Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Firearms

Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #21
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryowen View Post
Good to mention the trim/length for him DJ. I could see old military brass stretching to excess and if you didn't do a complete sizing stroke with a Rockchucker, that could make things dicey. Such as having to use just a tad bit more force to close the bolt on the old gal.
Of course, while not too much of an issue with a really strong well made bolt action, doing that with a semi auto that is in battery and a bolt not fully seated equals a blown up gun.
Military brass is notorius for stretching, always size and trim any case that has been fired even once.
Yep case length is very important on the K-31 as it is a straight bolt pull action. If the case is not trimmed correctly the bolt will not close all the wayand the locking lugs will not fully engage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driedjello View Post
It says nice things about your rifle, the K31 fully supports the case head and is much safer to fire with higher pressure loads.
Best Rifle I own. Built like a Swiss watch. smooth crisp trigger simple design accurate as the shooter.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100

Here is a YT vid that shows the K-31 in use, highly accurate

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #23
Phantom Fury
Teufel Hunden

Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!Phantom Fury is a forum GOD!!
Points: 51,236,131, Level: 100 Points: 51,236,131, Level: 100 Points: 51,236,131, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Probably the most accurate as-issued rifle of its time. Bores are almost always pristine due to the Swiss using non-corrosive ammunition. The barrel can be cleaned from the chamber end so you don't have to worry about fucking up the crown, like so many Garands that I've seen. Great rifles. I sold mine a few months ago.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #24
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

Thanks DJ Good stuff.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #25
driedjello
scrillamonga

driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!
Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK View Post
Thanks DJ Good stuff.
Anything for a fellow reloader!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #26
driedjello
scrillamonga

driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!
Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100

Quote:
Here is a YT vid that shows the K-31 in use, highly accurate
damn, that's righteous! People rely on optics waaaay to much these days.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #27
moefugger
Cygnus-X1

moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

My dad has done reloading for years.
I have shot hundreds of bullets of his.
No problems at all.
Are you planning on making the bullet as well?
Try making two flat pieces with a very short ball bullet.
Press in the two flat ones then the short ball bullet.
Or make a wad cutter and cut the thing into 3 pieces and press in the lower 2 pieces then the top will still press into the casing.
However you do it this will be devastating at close range and won't go through the walls and kill the neighbor if you miss.
moefugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #28
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

Quote:
Anything for a fellow reloader!
so, looks like some .308 and some H4895 nice. easier than I though.

Quote:
damn, that's righteous! People rely on optics waaaay to much these days.
Yep, I have actually been to that first range and shot at that target with My K-31. While I was not 6/6 like this guy at 420yds I was able to hit it 4/6 consistently. They also have a 125yd silhouette that I can place 6/6 no problem, even when firing in rapid succession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moefugger View Post
My dad has done reloading for years.
I have shot hundreds of bullets of his.
No problems at all.
Are you planning on making the bullet as well?
Try making two flat pieces with a very short ball bullet.
Press in the two flat ones then the short ball bullet.
Or make a wad cutter and cut the thing into 3 pieces and press in the lower 2 pieces then the top will still press into the casing.
However you do it this will be devastating at close range and won't go through the walls and kill the neighbor if you miss.
No don't plan on casting lead yet. Not a big fan of lead bullets I prefer copper jacketed. One day though I might. My grandpa used to cast bullets though. I still have some of his reloads.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #29
LostRothschild
LiveLeaker

LostRothschild On the road to addiction

Quote:

No don't plan on casting lead yet. Not a big fan of lead bullets I prefer copper jacketed. One day though I might. My grandpa used to cast bullets though. I still have some of his reloads.
I was the same way. I regret not picking up lead when I had the chance. It's getting harder and harder to find it with the lead wheel weights going out to pasture. I've started to collect at local ranges that allow it as part of their "berm therapy"
Cheers
LostRothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:55 PM   #30
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

Wow, it's been a long time since I started this thread. I just started back at reloading due in part to CA new gun/bullet laws that doesn't allow me to buy online and have shipped directly to me. So now I buy all the components online and have them ship directly to me. Anyways currently working on a couple loads for .45 auto and 9mm Lugar and probably some 30spl/357mag. Was out in the garage last night putting together some 185gr Gold Dot rounds for my next range trip. Working on making some nice personal defense rounds.

I have a few powders, I have yet to seat the bullets wondering if any of you use any combinations of the powders/ bullets I have, if so what loads? I have Four books so I have already researched their suggestions just wondering what other reloaders might be using.

Inventory; Unique, Power Pistol, Blue Dot, Red Dot.

I will be using CCI Large Pistol Primers in once fired Speer Brass, for the 185 GDHP.

I've also got some:
200gr LSWC Hornady, 230gr FMJ Sierra, 185gr Barnes, 185gr TMJ Speer, 230gr TMJ Speer and I think some 185gr HAP Hornady.

also have some Winchester Large Pistol Primers.