Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Entertainment > Sports

Old 04-22-2009, 04:33 AM   #21
Facetious for Kicks
Still Not Your Dad

Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!
Points: 78,306,059, Level: 100 Points: 78,306,059, Level: 100 Points: 78,306,059, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Pittsburgh is hands down the fave to repeat. Top to bottom they are the best.

Hopefully Tony Romo can quit being Phony Romo and QB my team for once.

The NE Cheatriots have little chance in the AFC. Too many great teams.

I do not think Miami is surprising anyone this year. They are pretty good.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:47 AM   #22
Fire37Rescue
I'm an acquired taste

Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100 Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100 Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious for Kicks View Post
Pittsburgh is hands down the fave to repeat. Top to bottom they are the best.

Hopefully Tony Romo can quit being Phony Romo and QB my team for once.

The NE Cheatriots have little chance in the AFC. Too many great teams.

I do not think Miami is surprising anyone this year. They are pretty good.
New Stadium,new look at you guys got rid of TO. That's some huge moves so far. I think all the above add up to a good season so far. TO is a clubhouse cancer. You'll be a threat.
Look out for the Ravens this year in the AFC,they worry me. This weekend I'll be following the draft as always.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 AM   #23
Facetious for Kicks
Still Not Your Dad

Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!Facetious for Kicks is a forum GOD!!
Points: 78,306,059, Level: 100 Points: 78,306,059, Level: 100 Points: 78,306,059, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire37Rescue View Post
New Stadium,new look at you guys got rid of TO. That's some huge moves so far. I think all the above add up to a good season so far. TO is a clubhouse cancer. You'll be a threat.
Look out for the Ravens this year in the AFC,they worry me. This weekend I'll be following the draft as always.
I would actually worry about the Ravens more than the Titans. Despite a somewhat dominant season, it just seemed like a fluke that Tennessee did that well. Buffalo's problem now (as if they were so problem free without TO).
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 AM   #24
Fire37Rescue
I'm an acquired taste

Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!Fire37Rescue is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100 Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100 Points: 1,671,252, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious for Kicks View Post
I would actually worry about the Ravens more than the Titans. Despite a somewhat dominant season, it just seemed like a fluke that Tennessee did that well. Buffalo's problem now (as if they were so problem free without TO).
Our first game on Sept 10th is with the Titans. Good solid team but they had a weak schedule last year. Solid team, dont get me wrong..but for some reason they dont worry me.
Cheatriots with Brady always worry me. That's a driven team when he's behind center.
Buffalo. Yeah. When talking about Buffalo you just have to wonder if there really are curses or just dumb decisions made in the front office and on the field coaching. How many visits to the Super Bowl have they now made? 4 I think? Lost all of them. Damn! What are the odds on that one? I know you guys beat the hell out of them in at least twice during your dynasty. Remember,there's a handful of teams who have never made it once.

Thanks for the props to the Steelers. I like our chances as well, taking into consideration that there really hasnt been any major moves in the offseason of note. As always, we are solid, Mean,Nasty and bloodthirsty. Defense heavy with a more then capable offense. We really dont have any pretty boy super stars. None of our guys are dating models or actresses. We stay level.They are driven. Pittsburgh like no other City in America.It is about thier Steelers and thier "Boys". It's thier life blood in many ways. Pittsburgh loves a winning team but will do with a playoff team just as well. Not one player stands out game after game. More over,it seems they trade off every game for thier outstanding plays all the way around the roster. We had a few pro bowlers this year. Nothing like some of the other statrstruck teams. Nobody is getting arrested. The guys appear to be best friends. I hear from relatives that they saw Harrison,Big Ben,Holmes and Kicker Reed laughing it up at Primanti Brothers sandwich shop last night. Then they proceed to email me the pictures of them with thier arms around them all. (we are talking 70 and 85 year old relatives here) It's weird. It's family. The Steelers are family. When talking to them on the phone,my relations refer to them as, "Our Boys". They mean it. If one of them gets hurt,you can bet your ass that there is a massive vigil at the hospital until that player is better. You'll see Nuns and priests there too....all part of the extended Steeler family. It must be rough on the players. But the Rooneys tell them all of this early on. Dont like it? There's the door.
Weird thing is...I'm not like this with anything else. I'm not a joiner. Not religious. Dont belong to any clubs or organizations. Never have. I love the Dodgers and Penguins.I'm a fan. But I'm not so thoroughly ingrained to them as I am the Steelers. I am Bat Shit Fanatic about my Steelers. I was watching a ten year old playoff game on NFL replay the other day. Knew this game backwards and forwards. I still paced the floor during the commercials. Still yelled at the coaches for dumb plays.My wife just rolls her eyes.

I'm rambling. Apologies
Old 04-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #25
rongravy
Dey Dook 'Er Jerbs!!!

rongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addictionrongravy On the road to addiction
Talking Blasphemer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire37Rescue View Post
KC? I'll be surprised if they finish 8 and 8. Not even on my radar.
8-8 would be a great step up from 2-14. Hell, look at how much better than the year before Miami did.
I don't mind that they are on no one's radar. Makes the wins even more shocking.
(Lol, hope I'm not eating my words after next season.)
Look me up later in the season to razz or worship my ability to see in the future. Which will it be?
rongravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #26
Fire37Rescue
I'm an acquired taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
8-8 would be a great step up from 2-14. Hell, look at how much better than the year before Miami did.
I don't mind that they are on no one's radar. Makes the wins even more shocking.
(Lol, hope I'm not eating my words after next season.)
Look me up later in the season to razz or worship my ability to see in the future. Which will it be?
You got it buddy. Yeah..I have a buddy of mine I meet up with at my local Sportsbar every season who is a KC fan. Diehard. Takes the losses really hard. Great guy. Knows his Tackle Football. Big huge guy,really loud. Goes around hugging all the girls and flirts with all the cute waitress staff.... Blast to hang out with. Buys rounds for everyone kinda guy. He'll come to our Steeler room(we have four) and find me. He of course is decked out head to toe in Chiefs gear.everything from the jersey and hat to his keychain. Huge Stickers on his truck parked outside.
Anyways, he comes bursting in the room and just smiles,points to me and booms," Easy Squeelers! I'm with him! I gotta thing for firefighters!"

All this NFL talk is making me Jones for the Football season.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! withdrawls are brutal!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chiefs.jpg (24.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Fire37Rescue; 04-25-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Fire37Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
Bologna_Skins
You can call me Sugardick

Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!Bologna_Skins is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,538,534,658, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,534,658, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,534,658, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Dammit.

Why Matt Stafford, Detroit? Why?

6 years, $72 million, $41 million guaranteed.

Prima Donna QB (with a college career completion average UNDER 60% btw) about to play behind the WORST O/L in the league.

With all the GLARING weaknesses at nearly EVERY position and a weak free agent signing period so far you drop a $72 million money bomb on a kid that has never played a single snap in the league? WHY am I not surprised? Rookie GM, rookie personnel manager, rookie head coach and a BRAIN DEAD owner maybe? ARGH, FUCK, KILL!!

Idiots. Fucking idiots. So glad I'm moving. 30 years of football masochism coming to an end. Now the question is, living in western NC what team do I consider my home team? Tennessee Titans or Carolina Panthers?
"well since im a Crack head alchoholic I cant Count and i dont have a 5th grade education.. SO being drunk right now I cant comment in a coherent fashion.." ~ Dat1111, June 26, 2008 http://forums.liveleak.com/showpost.php?p=229218&postcount=12
Bologna_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #28
Fire37Rescue
I'm an acquired taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bologna_Skins View Post
Dammit.

Why Matt Stafford, Detroit? Why?

6 years, $72 million, $41 million guaranteed.

Prima Donna QB (with a college career completion average UNDER 60% btw) about to play behind the WORST O/L in the league.

With all the GLARING weaknesses at nearly EVERY position and a weak free agent signing period so far you drop a $72 million money bomb on a kid that has never played a single snap in the league? WHY am I not surprised? Rookie GM, rookie personnel manager, rookie head coach and a BRAIN DEAD owner maybe? ARGH, FUCK, KILL!!

Idiots. Fucking idiots. So glad I'm moving. 30 years of football masochism coming to an end. Now the question is, living in western NC what team do I consider my home team? Tennessee Titans or Carolina Panthers?
Titans are solid and will be for some time.As the former Oilers they carry alot of oldtime fans with them. Fairly good front office with a great head coach. Fans are starting to get behind the team as well. They are in the AFC which in my book is a much better conference. You've been an NFC guy for so long you should consider changing that as well. You'll be in the same division as the Colts,Jags and Texans. Tough division which means constant excitement.Year before last the Colts,Jags and Titans were battling out. I love that kind of action. I'm glad the the Ravens are always solid. I wish both the Browns and Bengals would get thier shit together to make our division better.

With that Detroit OL, Stafford is going to get pancaked. It will be like a train wreck. I'll watch it but it will be filed under Ryan Leaf QB Stories when it's done.
Carolinas are pretty. Beautiful women there. For your sanity, just dont move any further south then say...Savannah Ga.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #29
menolikey
fuck off

menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!menolikey is a forum GOD!!
Points: 54,434,673, Level: 100 Points: 54,434,673, Level: 100 Points: 54,434,673, Level: 100

i missed the draft. that's what i get for having too many heathens and putting them all in sports.

they had fun tho, so that's good.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #30
Fire37Rescue
I'm an acquired taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by menolikey View Post
i missed the draft. that's what i get for having too many heathens and putting them all in sports.

they had fun tho, so that's good.
I was able to go back and forth over the weekend and watch it. Thing is, it was kind of boring. As always,we drafted good guys and then teach them to be Steelers in time. This is of course unlike many teams in the NFL who draft these poor kids and then toss them into the fire when season kicks in. ...and people wonder why some of these rookies go bust? There is a HUGE difference between College Ball and the NFL play on the field. I have a few friends who played pro ball and they all to a man said it was a shock.The hits were much larger and the speed was increased ten fold. like night and day. The Steelers ease guys into it. That's why our guys last longer and stay with our team. The Steelers are noted for thier draft picks every year. No team does it better then we do. We fill holes where they need to be filled. Steelers also accept walk ons. Harrison was a walk on as was Willie Parker (Parker was an undrafted free agent with the Steelers in 2004)... See what I mean? Everyone said Willie Parker didnt have what it took. Said the same thing about Harrison too. Ravens cut Harrison as did the Steelers until he walked on and proved himself.
Is the draft important? Yeah, I guess so.. but in the grand scheme of things it isnt the only way a team fills out the roster. Walk ons,undrafted free agents and trades tack up quite a few guys. I have a very hard time paying some kid just out of college a gazillion bucks when they are unproven in the NFL. Screw that noise. I'm against these huge draft payouts. Ryan Leaf anyone? Tampa Bay did the smart thing and paid good money for Leftwich. He's a proven talent. They got a great starting QB. No dirtbags play for Steelers for more then a season.