Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Political thought / philosophy

Old 07-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increase our destructive hive livin

Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increase our destructive hive living natures.

Cell phones are killing our social skills. The cell phone is one of the rudest pieces of technology ever developed in our modern times. To see a family of four sitting at a dinner table and all four members are texting and avoiding the bonding that should be taking place, instead of the silence that occurs; is one of society’s greatest failures. Friends are out for a night on the town and everyone has their phone out, texting and not having meaningful conversations that would be more rewarding. We cannot speak in complete sentences without the use of acronyms and do not look at others directly in their eyes while speaking to them. This society is losing the art of pure communication.

We are mammals, but we are making ourselves into that less favorable condition of hive living creatures.

Are cell phones controlling our way of life?

I say yes.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Same thing happened in ancient Egypt
Everyone sitting around reading hieroglyphs instead of building pyramids
Damn technology

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
Old 07-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #3
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
Same thing happened in ancient Egypt
Everyone sitting around reading hieroglyphs instead of building pyramids
Damn technology
It is world wide.

A good waste of time and resources while many starve.

If we could profit from that waste, we would create many many millionaires and fed people.

Regards
DL
Old 07-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Velhalla
son of god

Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
It is world wide.

A good waste of time and resources while many starve.

If we could profit from that waste, we would create many many millionaires and fed people.

Regards
DL
maybe they wouldnt starve if theyd just get off their phones and cook something.

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles
Velhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #5
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

This is one of the few things that I agree with GeeIam.

Many of the children and grandchildren of my friends can't even make or use a complex sentence; let alone stop using 'like' 'ummm' or 'uhhhh'.

I had an opportunity to show the English grammar and composition handbooks from my college days to one of the young adults in college. She had never seen anything like them, but that didn't surprised me. She was a freshman, and I let her borrow one, since I had 2 of them. A few years later she told me the book helped improve her grades. She wanted to return it, but I told her she could keep the book.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
maybe they wouldnt starve if theyd just get off their phones and cook something.
Possibly, but I doubt that many starve because they refuse to cook.

Regards
DL
Old 07-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #7
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
This is one of the few things that I agree with GeeIam.

Many of the children and grandchildren of my friends can't even make or use a complex sentence; let alone stop using 'like' 'ummm' or 'uhhhh'.

I had an opportunity to show the English grammar and composition handbooks from my college days to one of the young adults in college. She had never seen anything like them, but that didn't surprised me. She was a freshman, and I let her borrow one, since I had 2 of them. A few years later she told me the book helped improve her grades. She wanted to return it, but I told her she could keep the book.
Good for you and thanks for the agreement.

The age of the book is important. Have you seen some of the garbage that some of the old encyclopedia sets had in them?

That was a rhetorical question BTW.

Regards
DL