Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Firearms

Old 03-23-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Default Reloading

For all those that reload or would like to know how. All knowledge is welcome.

I'm rather new to reloading, it's only been a few years now, up to now it has just been one caliber (.303 British) with a Lee hand loader, which is great because it only neck sizes. I have just recently got my first press, a RCBS Rock Chucker. I have not had the chance to use it yet because the first caliber I want to reload for is 7.5 X 55 Swiss. I need to get a set of dies and a book with 7.5 X 55 loading data. I look forward to feeding my K-31 with home cooked brass and copper.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100

Evolution of the Bullet.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
Guvnor
LiveLeaker

Guvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK View Post
Evolution of the Bullet.

Speaking of reloading, I see youre in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. Did they ever get around to the ammo microstamping there? It did pass right?
Guvnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #4
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvnor View Post
Speaking of reloading, I see youre in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. Did they ever get around to the ammo microstamping there? It did pass right?
My understanding is that it is suppose to start in 2010, but there is doubt it is possible. Apparently they want to laser etch the firing pin and the bolt face or chamber on new semi-autos so it will leave the firearm's serial number on the brass and primer. The problem being brass can be collected at a firing range and then planted at a crime scene, plus it cost's a lot of money. I hate California gun policies.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Guvnor
LiveLeaker

Guvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16

Quote:
My understanding is that it is suppose to start in 2010, but there is doubt it is possible. Apparently they want to laser etch the firing pin and the bolt face or chamber on new semi-autos so it will leave the firearm's serial number on the brass and primer. The problem being brass can be collected at a firing range and then planted at a crime scene, plus it cost's a lot of money. I hate California gun policies.
Not to mention you can swap out the firing pin, and size and cost of this is just enormous and apparently the technology is extremely unreliable. We have a system here in MD where an expended shell casing is sent to the state police. However, the cost is so high to run the system every shell casing just sits in a huge room, never entered into any system. The law has been this way for years, and only helped solve one murder. Anyway, it looks like things may start to get worse in CA. Apparently those officers in Oakland were shot with an Ak-47. I read this outrageous article a little bit earlier http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAVF16LQ9U.DTL
Guvnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

Quote:
Not to mention you can swap out the firing pin, and size and cost of this is just enormous and apparently the technology is extremely unreliable. We have a system here in MD where an expended shell casing is sent to the state police. However, the cost is so high to run the system every shell casing just sits in a huge room, never entered into any system. The law has been this way for years, and only helped solve one murder. Anyway, it looks like things may start to get worse in CA. Apparently those officers in Oakland were shot with an Ak-47. I read this outrageous article a little bit earlier http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAVF16LQ9U.DTL
Yeah I heard about those cops, RIP. I heard he used 2 different guns, one at the initial traffic stop and then another at the apartment complex he was hiding at. When are politicians going to wake up and see no amount of laws are going to stop criminals from getting weapons, simply because they are willing to break the law. The real problem in this situation is that he was released from incarceration and allowed to roam free, probably because of the prison overpopulation in this state caused mostly by petty drug charges.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:17 AM   #7
HK13
Because I can

HK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balanceHK13 is in the balance
Exclamation

Quote:
Missouri dam sure passed it.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
ubdumb
CHANGE the CHANGE

ubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeakerubdumb is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 20,675, Level: 20 Points: 20,675, Level: 20 Points: 20,675, Level: 20

Quote:
I see many problems with the law also but you have to remember if these people actually new anything about weapons or had fired a few firearms then they would be on our side of the issue.
There is a law being offered in some states I think this is the one you are talking about something about the ammo being etched with identifying marks that would identify the owner even before firing. Wasn't that interested in it. It did state that all non etched ammo would have to be destroyed by 2011.
I am not nor have I been a criminal but I have stock piled reloading componets and powder as well as primers. I now have dies and componets for all my rifles and handguns.
I have even stocked up on shotgun ammo.
Maybe this to shall fade away but there is talk about an assault weapons ban.
With all this talk now maybe gun owners even those that are life long democrats will wake up and we will replace these anti-gun politicians soon.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
symphonyofdestruction
LL Belle

symphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeakersymphonyofdestruction is a popular LiveLeaker
Default reloaders read this

http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/treaties/a-63.html

I know it's lengthy but I think it is important to see how the goverment is backdooring here.

Keep your powder dry guys.

symphonyofdestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 AM   #10
faurkbeans
Face-Ripper Monkey

faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!
Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK13 View Post
Missouri dam sure passed it.
Your joking right?
faurkbeans is offline   Reply With Quote