Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Rules,FAQ's and Site Support. > Suggestions

Old 06-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #11
GrumpyAuldBastard
LiveLeaker

GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 11,005,735, Level: 100 Points: 11,005,735, Level: 100 Points: 11,005,735, Level: 100
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyuk View Post
Stop being a grumpy old bastard
You sound like my wife!

But hey, we all know the internet is a serious business.
GrumpyAuldBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #12
john1054
Bohemian Grove Reject

john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!john1054 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 850,247,769, Level: 100 Points: 850,247,769, Level: 100 Points: 850,247,769, Level: 100
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

So a person shouldn't be allowed to tell somebody off and then block him? He should be required to give somebody one last shot and then block him?

Nah. If you really, really want to get a final reply, then just do it elsewhere on the thread or on your channel page. Say "So-and-so just blocked me because he's a coward. And he's an idiot about Syria as well." People will understand and if the guy unblocks you again merely to reply, he'll look like an ass.

Last edited by john1054; 06-17-2014 at 12:02 AM.
john1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #13
GrumpyAuldBastard
LiveLeaker

GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!GrumpyAuldBastard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 11,005,735, Level: 100 Points: 11,005,735, Level: 100 Points: 11,005,735, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1054 View Post
So a person shouldn't be allowed to tell somebody off and then block him? He should be required to give somebody one last shot and then block him?

Nah. If you really, really want to get a final reply, then just do it elsewhere on the thread or on your channel page. Say "So-and-so just blocked me because he's a coward. And he's an idiot about Syria as well." People will understand and if the guy unblocks you again merely to reply, he'll look like an ass.
Thank you.

The first valid opinion in response to a valid question and suggestion!
I disagree though - LL has always been about freedom of speech, and whilst I accept there should be parameters as regards racist comments based on nothing other than provocation, (even though those lines remain very grey), I stand over the premis that every member should be allowed to respond to another member.

If I block you, then as a consequence, every post I have ever written @john1054 should be automatically deleted from my profile, because my comments to or about you, should not be in the public domain if you have been blocked by me from being given the fair opportunity to answer those comments / allegations / accusations.
Especially when I launch a diatribe about you then immediately block you with the specific intent to deny you that ability and make it appear you conceded.

No member should have to run off to some other location to explain that 'so n so' is a coward because that gutless coward abused a loophole to have the last word and suppress freedom of speech..... and I will remind you that Tex even managed to block from me seeing the whole thread - a thread that wasn't even his!

Last edited by GrumpyAuldBastard; 06-17-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 06-17-2014, 09:39 AM   #14
Tinbuk3
moot scoot'n boogie

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyAuldBastard View Post
Ahhhhhhhhh right.
So you're actually the arselickin' forward party.
You're the one who piles into new threads with the taste of shite still on his tongue and duty bound to jump to the defense of the status quo and those who you'd love to make you gag.

Ok.
I know who you are now.
Why no child .. you know nothing.
In fact you have a lot to lean about everything dont you.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #15
GrumpyAuldBastard
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbuk3 View Post
Why no child .. you know nothing.
In fact you have a lot to lean about everything dont you.
You still here?
Old 06-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #16
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

I'm gonna block Grumpy Auld Bastard.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #17
GrumpyAuldBastard
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
I'm gonna block Grumpy Auld Bastard.
Why do you enjoy hurting me so?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
LLFM_3
LLFM_

LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!LLFM_3 is a forum GOD!!

Quote:
I disagree though - LL has always been about freedom of speech, and whilst I accept there should be parameters as regards racist comments based on nothing other than provocation, (even though those lines remain very grey), I stand over the premis that every member should be allowed to respond to another member.
Perhaps you haven't read Hayden's blog regarding this so called 'freedom of speech':

"Freedom of speech, a wonderful idea which means to me the ability for people to express opinions (particularly on the subjects of politics and religion, historically the most censored topics) without fear of persecution. It's a wonderful, amazing thing. It's something we actually cherish here on LL oddly enough. I mean yes, we do have rules governing things you can and cannot say on here but that's mostly language not the concept. Something many folks appear to struggle with.

