Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Political thought / philosophy

Old 12-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
fazzazz
Bassteroids Champion Japanese Baseball Champion Donkey Rocket Champion Ollie Skates Champion Crazy Cars Champion Crab Volleyball Champion MJ Baby Drop Champion Eskiv Champion 3D SuperBall Champion Capture The Flag Champion Classic Donkey Kong Champion Gary Golf Champion Watch Out Champion Cell-Out Champion Jason's Pong Champion flyplane Champion Shape Game Champion Arkanoid Champion Curveball Champion Helicopter Champion Target Champion

fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!fazzazz is a forum GOD!!
Points: 53,214,927, Level: 100 Points: 53,214,927, Level: 100 Points: 53,214,927, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
I agree. It's pretty simple minded to equate ignorance with religious belief.
And it's even more Ignorant to think an atheistic ideology is somehow more compatible with scientific advancement or an atheist themselves isn't just a ignorant religiously raised rebel throwing a temper tantrum a bit late in life.

So where's all the PhD's and astrophysicists and neurology surgeons coming from the "religion is ignorant" slogan chanters? Where all the scientific papers, advancements and discoveries coming from the supposed scientifically literate atheists who are so bothered by the ignorant religious people. If Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse is the best the scientific atheists can offer, it's pretty sloppy science and anyway, it has an agenda. The reality is, most scientists around the globe are not atheists and tend to practice their religion much more regularly than the average population.
Indeed, most scientists subscribe to the Church of Global Warming
fazzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #22
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzazz View Post
Indeed, most scientists subscribe to the Church of Global Warming
I don't think most scientists have said one way or another. I do know most scientists including climate scientists, aren't even close to the hysterics the envirowackos are. Seems to me, the more hysterical someone is about global warming, the less they know about the science.

But go ahead and keep telling yourself that the sun has no role in climate change and that CO2 is somehow bad for plants.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #23
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
Agreed.
I hate the way the term atheist has been hijacked by self serving youtube ignoramuses, I now refer to myself as godless heathen.
Isac Newton was deeply religious, Einstein himself sought to explain his theories in terms of a creator. Maybe they were dumb ignorant fools.
I personally know a catholic priest who can speak seven languages two of which are almost extinct. must be a fool.
WTF do I care if they have a different belief system than myself. I'm secure enough that I don't need to attempt to convince anyone that I'm right and you are WRONG!
ROFLMAO @ godless heathen.

I don't really care whether any individual I meet is religious or not. I just get sick of the false assumption that a religious person is anti-science or stupid. I've met many more atheist idiots in my life than religious idiots. I'll also give the religious people, idiots or not, this......they are less likely to be sexual creeps, drug users, alcoholics, wife and child abusers and tend to be much more active in volunteering for local charities and much more generous in donations to worthy causes. I have met few atheists that volunteer on a regular basis, regularly contribute to a charity or bother with most civic ceremonies. Now, other people's experience may differ, but I know when our local shelter needs someone to house a kid for emergency day care or take in a border or two free of charge, it's always someone connected with a church....and they're usually well educated with an upper middle class income and a stable family.

Our local dive bars though, are full of old loner men getting drunk, solving all the world's problems and prattling on about how hypocritical some religious guy was and how rich "the church" is. I never see those types at the local food shelf helping out.

But again, that's not why I created this thread.

Last edited by Aquina1300; 12-17-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #24
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:

I don't really care whether any individual I meet is religious or not. I just get sick of the false assumption that a religious person is anti-science or stupid. I've met many more atheist idiots in my life than religious idiots. I'll also give the religious people, idiots or not, this......they are less likely to be sexual creeps, drug users, alcoholics, wife and child abusers and tend to be much more active in volunteering for local charities and much more generous in donations to worthy causes. I have met few atheists that volunteer on a regular basis, regularly contribute to a charity or bother with most civic ceremonies. Now, other people's experience may differ, but I know when our local shelter needs someone to house a kid for emergency day care or take in a border or two free of charge, it's always someone connected with a church....and they're usually well educated with an upper middle class income and a stable family.

Our local dive bars though, are full of old loner men getting drunk, solving all the world's problems and prattling on about how hypocritical some religious guy was and how rich "the church" is. I never see those types at the local food shelf helping out.

