Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Rest of The World

Old 05-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
bran
bran is GOOD for you!!!!

bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Default Kevin Myers.

by Kevin Myers
Kevin Myers (born 30 March 1947) is an Irish journalist and writer. He writes for the Irish edition of the Sunday Times, having previously been a columnist for the Irish Independent and a former contributor to The Irish Times, where he wrote the “An Irishman’s Diary” opinion column several times weekly. Until 2005, he wrote for the UK Sunday Telegraph.
His articles criticise left-wing opinion and the “liberal consensus”, sometimes incorporating hyperbole,sarcasm and parody.This essay recently appeared in The Irish Independent:
Somalia is not a humanitarian disaster; it is an evolutionary disaster. The current drought is not the worst in 50 years, as the BBC and all the aid organisations claim. It is nothing compared to the droughts in 1960/61 or 73/74. And there are continuing droughts every 5 years or so. It’s just that there are now four times the population; having been kept alive by famine
relief, supplied by aid organisations, over the past 50 years. So, of course, the effects of any drought now, is a famine. They cannot even feed themselves in a normal rainfall year.
Worst yet, the effects of these droughts, and poor nutrition in the first 3 years of the a child’s life, have a lasting effect on the development of the infant brain, so that if they survive, they will never achieve a normal IQ . Consequently, they are selectively breeding a population, who cannot be educated , let alone one that is not being educated; a recipe for disaster
We are seeing this impact now, and it can only exacerbate, to the detriment of their neighbours, and their environment as well. This scenario can only end in an even worse disaster; with even worse suffering, for those benighted people, and their descendants. Eventually, some mechanism will intervene, be it war, disease or starvation.
So what do we do? Let them starve? What a dilemma for our Judeo/ Christian/Islamic Ethos; as well as Hindu/Buddhist morality.
And this is beginning to happen in Kenya, Ethiopia, and other countries in Asia, like Pakistan. Is this the beginning of the end of civilisation?
AFRICA is giving nothing to anyone outside Africa — apart from AIDS and new disease. Even as we see African states refusing to take action to restore something resembling civilisation in Zimbabwe, the Begging bowl for Ethiopia is being passed around to us out of Africa, yet again. It is nearly 25 years since the famous Feed The World campaign began in Ethiopia, and in that time
Ethiopia’s population has grown from 33.5 million to 78+ million today. So, why on earth should I do anything to encourage further catastrophic demographic growth in that country? Where is the logic? There is none.
To be sure, there are two things saying that logic doesn’t count. One is my conscience, and the other is the picture, yet again, of another wide-eyed child, yet again, gazing, yet again, at the camera, which yet again, captures the tragedy of children starving.
Sorry. My conscience has toured this territory on foot and financially. Unlike most of you, I have been to Ethiopia; like most of you, I have stumped up the loot to charities to stop starvation there. The wide-eyed boy-child we saved, 20 years or so ago, is now a low IQ, AK 47-bearing moron, siring children whenever the whim takes him, and blaming the world because he is uneducated, poor and left behind. There is no doubt a good argument why we should prolong this predatory and dysfunctional economic,
social and sexual system but I do not know what it is.
There is, on the other hand, every reason not to write a column like this. It will win no friends, and will provoke the self-righteous wrath of, well, the self-righteous, hand wringing, letter writing wrathful individuals, a species which never fails to contaminate almost every debate in Irish life with its sneers and its moral superiority. It will also probably enrage some of the finest men in Irish life, like John O’Shea, of Goal; and the Finucane brothers, men whom I admire enormously.
So be it.
But, please, please, you self-righteously wrathful, spare me mention of our own Irish Famine, with this or that lazy analogy.
There is no comparison. Within 20 years of the Famine, the Irish population was down by 30%. Over the equivalent period, thanks to Western food, the Mercedes 10-wheel truck and the Lockheed Hercules planes, Ethiopia’s population has more than doubled.
Alas, that wretched country is not alone in its madness. Somewhere, over the rainbow, lies Somalia, another fine land of violent, AK 47-toting, khat-chewing, girl-circumcising, permanently tumescent layabouts, and housing pirates of the ocean. Indeed, we now have almost an entire continent of sexually hyperactive, illiterate indigents, with tens of millions of people who only survive because of help from the outside world or allowances by the semi-communist Governments they voted for, money supplied by lending it from the World Bank!
This dependency has not stimulated political prudence or commonsense. Indeed, voodoo idiocy seems to be in the ascendant, with the president of South Africa being a firm believer in the efficacy of a little tap water on the post-coital penis as a sure preventative against AIDS infection. Needless to say, poverty, hunger and societal meltdown have not prevented idiotic wars involving Tigre, Uganda, Congo, Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea etcetera.
Broad brush-strokes, to be sure. But broad brush-strokes are often the way that history paints its gaudier, if more decisive, chapters. Japan, China, Russia, Korea, Poland, Germany, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia in the 20th century have endured
worse broad brush-strokes than almost any part of Africa. They are now — one way or another — virtually all giving aid to or investing in Africa, whereas Africa, with its vast savannahs and its lush pastures, is giving almost nothing to anyone, apart from AIDS.
Meanwhile, Africa’s peoples are outstripping their resources, and causing catastrophic ecological degradation. By 2050, the population of Ethiopia will be 177 million; the equivalent of France, Germany and Benelux today, but located on the parched and increasingly Protein-free wastelands of the Great Rift Valley. So, how much sense does it make for us actively to increase the adult population of what is already a vastly over-populated, environmentally devastated and economically dependent country?
How much morality is there in saving an Ethiopian child from starvation today, for it to survive to a life of brutal circumcision,
poverty, hunger, violence and sexual abuse, resulting in another half-dozen such wide-eyed children, with comparably
jolly little lives ahead of them. Of course, it might make you feel better, which is a prime reason for so much charity!
But that is not good enough. For self-serving generosity has been one of the curses of Africa. It has sustained political systems
which would otherwise have collapsed. It prolonged the Eritrean-Ethiopian war by nearly a decade. It is inspiring Bill Gates’ programme to rid the continent of malaria, when, in the almost complete absence of personal self-discipline, that disease
is one of the most efficacious forms of population-control now operating. If his programme is successful, tens of millions of children who would otherwise have died in infancy will survive to adulthood, he boasts.
Oh good: then what? I know, let them all come here (to Ireland) or America. (not forgetting Australia!)
Yes, that’s an idea.
"don't do a vietnam on us drone, stand and fight !"
!
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
bran
bran is GOOD for you!!!!

bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100

Kevin Myers: Harsh as they were, my views on Africa had to be expressed

July 25 2008

Last Friday week, with famine approaching yet again, I wondered about the wisdom of forking out yet more aid to Ethiopia.

Since the great famine of the mid-1980s, Ethiopia's population has soared from 33.5 million to 78 million. Now, I do not write civil service reports for the United Nations: I write a newspaper column, and I was deliberately strong in my use of language — as indeed I had been when writing reports from Ethiopia at the height of that terrible famine.
Since dear old Ireland can often enough resemble Lynch Mob Central on PC issues, I braced myself for the worst: and sure enough, in poured the emails. Three hundred on the first day, soon reaching over 800: but, amazingly, 90%+ were in my support, and mostly from baffled, decent and worried people. The minority who attacked me were risibly predictable, expressing themselves with a vindictive and uninquiring moral superiority. (Why do so many of those who purport to love mankind actually hate people so?)
We did more in Ethiopia a quarter of a century ago than just rescue children from terrible death through starvation: we also saved an evil, misogynistic and dysfunctional social system. Presuming that half the existing population (say, 17 million) of the mid-1980s is now dead through non-famine causes, the total added population from that time is some 60 million, around half of them female.
That is, Ethiopia has effectively gained the entire population of the United Kingdom since the famine. But at least 80% of Ethiopian girls are circumcised, meaning that no less than 24 million girls suffered this fate, usually without anaesthetics or antiseptic. The UN estimates that 12% of girls die through septicaemia, spinal convulsions, trauma and blood-loss after circumcision which probably means that around three million little Ethiopian girls have been butchered since the famine — roughly the same as the number of Jewish women who died in the Holocaust.
So what is the moral justification for saving a baby from death through hunger, in order to give her an even more agonising, almost sacrificial, death aged eight or 13? The practice could have been stamped out, with sufficient political will, as sutti in India once was. And the feminists of the West would never have allowed such unconditional aid to be given to such a wicked and brutal society if it had been run by white men.
But, instead, the state was run by black males, for whom a special race-and-gender dispensation apparently applies: thus the two most politically incorrect sins of our age — sexism and racism — by some mysterious moral process, akin to the mathematics of the double-negative, annul one another, and produce an unquestioned positive virtue, called Ethiopia. I am not innocent in all this. People here remained in ignorance of the reality of Africa because of cowardly journalists like me. When I went to Ethiopia just over 20 years ago, I saw many things I never reported — such as the menacing effect of gangs of young men with Kalashnikovs everywhere, while women did all the work. In the very middle of starvation and death, men spent their time drinking the local hooch in the boonabate shebeens.
Alongside the boonabates were shanty-brothels, to which drinkers would casually repair, to briefly relieve themselves in the scarred orifice of some wretched prostitute (whom God preserve and protect).
I saw all this and did not report it, nor the anger of the Irish aid workers at the sexual incontinence and fecklessness of Ethiopian men. Why? Because I wanted to write much-acclaimed, tear-jerkingly purple prose about wide-eyed, fly-infested children — not cold, unpopular and even ‘racist’ accusations about African male culpability.
Am I able to rebut good and honourable people like John O'Shea, who are now warning us that once again, we must feed the starving Ethiopian children?
No, of course I'm not. But I am lost in awe at the dreadful options open to us. This is the greatest moral quandary facing the world. We cannot allow the starving children of Ethiopia to die. Yet the wide-eyed children of 1984-86, who were saved by western medicines and foodstuffs, helped begin the greatest population explosion in human history, which will bring Ethiopia's population to 170 million by 2050. By that time, Nigeria's population will be 340 million, (up from just 19 million in 1930). The same is true over much of Africa.
Thus we are heading towards a demographic holocaust, with a potential premature loss of life far exceeding that of all the wars of the 20th century. This terrible truth cannot be ignored.
But back in Ireland, there are sanctimonious ginger-groups, which yearn to prevent discussion, and even to imprison those of us who try, however imperfectly, to expose the truth about Africa.
Belfast Telegraph
!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #3
dan123
Arse

dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!dan123 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,085,279,207, Level: 100 Points: 2,085,279,207, Level: 100 Points: 2,085,279,207, Level: 100
Activity: 45%
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%

It’s a fair point.... Not a tasteful one, but a fair one. A certain area of land can only sustain so much life, especially human life, we’re not exactly efficient creatures these days.

" I think me and Thrush might need to have a sexy off to see who's on top"
Modus

"Idiocy knows now bounds..." - Dat
dan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #4
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

He's right. It's bad enough to turn one's own citizens into the detritus of a welfare state but to turn entire nations into nothing more than global welfare recipients is cruel.

The whole point of the original Peace Corps mission was to teach a man to fish, not give him the fishes. Turns out, a man with no sexual continence and lots of misogyny, is going to make the women fish until there aren't any more fishes and then just shrugs it off as if it was totally unpreventable.

I have long argued that talking about the value of human life is a curious concept because most who do so, believe the value is always priceless. It's not. A child in a developed, civilized nation will have had one million dollars invested in him by the age of 18. An 18 year old in most developed nations is literate, can do math, obey traffic laws, understand complex societal structures etc. It is not surprising that the only people who repeatedly fail at these basic tasks in developed nations, are the ones who come from the most impoverished and welfare dependent areas. Why would we respect a better result from entire nations?

The one argument I'd make with the author of the article is this.....those nations, Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia are naturally capable of feeding the inhabitants of the country even at the high rate of reproduction they have. The problem isn't the drought or the population. The problem is the inability to learn and implement complex farming practices, governments that are steeped in tribalism and favoritism, economies based on sex, bribes, neopotism and revenge. The education in those areas is also limited and fraught with education that can be more like disinformation than education. The best thing to do for those countries is leave them alone so that leaders who actually want to improve the situation rather than beg from the IMF can rise to the top.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #5
bran
bran is GOOD for you!!!!

Its stuff pretty much everyone here would know. Most people wouldnt know this..they wouldnt get this from almost all mainstream media..this bloke got sacked for talking about Jews/Israel..i didnt look at what he wrote..he could be a nutter..but on Africa?..Spot on.
!
Old 05-10-2018, 11:12 PM   #6
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
Its stuff pretty much everyone here would know. Most people wouldnt know this..they wouldnt get this from almost all mainstream media..this bloke got sacked for talking about Jews/Israel..i didnt look at what he wrote..he could be a nutter..but on Africa?..Spot on.
In the recent media climate, any dissent puts a reporter or pundit into the "nutter" category. I guess we're going to have to use our own brains to distinguish between who is making sense and who isn't.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:11 AM   #7
Tinbuk3
moot scoot'n boogie

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

A population of desperate poor .. only one reason to keep them around.
Cheap labor, prostitution and canon fodder.
The wealthy are funny that way.
In a fucked up sick not so fun kind of way.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #8
TheEngineer
Resignation Superman

TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,524,982, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,524,982, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,524,982, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

It is so nice being born into a first world country ... except for the Mormons, white people are barely having kids ... perhaps they can't afford more kids so they can autopay "just 30 cents a day" Mamoudo in some wartorn shithole ... or maybe they "sponsor" a whole family to make them feel just that little bit better about having such extravagances as running water and an abundance of food ... not to mention the Lexus, latest iPhone and that pesky Hello Fresh delivery ...

Every-time I get involved in a charity or volunteerism, I come away bitter and annoyed with the people I (we) are trying to help ... I have experience in Haiti ... ya can't fix stupid ...
TheEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote