Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Firearms

Old 06-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #51
gtr1956
Have Guitar, Will Drink

gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!gtr1956 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 4,623,637, Level: 100 Points: 4,623,637, Level: 100 Points: 4,623,637, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvnor View Post
Its a very nice rifle, however those rifles already in service with the Special Forces were pulled from service recently due to an "undisclosed" issue with the rifle. Moreover, the unit cost of that rifle is just tremendous. I dont know if they can justify spending that sort of money for a basic infantry weapon.
Ahhh. The demo I saw was completely dated then. I wonder what the "issue" was. Could the issue have been the price?

"People are stewpid!" - LC, A fellow employee
gtr1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #52
castanza128
LiveLeaker

castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 5,420, Level: 10 Points: 5,420, Level: 10 Points: 5,420, Level: 10
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Thumbs down nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboy View Post
M-14 Still the best.real killer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIsWUvgtZY
Every military in the world disagrees with you.....but I'm sure you're smarter.
castanza128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #53
DarwinsMistake
☠Dark Knight☠

DarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addiction

The United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle (EBR) Would be a great choice to replace the M-16's , I also like the Heckler & Koch G3..
Old 10-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #54
DarwinsMistake
☠Dark Knight☠

DarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addictionDarwinsMistake On the road to addiction
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by castanza128 View Post
Every military in the world disagrees with you.....but I'm sure you're smarter.
? LMAO the only military around the world that would say that would be the ones locked into the sights of a M-14 .Its a proven battle rifle..
Old 10-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #55
DarwinsMistake
☠Dark Knight☠

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr1956 View Post
Ahhh. The demo I saw was completely dated then. I wonder what the "issue" was. Could the issue have been the price?
When was our Military ever worried about the cost per unit?The major problem with the M-14 that I found was weight, it does not like sand which could be a problem considering recent times.Accuracy though..For auto loader they are about as good as the come..Its not like our Military is looking at purchasing the H&K PSG-1's that would be expense..

Either way we do need to stick to a nato cartridge..
Old 01-04-2010, 05:39 AM   #56
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
Default M14 Fan not opposed to M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboy View Post
M-14 Still the best.real killer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIsWUvgtZY
^Voted! Accurate, reliable, durable, powerful, fine sights, lighter than an L1A1/FAL or a G3, ...unless you're really looking for a SAW or a grenade launcher, the M14 is the best battle rifle there is. (Spare me the "assault rifle" definitions/clarifications, the M14 is a battle rifle, not an assault rifle.) The 7.62X51mm is a RIFLE cartridge with rifle performance.

If you really want an assault carbine for CQB, vehicle crewmen, and other carbine/submachinegun duty, then either the M4 should be modified with a gas piston system instead of the Ljungman direct gas system it has now, and a different cartridge like the 6.8mmSPC (would be even better in 6.5mm w/95-110gr projectile) should be chambered...or simply go with the Daewoo K1/K2 rifle in 5.56mm or said 6.8/6.5 SPC cartridges.

I own both.
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME

Last edited by ericredbeard; 04-21-2015 at 03:07 AM.
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #57
driedjello
scrillamonga

driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!driedjello is a forum GOD!!
Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100 Points: 167,908,758, Level: 100

I have an M1A (loaded) and a few ARs. I agree with you about the performance. I get amazing groups at 800 yards with my handloads. The gas piston is a HUGE plus and I am excited to see a couple offerings in the AR lines with gas pistons from the factories. I have even thought about converting a couple of mine.

If I could only have one I would probably choose the M1A because you can hunt with it so overall the gun has better utility and I am guessing better service life. Is it fair to assume the thought erosion is roughly the same in the two? Maybe about 5K rounds per barrel?

I hope I can refer to the M1A and M14 interchangeably. (I don't know the subtleties of etiquette in this arena)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
Voted! Accurate, reliable, durable, powerful, fine sights, lighter than an L1A1/FAL or a G3, ...unless you're really looking for a SAW or a grenade launcher, the M14 is the best battle rifle there is. (Spare me the "assault rifle" definitions/clarifications, the M14 is a battle rifle, not an assault rifle.) The 7.62X51mm is a RIFLE cartridge with rifle performance.

If you really want an assault carbine for CQB, vehicle crewmen, and other carbine/submachinegun duty, then either the M4 should be modified with a gas piston system instead of the Ljungman direct gas system it has now, and a different cartridge like the 6.8mmSPC (would be even better in 6.5mm w/95-110gr projectile) should be chambered...or simply go with the Daewoo K1/K2 rifle in 5.56mm or said 6.8/6.5 SPC cartridges.

That's my opinion and I own both, so cooooommme and get it!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #58
Guvnor
LiveLeaker

Guvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeakerGuvnor is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16 Points: 12,428, Level: 16
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by driedjello View Post
I have an M1A (loaded) and a few ARs. I agree with you about the performance. I get amazing groups at 800 yards with my handloads. The gas piston is a HUGE plus and I am excited to see a couple offerings in the AR lines with gas pistons from the factories. I have even thought about converting a couple of mine.

If I could only have one I would probably choose the M1A because you can hunt with it so overall the gun has better utility and I am guessing better service life. Is it fair to assume the thought erosion is roughly the same in the two? Maybe about 5K rounds per barrel?

I hope I can refer to the M1A and M14 interchangeably. (I don't know the subtleties of etiquette in this arena)
The M1A is the civilian version of the M14. The M14 is the M1 Garand replacement, select fire military version which hasnt been used since Vietnam. It should be noted that in service in Vietnam though most M14s were actually modified for semi auto fire and only squad automatic gunners had full autos. The M21 is the designated marksman/sniper version of the M1A currently in use by the United States military. So youre basic M14 platforms are the M14, the M21, and the M1A, however each branch uses it own designations and variants.

DJ, have you checked out LWRC yet? I was at the Ellet Brothers show for the past few days, and LWRC had a booth there. They are throwing out some absolutely incredible gas piston ARs. Ultra reliable, ultra high quality, just amazing, especially their new 308 REPR. Far surpasses anything the M1A is in my opinion, although I have been converted to the FAL battle rifle cult over the past year or so.
Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."
Guvnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #59
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
America needs a new rifle FFS! And not a goddamn midget m16 err m4.
I call bullshit. Best gun in Modern Warfare 2 !!

The Taliban decimated the virgin 6 year old community... we all suffer - Dat

Being an atheist is not a choice. It's a default state of mind.
ThisisnotChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #60
castanza128
LiveLeaker

castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!castanza128 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 5,420, Level: 10 Points: 5,420, Level: 10 Points: 5,420, Level: 10
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinsMistake View Post
? LMAO the only military around the world that would say that would be the ones locked into the sights of a M-14 .Its a proven battle rifle..
Not sure wtf you mean by that. What I meant is that the whole world is moving towards smaller cartridges with higher velocities. Also smaller lighter rifles. With smaller and lighter ammo. Carbines and Bullpups.

I'm sure you are much smarter than EVERY MILITARY IN THE WORLD though.....right?
castanza128 is offline   Reply With Quote