Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > In Memoriam > In Memoriam - Family and Friends

Old 07-02-2011, 02:58 AM  
Annette
Bologna_Skins Bologna_Skins is offline 07-02-2011, 02:58 AM

Sister to eight
Mother of three
Wife to a doting Dad for 49 years this past June 16th

Finally released from the torture of incurable illness June 30th, 2011, 11:55pm at 70 years of age. She was discharged from the hospital and brought home around 6pm, and spent the last 30 hours of her life in the care of her family. We sat and talked to her, unsure of how much she was hearing, but it helped ease the finality of her life for us. As the night wore on, it became painfully aware that time was fast running out. My father, had gone to bed, my brother and sister had laid down for a nap and I knew what was coming. I held her hand and whispered into her ear that we were all going to be okay, that we all loved her and that it was time to let go of this mortal coil and stop hurting. I knew the end was just minutes away and I knew I was going to need a drink or fifty after she died, so I took a 10 minute drive to the store. Upon my return, my sister came running out of the house yelling that she was taking her last breaths.

She was surrounded by her husband and children when her last breath left her body. After the hospice group was notified of her passing, I sat down on the bed and pulled her onto my lap and cradled her body and stroked her hair until they came to collect her. The pain shared by her family when she died was crushing, but the pain shared watching her suffer and wither made that a relief. For her siblings (who were all raised Catholic), there is the comfort of knowing that she received the last rights from a priest and was anointed with oil, which occurred during one of her last moments of lucidity and brought on her last smile.

A kinder, more loving and more giving person never have I met, and likely never will. A better mother, wife and friend never could be had. The world is now worse off in her absence.

The staff at the Mid-Michigan Regional Hospital of Midland, their hospice group and their home care nurses, and the Michigan Cremation Society were absolutely dedicated and professional organizations to work with during these hardest of times for my family and I find it appropriate and necessary to mention them as they really made a devastating period for my family a lot easier to deal with. Everything from transportation to counselling on document/benefit filing to providing equipment and drugs was handled in a manner I could only describe as amazing.

As some of you are well aware, she had been ailing for quite a long time and I have mentioned it a number of times here on LiveLeak. At this time I would like to express my personal thanks and gratitude to those of you that have reached out and offered advice, well wishes, support in the rep comments and even prayers which, to her, would have been greatly appreciated.

Goodbye, Mom. You were the best. Period.

Edit: Will add a couple photos after we scan some tomorrow.
"well since im a Crack head alchoholic I cant Count and i dont have a 5th grade education.. SO being drunk right now I cant comment in a coherent fashion.." ~ Dat1111, June 26, 2008 http://forums.liveleak.com/showpost.php?p=229218&postcount=12

Last edited by Bologna_Skins; 07-02-2011 at 03:03 AM..

Bologna_Skins
You can call me Sugardick
Views: 9039
Old 07-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #81
sunrise60
bin there

sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!sunrise60 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,876,954,140, Level: 100 Points: 1,876,954,140, Level: 100 Points: 1,876,954,140, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Always that good thought for you and yours.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #82
papapang2007
Political Gangsta

papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!papapang2007 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 806,108,640, Level: 100 Points: 806,108,640, Level: 100 Points: 806,108,640, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Much love my brother.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #83
Yorkie
LiveLeaker

Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

My sincere condolences.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #84
Smudgen
:)
Hexxagon Champion

Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Always tough to read Bolo.
Smudgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #85
radgy
LiveLeaker

radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!radgy is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,287,390,476, Level: 100 Points: 1,287,390,476, Level: 100 Points: 1,287,390,476, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bologna_Skins View Post
Sister to eight
Mother of three
Wife to a doting Dad for 49 years this past June 16th

Finally released from the torture of incurable illness June 30th, 2011, 11:55pm at 70 years of age. She was discharged from the hospital and brought home around 6pm, and spent the last 30 hours of her life in the care of her family. We sat and talked to her, unsure of how much she was hearing, but it helped ease the finality of her life for us. As the night wore on, it became painfully aware that time was fast running out. My father, had gone to bed, my brother and sister had laid down for a nap and I knew what was coming. I held her hand and whispered into her ear that we were all going to be okay, that we all loved her and that it was time to let go of this mortal coil and stop hurting. I knew the end was just minutes away and I knew I was going to need a drink or fifty after she died, so I took a 10 minute drive to the store. Upon my return, my sister came running out of the house yelling that she was taking her last breaths.

She was surrounded by her husband and children when her last breath left her body. After the hospice group was notified of her passing, I sat down on the bed and pulled her onto my lap and cradled her body and stroked her hair until they came to collect her. The pain shared by her family when she died was crushing, but the pain shared watching her suffer and wither made that a relief. For her siblings (who were all raised Catholic), there is the comfort of knowing that she received the last rights from a priest and was anointed with oil, which occurred during one of her last moments of lucidity and brought on her last smile.

A kinder, more loving and more giving person never have I met, and likely never will. A better mother, wife and friend never could be had. The world is now worse off in her absence.

The staff at the Mid-Michigan Regional Hospital of Midland, their hospice group and their home care nurses, and the Michigan Cremation Society were absolutely dedicated and professional organizations to work with during these hardest of times for my family and I find it appropriate and necessary to mention them as they really made a devastating period for my family a lot easier to deal with. Everything from transportation to counselling on document/benefit filing to providing equipment and drugs was handled in a manner I could only describe as amazing.

As some of you are well aware, she had been ailing for quite a long time and I have mentioned it a number of times here on LiveLeak. At this time I would like to express my personal thanks and gratitude to those of you that have reached out and offered advice, well wishes, support in the rep comments and even prayers which, to her, would have been greatly appreciated.

Goodbye, Mom. You were the best. Period.

Edit: Will add a couple photos after we scan some tomorrow.

its never easy buddy...even when we know its best for them...my condolences