I can't agree with the highlighted part Aquina, I think alot of people who do these things ARE church goers hiding behind the reflected morality they think the church lends them. others are attracted to the church because it gives access to their prey.
I would say though that geographic location is a big factor, people in different places put different values on religious life. Australia has probably the lowest % of people who identify with any religion and a very high % of volunteers.
Regarding the religious folk are unscientific thing. I remind these people that it was the church that founded the universities which in turn developed what we know as the scientific method.
We can therefore thank the church for science.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:54 AM   #25
RandyLeavins
Dumpster Diving

RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!RandyLeavins is a forum GOD!!
Points: 289,953,451, Level: 100 Points: 289,953,451, Level: 100 Points: 289,953,451, Level: 100
Activity: 51%
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

I guess I missed the fact that the Inquisition(s) & Crusade(s) led to the downfall of Christianity.

There are nutters, - violent, or the simple mouth breathing, - within any given se(c?)t of humans. I doubt that Islam, or any other mass marketed religion, or touted method of spirituality, will go the way of the Dinosaurs any time soon.
RandyLeavins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #26
Wimbly
Bleeding Heart Realist

Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!
Points: 708,663,659, Level: 100 Points: 708,663,659, Level: 100 Points: 708,663,659, Level: 100
Activity: 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjo View Post
Of course it's not going to be the downfall of Islam, even the murder of those Pakistani kids won't dent the zealousness of the followers...but, Islam is divided by sects, so those not in the particular sect committing an atrocity will cry and weep, those in the same sect will say it's gods will.
You forgot to add rinse and repeat.

I think as a religion Islam is still immature, adolescent as it were. Like Christianity when it was only 1500 years old. It will be rent by internal conflict until it outgrows the teenage shit fits.

If that was the case please EXPLAIN HUMAN HISTORY prior to collective societies
Wimbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #27
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
I can't agree with the highlighted part Aquina, I think alot of people who do these things ARE church goers hiding behind the reflected morality they think the church lends them. others are attracted to the church because it gives access to their prey.
I would say though that geographic location is a big factor, people in different places put different values on religious life. Australia has probably the lowest % of people who identify with any religion and a very high % of volunteers.
Regarding the religious folk are unscientific thing. I remind these people that it was the church that founded the universities which in turn developed what we know as the scientific method.
We can therefore thank the church for science.
The Christian church going bad guy is mostly a fiction that our mass entertainment culture disseminates. In real life, I find churchgoing people far more stable than non church goers. There's polls to back that up but like I said earlier, I don't really care about this issue. Only those who haven't looked into the issue in any real way, think the opposite. They are going off stereotypes and generalizations they want to be true rather than looking at actual facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyLeavins View Post
I guess I missed the fact that the Inquisition(s) & Crusade(s) led to the downfall of Christianity.

There are nutters, - violent, or the simple mouth breathing, - within any given se(c?)t of humans. I doubt that Islam, or any other mass marketed religion, or touted method of spirituality, will go the way of the Dinosaurs any time soon.
Pope Urban the II called the crusades to defend Byzantium and push Muslims out of the Holy Land - Byzantium is extinct and Israel is the first serious challenge to Muslim control of the holy land in the last thousand years. So crusades = epic fail.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #28
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbly View Post
You forgot to add rinse and repeat.

I think as a religion Islam is still immature, adolescent as it were. Like Christianity when it was only 1500 years old. It will be rent by internal conflict until it outgrows the teenage shit fits.
modern Islam has a lot of similarities to Reformation Era Christianity. It's uncanny how much crazy Islam is like Calvinism and puritanism. I'll hold off on saying that Islam is going to go through an Enlightenment phase though because I see no indication of that. Anyway, the Enlightenment wasn't as Enlightened as most think it was since it took atrocities to a whole new level of scientific barbarism. Protestants like to think of the Enlightenment as a miraculous age of reason but that age of "reason" also gave the world race based chattel slavery, oppressive colonialism and global exploitation of undeveloped people's and cultures. Nothing was quite so genocidal as Enlightened Europe.

Last edited by Aquina1300; 12-18-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #29
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

I suppose it's impossible for "westerners" to view religion as anything other than through the lens of religion versus science. It's just too much a part of our culture to think of religion as anything beyond the true/false "science" paradigm. This is a really ignorant cultural inclination.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #30
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Quote:

Not in my opinion. People use church as an excuse to, "wash them of their sins" therefore they think it's ok to do whatever.

Religious or not, some people are inherently good and some are just pieces of shit, regardless if they believe in whatever or not.

The Taliban decimated the virgin 6 year old community... we all suffer - Dat

Being an atheist is not a choice. It's a default state of mind.
ThisisnotChad is offline   Reply With Quote