Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > North America

Old 08-29-2017, 02:00 AM   #11
UKatheist
mad as a clowns tadger

UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beuwolf88 View Post
Ok

Buying the highest point in the country is your solution to global warming?

Welcome to super storms.
Harvey not a super storm
Bigger one hit Alabama in the thirties and Connecticut lost thousands of acres of farmland again in thirties, big land mass draws in big storms and makes big storms, tis the nature of things, best not make it something that it is not. The increase in population leads to more damage what was once flood plains are now housing.
Then again i'm probably preaching to empty house.
Who are you ? Do not bark out of his booth!

Last edited by UKatheist; 08-29-2017 at 02:04 AM. Reason: 《》||♢
UKatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:02 AM   #12
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Water damage is the largest property destroyer by a huge margin,
That's why most all insurances won't cover it. Takes a special, and depending where you live, a very expensive rider on your insurance.
A swamp or bayou will drain within days, while a river can take weeks.
That's why you build your home up on stilts, to be above that 100yr flood level.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #13
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
So what? This storm isn't that bad. I've personally been in worse. A lot of people will lose their property and a lot of money in the Texas area. I wonder if flood insurance was mandatory in Texas?

Probably not, it's like a 3rd world country down there.
LOL, what a fucking idiot. We have more fortune 500 companies than anyone, some of the richest cities, the most culture, the best food, NASA, the med center, the energy capital of the world and none of that northern race hate, we all get along even when outsiders try to come down and stir up shit between everyone.

Flood insurance is only mandatory if you live in a flood plain.

This storm wasn't bad at all, it was the fact that it sat in one place for so long.

The Taliban decimated the virgin 6 year old community... we all suffer - Dat

Being an atheist is not a choice. It's a default state of mind.
ThisisnotChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #14
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
Water damage is the largest property destroyer by a huge margin,
That's why most all insurances won't cover it. Takes a special, and depending where you live, a very expensive rider on your insurance.
A swamp or bayou will drain within days, while a river can take weeks.
That's why you build your home up on stilts, to be above that 100yr flood level.
That is incorrect. I have flood insurance for $450,000 coverage for $450/year.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:42 PM   #15
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beuwolf88 View Post
Ok

Buying the highest point in the country is your solution to global warming?

Welcome to super storms.
As said above, not a super storm. It was relatively weak but got stuck in between two high pressure systems and stalled out. We had the same thing happen in 2001 with a tropical storm and dumped as much rain but 15 years of over development caused these recent issues, not the intensity or size of the hurricane.

Don't get me wrong, 10 months worth of rain in 3 days will fuck you up but you can't have 2000 square miles of concrete and not expect this.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #16
zero-g
Premium Member

zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisisnotChad View Post
That is incorrect. I have flood insurance for $450,000 coverage for $450/year.
Nope, he IS correct.
Flood insurance comes from a fema rider(that is collected by your regular carrier) , and the rate is based on where you do or don't sit in the 100/200 year flood plain .

I personally paid THOUSANDS a year on top of my regular home owners for several years because my home was improperly added to a flood zone of undetermined depth/range whatever measure it was they use.

Like any other insurance , it's cost is based on perceived risk.

I did a few yoursays about this years ago when I was going through the process of officially determining the boundaries of the flood zone I'm in with respect to my house location.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #17
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero-g View Post
Nope, he IS correct.
Flood insurance comes from a fema rider(that is collected by your regular carrier) , and the rate is based on where you do or don't sit in the 100/200 year flood plain .

I personally paid THOUSANDS a year on top of my regular home owners for several years because my home was improperly added to a flood zone of undetermined depth/range whatever measure it was they use.

Like any other insurance , it's cost is based on perceived risk.

I did a few yoursays about this years ago when I was going through the process of officially determining the boundaries of the flood zone I'm in with respect to my house location.
Ah, gotcha.

So maybe we're both right in that it matters where you live if it's expensive or not. The neighborhood next to mine is underwater and evacuated. They paid the same amount for flood insurance as I did.

Or maybe it depends city by city or state by state.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #18
inevitab1e
Super Cuck King

inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!inevitab1e is a forum GOD!!
Points: 11,326,821, Level: 100 Points: 11,326,821, Level: 100 Points: 11,326,821, Level: 100
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:
LOL, what a fucking idiot. We have more fortune 500 companies than anyone
Oil corporations? Nothing to be proud of. Aren't they those corporations that tell you their pollution is harmless?
"You either listen to the facts or continue living in ignorance" - me
inevitab1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #19
zero-g
Premium Member

zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Quote:
Ah, gotcha.

So maybe we're both right in that it matters where you live if it's expensive or not. The neighborhood next to mine is underwater and evacuated. They paid the same amount for flood insurance as I did.

Or maybe it depends city by city or state by state.
definitely both correct in that it's dependent on "where" you live and the "risk" they attach to it.

In the case of this storm, it in many cases didn't really seem to matter what zone you were in because when faced with 5 ft of rain in a week, pretty much anywhere flat is going to be under water regardless.
For the better part of the time though , elevation and proximity to water bodies etc are what's taken into account.

In my personal case, I have a "river" which is a huge stretch of the definition and bone dry at the moment, running through my property , but there was no official flood documentation on record verifying it's geographic range , flood water elevations or any of that, so I was forced to just pay the highest rate until I could document and prove things otherwise. I may as well been living on a private oceanfront property for the rate I was paying.
In contrast, if I were to carry the same flood policy now based on the new map work, it would be just a small fraction of what I was paying as the house sits outside of the newly , downgraded rating of flood zone.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #20
beuwolf88
LiveLeaker

beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!beuwolf88 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 290,270,948, Level: 100 Points: 290,270,948, Level: 100 Points: 290,270,948, Level: 100
Activity: 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKatheist View Post
Harvey not a super storm
Bigger one hit Alabama in the thirties and Connecticut lost thousands of acres of farmland again in thirties, big land mass draws in big storms and makes big storms, tis the nature of things, best not make it something that it is not. The increase in population leads to more damage what was once flood plains are now housing.
Then again i'm probably preaching to empty house.
Global warming is just loading the dice for major weather events.

Floods, hurricanes, heatwaves, cool waves all breaking historical records at the same time we have never had so much co2 in the atmosphere.