Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > Your News Headlines

Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 AM   #21
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

I slept in the back of my SUV on the side of back road byways in Colorado, Nevada, California, Utah, Montana, Idaho, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and Arkansas. In Colorado I was just west of Denver on I-70 between Copper Mountain and Georgetown. I was so tired I pulled over onto a turnout on a curve high up above a gorge, and crawled in back for the rest of the night. Every time a big rig blew past the Bronco rocked a little. If one had swung wide I would have sailed off the side of the mountain like a pool ball launched off the felt across the room. I even slept in my car in Las Vegas. To hell with their rules. I pay taxes to maintain the roads. I don't need to pay for some fleabag motel on top of that.

The state has no business participating in illegal drug use.
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #22
Velhalla
son of god

Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjobs View Post
Vel you need a place to stay, I found you one!
Lol no Im just arguing about the principle. In the 90s I rode a mtn bike nearly halfway round the world through lots of US states and European countries, zero police contact for camping and I rarely paid to sleep. In 2011 after my divorce I lived in a 2011 rented Dodge Charger and had constant police contact so got back on my bike so I could stealth camp, was harrassed by police still, finally I said fuckit and went to New Zealand. No issues in New Zealand, No issues here in Philippines. America has evolved into a police state.

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles
Velhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #23
Velhalla
son of god

Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
I personally don't get the big deal about people sleeping in their car. it's your car! you paid for it, why can't you sleep in it if you want to?

i couldn't ever live out of my car, personally, but i think it's stupid to have laws forbidding it.
Los Angeles created an ordinance against living in a car and the Federal government declared it unconstitutional. Nobody has fought the Denver ordinance. LA was forced to provide areas where its permitted.
https://www.lacity.org/for-residents...eles-municipal

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles
Old 02-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #24
Velhalla
son of god

Everyone in Philippines has shelter, zero homeless.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:09 AM   #25
Velhalla
son of god

Live the American dream or go to jail.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #26
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
Being a nomad doesnt mean living in the stone age, it means im not going to buy a house or pay rent, Ill live in a trailer wagon or car. Why is it so difficult for house dwellers, is it a simple case of " well the bank has me by the balls so you should be too"?
No it's more about liking to take a shower every day and having a seat under my ass while I take a shit. It's about having walls to hang pictures of those I love. It's about sitting in front of a fire place on a cold winter night then getting under the covers of your bed with your wife after having made sure your children are comfortably asleep in their beds. It's a nice thing to walk into my kitchen and open my fridge and yell to the wife "there's nothing to eat" even though the fridge, freezer and pantry is stuffed with food. I enjoy walking out to my garage flipping on the radio and fixing things or going into my back yard in spring time to plant my garden. it's the little things too. like getting mail or putting up Xmas decoration, having kids knock on my door on Halloween.

I like camping as much as a lot of people, but living in your car is not being a nomad. Sounds more like a excuse made up to cover for running away from the responsibilities of life, a way to pretend you want to be alone in a car with nothing but a cell phone to get onto Liveleak to tell everyone else their life is a sham.

Tell you what, if I ever went nomad no one would know, I would just be gone no fucking phone no internet no car just gone...

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #27
Velhalla
son of god

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK View Post
No it's more about liking to take a shower every day and having a seat under my ass while I take a shit. It's about having walls to hang pictures of those I love. It's about sitting in front of a fire place on a cold winter night then getting under the covers of your bed with your wife after having made sure your children are comfortably asleep in their beds. It's a nice thing to walk into my kitchen and open my fridge and yell to the wife "there's nothing to eat" even though the fridge, freezer and pantry is stuffed with food. I enjoy walking out to my garage flipping on the radio and fixing things or going into my back yard in spring time to plant my garden. it's the little things too. like getting mail or putting up Xmas decoration, having kids knock on my door on Halloween.

I like camping as much as a lot of people, but living in your car is not being a nomad. Sounds more like a excuse made up to cover for running away from the responsibilities of life, a way to pretend you want to be alone in a car with nothing but a cell phone to get onto Liveleak to tell everyone else their life is a sham.

Tell you what, if I ever went nomad no one would know, I would just be gone no fucking phone no internet no car just gone...
I'm not going to disappear til I'm dead, I helped create this community. Plus I'm proud of my nomadic ways and heritage.

Last edited by Velhalla; 02-06-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #28
DanielDefense
LiveLeaker

DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!
Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
oh ok, well if that's the case, no i don't want anyone living out of their car in my driveway lol. then we'd have a problem.

if it wasn't on my property, but near me, like across the street or something, it depends. if this person is constantly bugging me for change everytime i leave my place or bugging my guests everytime they come over, etc. then hell no, you got to go. but if someone had their car parked across the street from me and they were gone most of the day and just sleeping there, i wouldn't care.
I wouldn't mind if it happened once, but if someone came back every night I wouldn't like it...brings down the neighborhood and the prices of the homes imo
DanielDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #29
Velhalla
son of god

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielDefense View Post
I wouldn't mind if it happened once, but if someone came back every night I wouldn't like it...brings down the neighborhood and the prices of the homes imo
Anything temporary cannot bring down value of a property. Nuclear waste, toxic waste, salted Earth, black people, only those things can bring down the value of property.edit; based on my observations.

Last edited by Velhalla; 02-06-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:31 PM   #30
DanielDefense
LiveLeaker

DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!
Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
Anything temporary cannot bring down value of a property. Nuclear waste, toxic waste, salted Earth, black people, only those things can bring down the value of property.edit; based on my observations.
You're right that's why I said if it happened once it wouldn't be a problem. I think we have all slept in a car at some point when traveling due to getting tired. But I also thinks it's appropriate if the Police approach the car since they don't know if your unconscious, OD etc. I doubt they approach cars at rest areas unless it's been there a long time.
DanielDefense is offline   Reply With Quote