.
No, the data was from oxford.
A university(along with cambridge) whose top 100 schools for admissions are all private schools.

Im a working class lad who grew up in a mining village, i know what the elites think about people like me. We are shit on their shoes. They are our former feudal lords and they still think thats their role in british society.

What do you know apart from how to act like an apologist for people who would not give you the steam off their shit.

I just think youre naive when it comes to british politics. You should be thankful that in the US, class is a much broader brush compared to the UK. That is to say the US, possibly because of its younger age, is a much more equitable place to live than the UK.

Only 6% of british schoolchildren are privately educated, yet make up the majority of the judiciary, civil service and political offices.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...s-finds-survey
(and yes, intentional use of guardian as a source just for irony)

Their mistake was allowing the serfs to educate themselves. Their days are numbered.

Do you deny the existence of class divides, and those who actively seek to maintain such division?
Old 02-08-2018, 02:16 AM   #16
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
Don't change the topic, we're talking about what kind of people actually believe fake news.
The article mentions nothing about what kind of person shares the most fake news.

We know you like being lied to. Gullibility is the reason you spread fake news as if it were real.
Can you not read ?
Your Guardian article is Trumped by the BBC
Pun intended
You have been hoist by your own petard once again. Hahaha

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
Old 02-08-2018, 02:27 AM   #17
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipershot View Post
No, the data was from oxford.
A university(along with cambridge) whose top 100 schools for admissions are all private schools.

Im a working class lad who grew up in a mining village, i know what the elites think about people like me. We are shit on their shoes. They are our former feudal lords and they still think thats their role in british society.

What do you know apart from how to act like an apologist for people who would not give you the steam off their shit.

I just think youre naive when it comes to british politics. You should be thankful that in the US, class is a much broader brush compared to the UK. That is to say the US, possibly because of its younger age, is a much more equitable place to live than the UK.

Only 6% of british schoolchildren are privately educated, yet make up the majority of the judiciary, civil service and political offices.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...s-finds-survey
(and yes, intentional use of guardian as a source just for irony)

Their mistake was allowing the serfs to educate themselves. Their days are numbered.

Do you deny the existence of class divides, and those who actively seek to maintain such division?
Like you said, I don't know enough about British politics or the culture to really comment on what the elites or working class want there or the dynamics between them. But that's not the point. Whether these people were privately educated or not, they didn't just invent this data! It came from somewhere. I'm not defending the elites of Britain, I'm defending the data and calling you out on you saying this is a shit source just because, from what I gather, you do not like the conclusion they came to. And apparently you do not like the elites.
That's fine, they may all be awful, who knows, but just bc someone is snobby and looks down on you doesn't mean they're incorrect in the data they've gathered here.
slacker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:41 AM   #18
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
Like you said, I don't know enough about British politics or the culture to really comment on what the elites or working class want there or the dynamics between them. But that's not the point. Whether these people were privately educated or not, they didn't just invent this data! It came from somewhere. I'm not defending the elites of Britain, I'm defending the data and calling you out on you saying this is a shit source just because, from what I gather, you do not like the conclusion they came to. And apparently you do not like the elites.
That's fine, they may all be awful, who knows, but just bc someone is snobby and looks down on you doesn't mean they're incorrect in the data they've gathered here.
He is saying thier data is unreliable because of bias
These studies are well known to reflect the bias of the people conducting them
That the guardian is reporting it adds further weight to the assumption of said bias

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
Old 02-08-2018, 05:12 AM   #19
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

This study is fake news, but posting it is actually a big step up from your usual sewage overflow. Keep up the turd-noodling. It may be pathetic and useless but it's all you're good at.
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:42 AM   #20
snipershot
LiveLeaker

snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
He is saying thier data is unreliable because of bias
These studies are well known to reflect the bias of the people conducting them
That the guardian is reporting it adds further weight to the assumption of said bias
Ty adapto.

@slacker
People being snobs isnt the problem, a very small number of corrupt individuals running/ruining my country is.

For them it is about controlling the plebs while they farm taxes and avoid paying theirs.
Politics is supposed to be about representing the interests of the actual majority. It isnt that, and has never been that. The labour party has 550k members, the conservative party has 150k members, hardly an inclusive party political system.

This left/right thing is pure distraction for the masses.