Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Iraq

Old 05-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by USroguestate View Post
Wow.... it has all been worth it.... don't worry about the hundreds of thousands who have died and the 1000+ who die on average every month..... Iraqi's must be counting there lucky stars that US agression came knocking on their doors - pathetic
Yes, the invasion could have been planned better and all could have been more prepared for what to expect in the aftermath.

A terrible lack of foresight occurred. That happens in war, unfortunately.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
jihad_forever
LiveLeaker

jihad_forever is in the balance

Quote:
Seems like Iraqi's are doing far worse since Saddam was deposed..... name something substantial that they have gained from US invasion and occupation.
They get to view our new $800 million dollar embassy. It's got clean running water, a pool, movie theatre, and electricity. Sadly most Iraqis don't have any of that but they do get to see it from a distance.
jihad_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #13
bacongrease
LiveLeaker

bacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addictionbacongrease On the road to addiction
Points: 5,395, Level: 10 Points: 5,395, Level: 10 Points: 5,395, Level: 10
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
The future is always murky until it's the past.
words of wisdom for the young.
...but most of the children here are still young enough to "know everyhting" so it will take them a few runs at being an adult to realize there is more to this world than just "theirs". A few humble realities smack them in their know it all faces and then they step back and gain more confidence in the world they thought they had under their control as it suddenly starts to expand and shrink in ways they never perceivd possible...oh the future...it is always so clearly murky.
I plan the path of destiny from this maze

Last edited by bacongrease; 05-04-2008 at 03:03 PM.
bacongrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #14
thepittman
Go Buccos

thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,448,411, Level: 100 Points: 2,448,411, Level: 100 Points: 2,448,411, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihad_forever View Post
They get to view our new $800 million dollar embassy. It's got clean running water, a pool, movie theatre, and electricity. Sadly most Iraqis don't have any of that but they do get to see it from a distance.
So what if America builds a nice embassy? It our money we can do that. As far as the Iraqi's go i guess you forget the BILLIONS we give them to rebuild their country. A smart man would be happy to take the money and build a strong nation from it. Misguided men don't care about the well being of Iraq and cause further conflict.
"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."
John Adams
thepittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
LoPull
LiveLeaker

LoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balance

Quote:
Wow.... it has all been worth it.... don't worry about the hundreds of thousands who have died and the 1000+ who die on average every month..... Iraqi's must be counting there lucky stars that US agression came knocking on their doors - pathetic
Yet you never acknowledge the eight year war with iran and the two million Iraqi casualties, you never acknowledge the killing of tens of thousands (by gassing) of Kurds and you never acknowledge the massacre of the Marsh Arabs. You pretend that life was great and that no one was murdered by the regime, there was full employment and no poverty.

Many Iraqis, especially those NOT part of the clans and tribes that were in favor are very happy. NOW they can have businesses and lives unencumbered by Saddam and his murdering thugs that ruled Iraq with an iron grip for decades.

If you think Saddam wasn't a ruthless tyrant...find the videos of him, during an assembly meeting, singling out party members that were taken out on the spot and sent to be tortured and never seen again...and THESE were HIS hand chosen "friends" NOT regular Iraqis!
LoPull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #16
Tinbuk3
moot scoot'n boogie

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Same old crap ,after 8 years one would think about what they are doing wrong not what Bush did wrong.
8 years.
It didn't work then and it wont work for another 8.
Yes reality sucks, but only for you and a hand full of malcontents buzzing around a few web sites.

Sour grapes propaganda.

Last edited by Tinbuk3; 05-05-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Tinbuk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #17
USroguestate
LiveLeaker

USroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addiction
Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbuk3 View Post
Same old crap ,after 8 years one would think about what they are doing wrong not what Bush did wrong.
8 years.
It didn't work then and it wont work for another 8.
Yes reality sucks, but only for you and a hand full of malcontents buzzing around a few web site.

Sour grapes propaganda.
The sour grapes are with you mate..... the body bags coming home, the deformed bodies, the mentally scarred.... the reputation diminished by farmers with AK-47's..... the abject failure of the mission..... and yet you want 'the (imaginary) job done'... you clearly show your support for your troops by supporting their continual death
Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #18
USroguestate
LiveLeaker

USroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addiction
Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPull View Post
Yet you never acknowledge the eight year war with iran and the two million Iraqi casualties, you never acknowledge the killing of tens of thousands (by gassing) of Kurds and you never acknowledge the massacre of the Marsh Arabs. You pretend that life was great and that no one was murdered by the regime, there was full employment and no poverty.

Many Iraqis, especially those NOT part of the clans and tribes that were in favor are very happy. NOW they can have businesses and lives unencumbered by Saddam and his murdering thugs that ruled Iraq with an iron grip for decades.

If you think Saddam wasn't a ruthless tyrant...find the videos of him, during an assembly meeting, singling out party members that were taken out on the spot and sent to be tortured and never seen again...and THESE were HIS hand chosen "friends" NOT regular Iraqis!
? Your country never showed much interest for Iraq before except profiting off the IranvIraq war.... the sanctions imposed on Iraq damaged the people not Saddam.... I thought the reason for going to Iraq was because Saddam posed an iminent threat to US security.... stop apologising Lopull.... People were not dying on the streets in thousands by the month.... there was not a massive internal war erupting.... there were not suicide bombers, car bombs, I.E.D's going off daily.... Stop trying to pretend that your country holds the high moral ground.... Saddam was a brutal dictator and yet he was one of your country's best friends in the ME.... you are getting desperate.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #19
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100

Quote:
? Your country never showed much interest for Iraq before except profiting off the IranvIraq war.... the sanctions imposed on Iraq damaged the people not Saddam.... I thought the reason for going to Iraq was because Saddam posed an iminent threat to US security.... stop apologising Lopull.... People were not dying on the streets in thousands by the month.... there was not a massive internal war erupting.... there were not suicide bombers, car bombs, I.E.D's going off daily.... Stop trying to pretend that your country holds the high moral ground.... Saddam was a brutal dictator and yet he was one of your country's best friends in the ME.... you are getting desperate.
Saddam Hussein was convenient during the 1980s
It was a utilitarian relationships on both sides, hardly an alliance.

There was massive internal war prior to USA invasion.
Halabja massacre 1988, Shia uprisings, marsh arabs being liquidated etc.
Its just that the world doesn't really care when arabs kill arabs, unfortunately.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #20
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Quote:
The sour grapes are with you mate..... the body bags coming home, the deformed bodies, the mentally scarred.... the reputation diminished by farmers with AK-47's..... the abject failure of the mission..... and yet you want 'the (imaginary) job done'... you clearly show your support for your troops by supporting their continual death
The mission seems to be succeeding, albeit at half the velocity of a snail's pace.

Some give the Ultimate Sacrifice. God Bless Them.
We take time to remember them on Memorial Day.

Some young men and women discover a courage, discipline and respect for life while serving in the armed forces during wartime. It has changed many lives for the better.