Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Europe

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #31
Sportster
Incontenant LiveLeaker

Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!
Points: 194,411,871, Level: 100 Points: 194,411,871, Level: 100 Points: 194,411,871, Level: 100
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8rm8e View Post
I called you Felicity. You are SUPPOSED to bite down hard on the homo-hook and take the frikkin bait.

I fail as a troll ... I can't even get a wheelchair bound (I assume your legs are bung) numpty (not-even-humpty) to chew the meat and bones of reality.

Sorry Sportster ... I'm about 40 minutes away from the skills required to totally make you cry like a little blonde girl in a red dress on a railway track.
Bless you, my son
Old 02-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #32
l8rm8e
LiveLeaker

l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!
Points: 598,328,802, Level: 100 Points: 598,328,802, Level: 100 Points: 598,328,802, Level: 100
Activity: 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbuk3 View Post
I was talking in terms of saveings obviously.
But if you want to derail this thread with pointless trolling I guess fig wont mind.
As for your content .. its you.
I was taking the piss earlier TB3 .... but both solar and wind energy have been demonstrated to be more cost effective than majority alternatives (gas, coal, nuclear). Once you factor in "equipment life" spanned free energy sources are easily way cheaper.

It just takes an appreciation for the effort gone into current energy sources to appreciate the effort required for ANY energy resource.
l8rm8e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #33
jarradave
LiveLeaker

jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!jarradave is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,624,357, Level: 100 Points: 2,624,357, Level: 100 Points: 2,624,357, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
In regards to solar panels and since 2006 it's mandatory in Spain to put solar panels that cover hot water needs on new and renovated buildings. It's part of the new building standards which also include better insulation, etc.
I think that was a good move as it reduces bills and emissions with marginal increases in building costs.
It baffles me why all countries with favourable climates dont make this mandatory along with a minimum square meterage instalation of PV cells. As you say the increace to building costs is marginal and the stimulus to the green energy market in regard to the manufacture and development of PV cells would be massive.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #34
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarradave View Post
It baffles me why all countries with favourable climates dont make this mandatory along with a minimum square meterage instalation of PV cells. As you say the increace to building costs is marginal and the stimulus to the green energy market in regard to the manufacture and development of PV cells would be massive.
Totally agree. Probably because the bastards would lose tax revenue. Same reason why more of these policies aren't implemented here in other fields.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
Tinbuk3
You can all go to LL.

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 878,877,546, Level: 100 Points: 878,877,546, Level: 100 Points: 878,877,546, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8rm8e View Post
I was taking the piss earlier TB3 .... but both solar and wind energy have been demonstrated to be more cost effective than majority alternatives (gas, coal, nuclear). Once you factor in "equipment life" spanned free energy sources are easily way cheaper.

It just takes an appreciation for the effort gone into current energy sources to appreciate the effort required for ANY energy resource.

I'm all for alternative energy.
If the tech is draining the economy because wind will not always cooperate then obviously it is only a bench mark that has been set here not a break through.
We have wind power here but for individual homes.
The cost saving is good at first but the cost of maintenance soon offsets it to cost more in the long run not less.
Battery's pile up at land fills because it cost more to recycle them and at this juncture and I point out recycling cost more than building a new battery in china.
The material to build one is new tech but more expensive and breaks down the same as the old.
Those lighter new materials can not be recycled and sit in land fills far longer that the old.
What is is costing in environment?
Then there is scale of this to consider.
I thought at one the SST was a great idea .. what happened to that?
I can be sold to a point on an idea but pushing it on a large scale that isnt economical is not proof .. it is selling an idea to make money that will only cost more in the long term.
People need to consider what they are buying into other than the word of manufactures trying to make money.
And at this point that is all it is.