You see, freedom of speech seems to be the blanket excuse for anyone really wanting to be an arsehole. So many people out there honestly believe freedom of speech means "free to say whatever I like without any consequence" and if you're one of those people I'd like to address this next bit to you. YOU are the reason freedoms are eroded, you hand power to those who would erode our freedoms because YOU abuse them. You refuse to act like an adult, you refuse to understand any concept which can't be written in three words or less using a crayon. In short, you are a moron.

Let's say you have a "problem" with people of a certain ethnicity. Your freedom of speech should allow you to convey that thought (regardless of how ignorant it may be) without fear of censorship. But that's never enough is it? You need to have the "Freedom" to use racial slurs, to be as hateful as possible to an individual. In short you demand the freedom to be a dick without any consequence whatsoever.

Do us all a favour. Think long and hard about what's really important when it comes to your "freedoms". If you can still convey your concept without censorship then you're ahead of the game. The rest is just the rest.

For the record I would like to add none of our rules are in place to protect delicate little flowers from feeling offended. Our rules are there to protect the site. If you can't dig that I suppose you could always go find somewhere else where you are allowed to type your favourite words over and over and over"
LLFM_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #19
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Quote:
You sound like my wife!

But hey, we all know the internet is a serious business.
Suck on me and I'll suck on you.

The Taliban decimated the virgin 6 year old community... we all suffer - Dat

Being an atheist is not a choice. It's a default state of mind.
ThisisnotChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
GrumpyAuldBastard
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLFM_3 View Post

"Freedom of speech, a wonderful idea which means to me the ability for people to express opinions ...... etc etc etc
Hows about your pontifications on the actual suggestion I made in the first post!

Quote:
If a member A posts a reply to Member B, then Member A cannot immediately block Member B as soon as he posts the said reply.
There is nothing worse that some halfwit posting some brainwashed propaganda and verbal diarrhea in reply to you and then leaving you unable to respond because they immediately block you, but their reply remains for all to read.

It is THEE most gutless way to be seen to win an argument and should not be allowed on LiveLeak.

I can say this because I have never ever blocked anyone, never would, and never will.
I believe in free speech.... and ironically, its the ones who pontificate the most about freedoms and liberties are the very same people who jump in, stab you in the back, and then immediately remove your ability to speak.
You see, like most people on these forums, you 'snap shot' a couple of associated words and immediately head off into some irrelevant speel which ultimately ends in this 'holier than thou' attitude as if what you are saying is, well, profound!
It isn't.
You're just rolling out the same old dialogue over and over and over again... not so much like a delicate flower, but more akin to a well trained parrot.

This isn't about 'freedom of speech' - never was!
It is about a loophole that allows a member to throw comments into the public domain on Liveleak that are specifically pointed at another member (good, bad, indifferent, propaganda, diatribe or whatever).... and then ALSO have the power to immediately prohibit that person from ever responding.
I used Tex as an example, but I could refer to many other members who use this as a favourite ploy to impose their opinions upon the membership.
Then leave it a couple of months, unblock that member again.... rinse and repeat.

And why do I feel allowed, even obligated to make this suggestion? - because I have never blocked anyone... never would and never will.
You can call that "free speech" or whatever you want - I don't give a shit or need a lecture about it.... but what I can clearly say is that ALL my comments are open for anyone and everyone to respond to.
And that is the "Spirit of LiveLeak", exactly what I'm talking about and want to maintain... and its got fuck all to do with your eloquent rantings about 'freedom of speech'

So if you want to comment in this thread, then try and get up to speed and understand the suggestion made in this 'suggestions' sub forum, and then try to comprehend the entire conversation.
Comment on that and try not waste your time on three words that are already milked stupid on these forums.
And stated just in case you hadn't noticed!

Last edited by GrumpyAuldBastard; 06-17-2014 at 06:24 PM.