Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Science

Old 05-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #11
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
You guys are missing the point.
The question simply put:
Was there an advanced civilization on Earth long before humans?
The answer:
With the continuous 'recycling' of plate tectonics, we may never know, since any direct evidence is now long gone.

So what's left? Very indirect evidence, that is extrapolated to address the question, but doesn't prove or disprove the hypothesis in any manner.
I would have to image if they were advanced as us or more. They would have looked to the moon as we did and launched a rocket toward it and much as we did leave something behind.

IMO though I'm not sure their has ben a enough time, our rapid advancement in technology was largely because of fossil fuels. Which I'm no expert on but from my understanding were formed by vast amounts of decaying organic matter over hundreds of millions of years.

therefore since the Earth itself took time to cool enough to form a stable crust and then oceans before any micro organism could form into macro organisms. Which then went through a long process of development to the point of flourishing. It took hundreds of millions of year worth of living organism to lay the ground work for the ecosystem to become efficient enough be considered prosperous. Once it was to that point it would have taken hundreds of millions of more year to produce enough vegetation to have created enough organic material to decay into the fossil fuel reserves we now have. It would seem to me without the use of those fossil fuels as an energy source for their development it would have made technological advancement extremely impossible. Not to mention the other key to civilization, farming of vegetation and domesticating of animals. Most foods we eat have been developed over millennia to the point at which we know them now. While geological evidence could have been destroyed the evidence in life would probably still have existed. but we found that many area of the planet were without domestic animals. Wolves were still wolves. Horses and cow were still very limited in their variety goats, pigs and sheep seem to have only recently been brought under the control of fences.

If there was another more advanced species that existed and died out it would have had to have existed in a way much different than ours, which is not out of the question. The evidence though would probably still be on the moon if they were that advanced.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~

Last edited by SHUTUPANDTHINK; 05-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #12
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default The evidence would best be found there if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK View Post
I would have to image if they were advanced as us or more. They would have looked to the moon as we did and launched a rocket toward it and much as we did leave something behind.

IMO though I'm not sure their has ben a enough time, our rapid advancement in technology was largely because of fossil fuels. Which I'm no expert on but from my understanding were formed by vast amounts of decaying organic matter over hundreds of millions of years.

therefore since the Earth itself took time to cool enough to form a stable crust and then oceans before any micro organism could form into macro organisms. Which then went through a long process of development to the point of flourishing. It took hundreds of millions of year worth of living organism to lay the ground work for the ecosystem to become efficient enough be considered prosperous. Once it was to that point it would have taken hundreds of millions of more year to produce enough vegetation to have created enough organic material to decay into the fossil fuel reserves we now have. It would seem to me without the use of those fossil fuels as an energy source for their development it would have made technological advancement extremely impossible. Not to mention the other key to civilization, farming of vegetation and domesticating of animals. Most foods we eat have been developed over millennia to the point at which we know them now. While geological evidence could have been destroyed the evidence in life would probably still have existed. but we found that many area of the planet were without domestic animals. Wolves were still wolves. Horses and cow were still very limited in their variety goats, pigs and sheep seem to have only recently been brought under the control of fences.

If there was another more advanced species that existed and died out it would have had to have existed in a way much different than ours, which is not out of the question. The evidence though would probably still be on the moon if they were that advanced.
I do agree.
The evidence would best be found there on the moon or if at all.
Why?
Impact craters have barely eroded in many millions of years there.
If they ever had visited the Earth they most likely would have also
visited the moon as well.
The question for now is all just pure scientific speculation and it is
all still without any hard evidence, whatsoever.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 05-03-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:20 PM   #13
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:

your making anthropomorphic assumptions.
We cannot make a species specific analog.
To-wit...any archaic intelligent technological life does not have to be "Homo" in origin, or bounded by our 'science'.
Either way, Sol will be around for another 4 to 6 billion years more.
And during that time Mother Earth will turn herself over many many times.
So....just as we cannot know what came before,
we cannot know what comes after.

