Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Old 04-13-2016, 01:39 AM   #11
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gswifty View Post
This is from the link I posted regarding Adam and Eve.

My 'translation' would be simply that Adam rejected the gift of the garden, eating from the tree of life, while choosing the forbidden Apple from the tree of knowledge. That knowledge was based on Adam taking the power of the gods into his own hands, namely the power of life and death. This power and fall was directly attributable to his sons and their actions. Did you ever ask yourself why God rejected Cains offering of the harvest but accepted Able's? It's not metaphoric but directly related to humans being 'thrown out' of the garden. I can't help you(yes I'm trying to help you) more than that.
I do not accept your views as it give too much power of thought to Adam that the script does not point to.

Having knowledge does not give one the power over life and death and even if it did, if we get closer to the script than where you are, Adam could not know if that knowledge was good or evil until he had eaten of the tree of knowledge.

In fact, Eating of the tree of life is what would have given him power over death.

Regards
DL

P.S.
It has been postulated that the Cain and Abel story as well as the Esau story refers to God and Jews rejecting or moving from shepherd to a more agricultural life.

Joseph Campbell said something about the Jews, when they were wandering nomads , as being and or having the reputation of murderers and killers before they finally settled down to farming.
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #12
UKatheist
mad as a clowns tadger

UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Why?

Regards
DL
Good Ash
Bad Ash.
Who are you ? Do not bark out of his booth!
UKatheist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:04 AM   #13
FillTheVoid
LiveLeaker

FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!FillTheVoid is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,795,487, Level: 100 Points: 2,795,487, Level: 100 Points: 2,795,487, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Was God creating Satan a good idea?

Eden and creation seemed to be going along quite well for God and man until Satan was cast into Eden by God. God would have been in charge of who he allowed into the Garden of Eden. After all, God would have kept a firm control of who entered his new day care so as to insure the wellbeing of Adam and Eve.

Being all knowing, God already knew that Satan, with Godís own power of deception, would successfully tempt Eve to eat of the tree of all possible knowledge.

It almost seems as if God wanted us to and planned for us to fail. Perhaps that is why the Church called Adams sin a happy fault and necessary sin.

Christian dogma, the opposite of Jewish dogma, has Satan as Godís nemesis and arch rival for the souls of mankind. Godís foreknowledge would have told him that Satan would cause him to condemn the vast majority of his beloved souls to hell and death and thus play into Satanís hands. This to me seems like God creating a huge amount of grief for himself and mankind, unless God truly wanted man to fail, --- and sin was a happy fault and necessary sin as the Church says.

Did Adam and Eve actually do what God really wanted them to do, and was God creating Satan a good idea?

We are told by the Church and scriptures to emulate God.

Should all parents do as God did and create a situation of failure for their children so as to insure that they too have the happy fault and necessary sin that makes them fail?

Why was it important for God to insure that we failed?

Regards
DL
God created the devil in order to glorify himself in the devil's condemnation in order to more fully express the full range of his attributes.

In other words, God created the devil because he wanted to.
FillTheVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #14
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillTheVoid View Post
God created the devil in order to glorify himself in the devil's condemnation in order to more fully express the full range of his attributes.

In other words, God created the devil because he wanted to.
So having man fail glorifies God somehow does it?

Please explain how a teacher having students fail glorifies the teacher.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote