Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Firearms

Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #51
Blackhawk067
Porpoise Eradicator

Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100 Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100 Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
LOL....yeah right! Like I believe THAT!
Bet all they had to do was show you the gun, and it was sold!
lol...well...it wasn't until I held it. As soon as it was in my hand...that was it. I was sold.

Quote:
That's quite high praise, coming from someone like you.
Maybe I should take a look at Sig in .45ACP

The 220 or the 227....so many choices!
I really just can't say anything bad about it. It's a bigger gun, and it's not polymer, so it's not light, but shit....it puts the bullet right where you want it every time, it's got great night sights, decocker, 15 round clips, and it's completely rust/corrosion proof. What else can ya ask for?

Obviously, it's not the most versatile weapon, as it would be extremely bulky to conceal, and if you had small hands, it would probably be a bit much, but for me, it's like someone measured every part of my hand and made this gun especially for me.

Quote:
2 months ago a got a Glock 30 Gen 4 as my cc, and depending on the dealer, they're all about the same price. Now my next big choice is which full size I'll get, the XDM or M&P, and here you throw up Sig as highly recommended.
Too many choices! LOL
lol...there's always too many choices...that's what makes it fun.

The reason I got the Shield is because I wanted a thin, but not ridiculously small carry weapon and everyone is raving about em. No one can even keep em in stock right now. Some of the subcompacts are just to wide to really conceal AND be comfortable.

I know Sig does make some smaller and cheaper models, but if you're going to get one, just spend the money and get one of the higher end models and you won't regret it. Just go to the store and hold one. The "Dark Elite" model is another really nice one very similar to the one I got.

Quote:
I just bought ammo for my own guns, should have bought some other calibers to resell later. I could have made a killing!
The .45ACP+P HP is over $2 a piece now!
That's what a lot of people were/are doing, but the market is coming back and now you see shitloads of people trying to unload ARs and the prices are dropping like flies because the market is flooded now.

As with ammo, yeah, it's still a nightmare. As I said, Walmart is the only one not price gouging and once in awhile, they have cases of Federal coming in, so if you get lucky, you can score big time.

Quote:
One trend I've noticed with pistol ammo is they're all going to steel and aluminum. Spear/CCI stopped making their BlazerBrass bullets. One of the finest brass casings around. I got 3 older pistols that can't eject just anything you put in them. When I heard CCi wasn't making the BlazerBrass anymore, I ordered 5000 rounds each for my calibers. Glad I did, because I just went to the online sites, and they got nothing of quality in bulk.
I know...sucks.

Quote:
It's not that big of concern for me. since I'm going to replace it with a M&P, or a Sig in .45ACP (maybe). There is a Master Gunsmith in town that has experience with Springfield's, so I can go that way.
Like yours, my XDM has about 4000 rounds through it. Still shoots great, but now and then that Magazine tang gives me some heart ache!
That's good....a good GS is hard to find and good to have. Luckily, I have a good one about 5 minutes away. He's also my FFL guy, so he really takes care of me and has great prices on work and transfers.

Quote:
One thing about Sig. I bought their Mosquito when it first came out.
If you look at their site, they don't service this gun at all.
they don't even supply any parts for it!
That's odd. I've heard nothing but good thing about their customer service, but that was one of their cheaper production models, so maybe they just abandoned it. Who knows...
Blackhawk067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #52
Blackhawk067
Porpoise Eradicator

Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100 Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100 Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryowen View Post
Looks like no thin barrels in anything except 1:12, all heavy barrels are 1:9, except some 16in 1:7 heavy barrels. Now for the old SP1, 16in, no idea, lol. Maybe Colt did some twist changes for 16in even back then, back to google.
Muahahahaha

2013-05-01 12.40.41.jpg
Blackhawk067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #53
KYPD
LiveLeaker

KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!KYPD is a forum GOD!!
Points: 36,518,611, Level: 100 Points: 36,518,611, Level: 100 Points: 36,518,611, Level: 100
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

That tool will NEVER let you down.
KYPD is offline   Reply With Quote