Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Rules,FAQ's and Site Support. > Suggestions

Old 05-12-2015, 05:40 AM   #1
edgecrusher187
LiveLeaker

edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,718,834, Level: 100 Points: 1,718,834, Level: 100 Points: 1,718,834, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Remove the block user feature - or at least limit it.

The main site needs an overhaul of the block feature. Why? Because too many people see it as an opportunity to reply with to a comment, then block the user before they have a chance to read and/or respond.

For example, dcmfox posts some liberal propaganda bullshit and I call it out in the comments - he blocks me and I'm no longer allowed to view the comment section on the uploaded video unless someone rates my comment up - which allows me to read, but not edit or reply...

It appears the option to also block the user that has blocked you has been removed? What the fuck for?

What kind of world do we live in where these assholes can post whatever they want without fear of ridicule? Unacceptable!

Please, just rid of the block feature all together - implement a system where a user can filter another users comments out (essentially blocking contact) for all those creepy weirdos that need to take internet stalking to the next level.

But this current system is just a plain fucking joke that encourages people to create as many throwaway troll accounts as they can.

Last edited by edgecrusher187; 05-12-2015 at 05:45 AM.
edgecrusher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:00 AM   #2
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

I'm in favor of unrestricted blocking. Freedom of Association et al.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
marinemom
Every day is a gift.

marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100 Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100 Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

There are ways to deal with things though.

If someone puts a comment like "You're a pathetic loser" on your channel page and immediately blocks you so you can't reply, just delete the comment and forget about it.

If an uploader blocks you from commenting on their upload because they don't want anyone commenting who doesn't agree with their point of view, the answer is to upload something that agrees with your point of view, or you can upload something that agrees with the uploader's point of view who blocked you, and then you can comment away at how much you disagree with what's in the video you uploaded, and the person who blocked you can't do anything about it.

You can see all comments on any upload by logging out and then going to the upload.

And remember ... These people who are constantly playing their little games with the blocking feature aren't "winning". They're pathetic. Don't let them get under your skin.
"The only racists are the Americans." - inevitab1e
marinemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
Grace37
LiveLeaker

Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!Grace37 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 16,797,691, Level: 100 Points: 16,797,691, Level: 100 Points: 16,797,691, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

There is another way to deal with it. Start a blog where you get the last word to your blocker and no one gives a shit.

I've had people block me after a comment or down thumb marathon and I was left holding the bag. It is what it is and you just have to move on and forget about it and them.
Grace37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
Lord Faron
LiveLeaker

Lord Faron On the road to addiction

Agreed 100%
Lord Faron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #6
edgecrusher187
LiveLeaker

edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!edgecrusher187 is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,718,834, Level: 100 Points: 1,718,834, Level: 100 Points: 1,718,834, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemom View Post
There are ways to deal with things though.

If someone puts a comment like "You're a pathetic loser" on your channel page and immediately blocks you so you can't reply, just delete the comment and forget about it.

If an uploader blocks you from commenting on their upload because they don't want anyone commenting who doesn't agree with their point of view, the answer is to upload something that agrees with your point of view, or you can upload something that agrees with the uploader's point of view who blocked you, and then you can comment away at how much you disagree with what's in the video you uploaded, and the person who blocked you can't do anything about it.

You can see all comments on any upload by logging out and then going to the upload.

And remember ... These people who are constantly playing their little games with the blocking feature aren't "winning". They're pathetic. Don't let them get under your skin.
Good advice, thank you. These methods will have to suffice unless something is done (hopefully done) to improve the blocking system on the main site.
edgecrusher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:23 AM   #7
moefugger
Cygnus-X1

moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

I would like to see it reset each month or so.
Many kiddies just block people for saying their repost is a repost so they can continue copying from LL and reposting it.
bullshit_detector thumbs every one down all day every day.
If someone thumbs him he will block them.
A once a month or once a quarter reset would be OK.
moefugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:37 AM   #8
bullshit_detector
LiveLeaker

bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrusher187 View Post
For example, dcmfox posts some liberal propaganda bullshit and I call it out in the comments - he blocks me and I'm no longer allowed to view the comment section on the uploaded video unless someone rates my comment up - which allows me to read, but not edit or reply...

W... whaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
bullshit_detector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:38 AM   #9
bullshit_detector
LiveLeaker

bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!bullshit_detector is a forum GOD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moefugger View Post
bullshit_detector thumbs every one down all day every day.
If someone thumbs him he will block them.
Lol. Nope. I block you for being boring.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:39 AM   #10
bullshit_detector
LiveLeaker

And marine mom lol, go fucking parade somewhere.