Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Old 12-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #21
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Possibly.

You say that survival, I take that as self survival, is an objective moral tenet, yet if we look at nature and even man, we see us and other animals give up their lives for their offspring.

I think that refutes your claim to an objective and always correct moral tenet.

Would you die for your offspring and ignore your self-survival?

Regards
DL
Definitely.

Yes. Indeed. The survival of the breed and species supercedes the survival of the individual.

I disagree, as it is both and and not either or at all. Survival is always an objective moral tenet.

Yes, if necessary.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 12-06-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #22
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Default I am anti-Tyranny.

Quote:
I agree, yet religions are used to force behavior, so theists must think it good as they comply even where not required to do so out of fear.

Regards
DL
Which "theists"?
Fear of what or when not so required?
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 12-06-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #23
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Default I am anti-Tyranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandadrops View Post
So there is an objective need for honor killings to take place in some cultures?
Or is it the subjective opinion of some men that the behavior of some of their female relatives are damaging their family's honor?

Again the people honor killing their daughter think they are doing it because of a lack of morals on the daughter's part. Why is it that it is just certain cultures that do this if morals isd an objective thing. If it were honor killings should be a normal part of everyday life all over the world regardless of culture and religion.

Religion and objective truth are mutually exclusive. That is to say, you can either base your understanding of this world on empirical truth or you can base it on believing myth and superstition.

If you are trying to say that religious belief is based on facts you are hereby invited to document this claim.
To answer your questions in order:

No.
Yes.

Indeed, those morals are subjective and immoral from the point of view of objective facts and truth vs any false opinions and superstitions posing as religion.

Not necessarily. Cosmotheism is a religion that is based upon both objective truth and the morality of survival.
Not upon any myth and or any superstition.

Cosmic and Biological Evolution is both the scientific and empirical basis of the religion of Cosmotheism.
Are you questioning the heavily documented scientific facts of both the Cosmic and of our own Biological Evolution?
On what empirical basis?
Curious.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 12-06-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #24
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
Definitely.

Yes. Indeed. The survival of the breed and species supercedes the survival of the individual.

I disagree, as it is both and and not either or at all. Survival is always an objective moral tenet.

Yes, if necessary.
Our instincts do not look to have our species survive. Just individuals.

Instincts live in individuals and we have no group instinct.

If you think we do, where is it?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #25
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100

Quote:
Which "theists"?
Fear of what or when not so required?
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
All theists follow a creed that demand certain actions.

fear mostly of death or being ostracized by the tribe.

Regards
DL
Old 12-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #26
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Default Wrong again and you only contradicted yourself.

Quote:
Our instincts do not look to have our species survive. Just individuals.

Instincts live in individuals and we have no group instinct.

If you think we do, where is it?

Regards
DL
Our instincts are to survive both as individuals and as a group, ie. our children and family.
That extrapolates towards the tribe and nation and is also to our own breed and species.
It is instinctive within us just as it is within all life.
Clearly you don't understand life nor have any children yourself.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 12-07-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #27
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Default So what?

Quote:
All theists follow a creed that demand certain actions.

fear mostly of death or being ostracized by the tribe.

Regards
DL
So what?
Those are not exclusive attributes to just "theists".
Do you have any real point?
If so, please do make one.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 12-07-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #28
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Our instincts are to survive both as individuals and as a group, ie. our children and family.
That extrapolates towards the tribe and nation and is also to our own breed and species.
It is instinctive within us just as it is within all life.
Clearly you don't understand life nor have any children yourself.
4 boys, all with individual instincts.

Sure, we are all altruistic, but that is not taken to the point of dying for non-blood relatives.

Regards
DL
Old 12-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #29
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Default "Individual" instincts?

Quote:
4 boys, all with individual instincts.

Sure, we are all altruistic, but that is not taken to the point of dying for non-blood relatives.

Regards
DL
How so?

From a store or from nature and from their own dna all within themselves?

That is just a contradiction, as that is what "having altruism" actually means,
extending it beyond just family to include tribe, nation, breed, and the species.
Selflessness not selfishness.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 12-09-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #30
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
How so?

From a store or from nature and from their own dna all within themselves?

That is just a contradiction, as that is what "having altruism" actually means,
extending it beyond just family to include tribe, nation, breed, and the species.
Selflessness not selfishness.
How so what?

All DNA is different thanks to damage from sub-atomic particles. The stores do not yet have it on the shelves.

Our selfish gene is our predominant gene. At allows for profitable altruism but not altruism to the point of known death.

Regards
DL