Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Rules,FAQ's and Site Support. > Suggestions

Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
Globalgenocide
LiveLeaker

Globalgenocide On the road to addiction
Points: 4,442, Level: 9 Points: 4,442, Level: 9 Points: 4,442, Level: 9
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Question Option to post reason for blocking user

Hey guys,

Just rocked into my main channel and discovered that I'd been blocked by another user however I am completely confused as to what happened as I cannot remember ever doing anything, while cruising through my past comments trying to discover what had happened I thought about having the ability to leave a short message for the other person as to why they were blocked.

This could come in either a small character restricted text box or a drop-down box defaulting on 'Not given' or something of the like. With various options selectable for instance some options could be stuff like; 'Racist comments' 'Rude behavior' 'Irrevocable differences in opinion' and so on. Just so the other person has some clue as to what happened, obviously the 'Not given' default will assuage those too lazy or unwilling to give an actual reason from having to do anything.

I have several people on my own block list that I can no longer remember the reason why I blocked them, having the ability to leave short notes for yourself as to why you blocked them would be very handy as well.

Anyway just some thoughts, cheers
Globalgenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
the demon
Smiley Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

The best thing to do is to "not give a damn". If you can't remember why they're blocked, i'd just unblock them. I've never blocked anyone, despite the comments and harassment.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #3
Globalgenocide
LiveLeaker

Globalgenocide On the road to addiction
Points: 4,442, Level: 9 Points: 4,442, Level: 9 Points: 4,442, Level: 9

Yeah I wasn't particularly worried, very confused though especially as I couldn't see anything that could of offended the individual in question and previously had good relations with them(atleast I had thought so lol).

I know I blocked one person because they were flat out trolling me thumbing down all my posts and making ridiculous replies that had nothing to do with what I was posting. I suppose I could unblock the rest and hope for the best...

Anyway I just thought having the option to leave a brief reason as to why someone is blocked/you were blocked would be handy.
Globalgenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:42 AM   #4
the demon
Smiley Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalgenocide View Post
Yeah I wasn't particularly worried, very confused though especially as I couldn't see anything that could of offended the individual in question and previously had good relations with them(atleast I had thought so lol).

I know I blocked one person because they were flat out trolling me thumbing down all my posts and making ridiculous replies that had nothing to do with what I was posting. I suppose I could unblock the rest and hope for the best...

Anyway I just thought having the option to leave a brief reason as to why someone is blocked/you were blocked would be handy.
Meh. You sound like a nice fella. That's why you should just come to the forums more often. Lots of really intellectual people here who are courteous of each other, just one big happy fucking family bro.

Here in the forums, it's "live and let live", that's our motto. emote_hippie.gif
Old 10-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Xavior
Inconvenient Truther

Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!Xavior is a forum GOD!!
Points: 164,867,596, Level: 100 Points: 164,867,596, Level: 100 Points: 164,867,596, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Trying to manage people not liking you on the internet is like trying to stop a waterfall with your hands cupped.. Especially if you show even the slightest sign of having a different opinion..

I'm probably the biggest asshole on the forums, but stay away weeks at a time. Your biggest idiot problem would probably be some annoying guys here who have a boring sense of humor and make sexist remarks about everything because they have to pay to get layed and can only get what everyone else does..
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Simba1
LiveLeaker

Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!Simba1 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 81,854,516, Level: 100 Points: 81,854,516, Level: 100 Points: 81,854,516, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by the demon View Post
The best thing to do is to "not give a damn". If you can't remember why they're blocked, i'd just unblock them. I've never blocked anyone, despite the comments and harassment.
This was my approach also for many years. Now I completely changed the strategy and have a block list with the size of a telephone book (majorly exaggerated). Liveleak now looks like a relatively smart place to be.
Mainly all those proxy accounts created to incluence the opinion on the war on syria were what triggered my change in approach. Now I do it everywhere with all topics.
Simba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Cobblars
LiveLeaker

Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!Cobblars is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,695,374, Level: 100 Points: 1,695,374, Level: 100 Points: 1,695,374, Level: 100

I blocked GunZenBomZ for no other reason than she had blocked me. Petty yes, do I care? No.
Cobblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
moefugger
Cygnus-X1

moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Who cares.
Some people cry a hissy fit if you thumb down their stupid moronic comment.
Others are spammers who cry if you tell them to F'o off.
Just for the record, I think you sux.
I will not tell you why either.
moefugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
borris
LiveLeaker

borris On the road to addiction

I was attempting to post a comment and a window warned me about the fact i risk ban/infraction, because i used a racist word. Since when "monkey" is a racist word, when it;s used for describe a chimp? Nice way to intimidate people.
borris is offline   Reply With Quote