Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Iraq

Old 01-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Dawsopolis
Banned

Dawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeaker
Default Will the future of Iraq depend on the attitude of the average American citizen?

If *'The Mob' gets uncomfortable with the sacrifice it takes to pacify the region, or if they just get tired of the sacrifice period...You know what will happen.

We will bring our troops home, there will be unchecked ethnic violence and genocide, Iraq will fall apart, the suffering of its innocent will be epic and it will of course be our fault, the region will be destabilized , possibly for decades.

Besides losing some face the US will be no worse the for the wear...we will go on, our Military sharpened, our troops seasoned, our technology leading edge.

Regardless of what your opinion is on why we went to Iraq or US foreign policy. You have to admit that whenever the US pulls out of a hot-spot, the wolves make quick work of the lambs.

Keeping that in mind, is *'The Mob' always right?

And if so, is *'The Mob' culture really what we have to look forward to in the USA? Where class and status reigns supreme?

A place where we have clever, brutal, elite pitched in a battle vs. the poor and uneducated masses??

Is that what you really want?

A question for Foreigners: Is that the kind of USA you want? A USA ruled by *'The Mob'?

lol!

** Not 'The Mob' as in the crime family; but 'The Mob' in the classic Rome sense, 'the peasants.'

Just wondering.

Regards.
Dawsopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
afreegreek
Banned

afreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker

my prediction is the middle east will always be a basket case. it's what they want.
afreegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Dawsopolis
Banned

Dawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeakerDawsopolis is a popular LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by afreegreek View Post
my prediction is the middle east will always be a basket case. it's what they want.
greek, there was a time i felt like it was wrong to assume that the ME was unable to grasp democracy, et. al....

however, after being there and as i get older, i'm not too sure about that assumption anymore.

Perhaps you're right, maybe we should just right them off and let nature take its course.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
dj-so-low

I hate for the people of the ME's sake to agree but it looks more and more like thats the truth each day...now with Pakistan and the morons in the fast boats in Iran, what country that matters besides SA does have a stable govt. without a massive amount of violence or disaray....I'm not sure what we can do to hep when it's that large of a problem, what can we do to help....some say stay the hell out of their business but yeah we can't allow terrorists to train and develop terror cells freely, some say carpet bomb the whole place but you can't do that either of course....it's an odd place in time, I really think someday we'll look back at how the world handles this problem and no matter whats done about it either way it's going to change the world in a massive way.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Bannister46

Cool Humpty Dumpty vs Pottery barn

"You broke it you bought it."
"But can all the kings horses and all the kings men put humpty dumpty together again?"

Eventually a pragmatic people will realize that all input with no positive results is not worth it.
Call it a Mob if you like, it is the only mob that can call itself american.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #6
afreegreek
Banned

afreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerafreegreek is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo``` View Post
I'd like to see true democracy in the USA, no lobby groups, no conflicts of interest, no "think tanks" made up of members of the government, or with relatives in the government, planning America's future to suit their personal interests and desires.
(tbh though the UK's going the same way, the US isn't the only country with these problems it's just more obvious to an outsider because of the scale and the effect it has on the rest of the world.)
The USA is a Republic not a Democracy. a Democracy is ruled by the people. (mob rules) a Republic is ruled by Laws. without a framework of laws that restrict options you only need 51% of the citizens to say Yes. would you have liked to see a vote on wether to nuke Afghanistan or not Sept 20 2001. I don't think so. besides this thread is about Iraq not the USA. and the fact they will still be a basket case in 2020.

do you see something we're all missing that would to lead you to believe otherwise?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #7
Dawsopolis
Banned

Quote:
The USA is a Republic not a Democracy. a Democracy is ruled by the people. (mob rules) a Republic is ruled by Laws. without a framework of laws that restrict options you only need 51% of the citizens to say Yes. would you have liked to see a vote on wether to nuke Afghanistan or not Sept 20 2001. I don't think so. besides this thread is about Iraq not the USA. and the fact they will still be a basket case in 2020.

do you see something we're all missing that would to lead you to believe otherwise?
Its encouraging to see that some people get it...not surprised it was afreegreek though..lol
Old 01-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
KYOSHOFIEND
Smiling With Altitude

KYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo``` View Post
I'd like to see true democracy in the USA, no lobby groups, no conflicts of interest, no "think tanks" made up of members of the government, or with relatives in the government, planning America's future to suit their personal interests and desires.
(tbh though the UK's going the same way, the US isn't the only country with these problems it's just more obvious to an outsider because of the scale and the effect it has on the rest of the world.)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawsopolis View Post
Its encouraging to see that some people get it...not surprised it was afreegreek though..lol
Ditto.
KYOSHOFIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
afreegreek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannister46 View Post
"You broke it you bought it."
"But can all the kings horses and all the kings men put humpty dumpty together again?"

Eventually a pragmatic people will realize that all input with no positive results is not worth it.
Call it a Mob if you like, it is the only mob that can call itself american.

Eventually a pragmatic people will realize that all input with no positive results is not worth it.......... the Americans will eventually give up and leave. the Iraqis will have blown their best chance and the wolves will feed on the remains. HAHAHA wait till oil runs dry, the wolves will feed on each other.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
KYOSHOFIEND
Smiling With Altitude

KYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeakerKYOSHOFIEND is a popular LiveLeaker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawsopolis View Post
greek, there was a time i felt like it was wrong to assume that the ME was unable to grasp democracy, et. al....

however, after being there and as i get older, i'm not too sure about that assumption anymore.

Perhaps you're right, maybe we should just right them off and let nature take its course.

I like to think they'll eventually find democracy but I have little faith they'll ever par up to the rest of the world anytime soon. Not in my lifetime anyway, not much hope for my daughters generation either.
KYOSHOFIEND is offline   Reply With Quote