The great tragedy is to our own vanity and arrogance.
For we cannot know what came before, or what comes after.
Any metaphysics, theology, Humanism must be closed within itself.
And fall, as we go extinct.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:44 AM   #14
htos1
Htos1 Since 1984

htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!htos1 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 30,691,692, Level: 100 Points: 30,691,692, Level: 100 Points: 30,691,692, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Hard to say with 95% of history forgotten or distorted. And if there's ever a single fragment of something not a space rock anywhere in the solar system, ever found, all bets are off.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:59 AM   #15
the demon
Smiley Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

We evolved from primates who came down from the trees as the climate and their habitat changed, they then evolved to walk bipedal . Everything has evolved throughout our existence and will continue to evolve. What intrigues me the most is what happens to human evolution from now. The biggest challenge is not destroying ourselves.

But as for the OP. I just don't think so. They have fossils by the thousands of what lifeforms existed through all of Earth's history. Even down to geographic locations of the continents and it's probable plates, to the sediments and ground shift. There is a great Paleontology website, i'll try and find it. It has everything.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #16
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
your making anthropomorphic assumptions.
We cannot make a species specific analog.
To-wit...any archaic intelligent technological life does not have to be "Homo" in origin, or bounded by our 'science'.
Either way, Sol will be around for another 4 to 6 billion years more.
And during that time Mother Earth will turn herself over many many times.
So....just as we cannot know what came before,
we cannot know what comes after.

The great tragedy is to our own vanity and arrogance.
For we cannot know what came before, or what comes after.
Any metaphysics, theology, Humanism must be closed within itself.
And fall, as we go extinct.
Well if your simply asking than if there is a any type of advanced civilizations in regards to any type of social structure not necessarily a type that uses natural material to make un-natural technology than I would say, look no further than insects. Every yard has advanced societies in their soil. Ants have a quite advanced social structure and are vastly more efficient and harmonic with both each other and their habitat. Its entirely possible that they understand the universe on a entirely different level and know things we can never understand. Their shape and size though make it impossible to get beyond that level.

As for the possibility of non Human forms of life being just as if not more advanced is not only possible but realistic. In fact I would think that the other intelligent life forms out there in the Universe most certainly do not look humanoid. Why would they, almost nothing living on our own planet looks like us, why would life from a different planet look like us. That being said, it's not unrealistic to believe that our shape has lead to our superiority on this planet. The hand allows our brain to put thoughts into action in a way a paw or fin or tentacle never could.

Then of course I'm using a human brain formed on Earth, my understanding of how things work is always going to be formed based on my limited knowledge of how things can be done elsewhere... as for the essence of humanity dying out with us, I disagree I think we are merely a part of the universe and our essence is in the building blocks of all existence.

Why exist at all if not to attempt to understand existing?

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #17
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Of course!

Quote:
Well if your simply asking than if there is a any type of advanced civilizations in regards to any type of social structure not necessarily a type that uses natural material to make un-natural technology than I would say, look no further than insects. Every yard has advanced societies in their soil. Ants have a quite advanced social structure and are vastly more efficient and harmonic with both each other and their habitat. Its entirely possible that they understand the universe on a entirely different level and know things we can never understand. Their shape and size though make it impossible to get beyond that level.

As for the possibility of non Human forms of life being just as if not more advanced is not only possible but realistic. In fact I would think that the other intelligent life forms out there in the Universe most certainly do not look humanoid. Why would they, almost nothing living on our own planet looks like us, why would life from a different planet look like us. That being said, it's not unrealistic to believe that our shape has lead to our superiority on this planet. The hand allows our brain to put thoughts into action in a way a paw or fin or tentacle never could.

Then of course I'm using a human brain formed on Earth, my understanding of how things work is always going to be formed based on my limited knowledge of how things can be done elsewhere... as for the essence of humanity dying out with us, I disagree I think we are merely a part of the universe and our essence is in the building blocks of all existence.

Why exist at all if not to attempt to understand existing?
Good answer!
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote