Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Old 09-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #21
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRauma26100 View Post
These days people tend to "worship" political leaders. So for some, their leaders are kinda like gods.
Indeed.

At least they are real, so in that sense, they have not given their minds over to supernatural fantasy gods. They live in reality instead of delusion.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:42 AM   #22
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
One whose policies are demonstrably moral.

That eliminates Yahweh and Allah whose policies are demonstrably immoral.

I know this as a fact because Christians and Muslims always run from discussions on the morality of their gods.

Regards
DL
Moral according to what standard? The standard which benefits you? How righteous, to demand that what is moral be so defined. How absurd, to first require that the Creator of the Universe and its order be accountable to man's needs, and then to declare that if it is not accountable to our needs then it must not even exist! LOL. The egomania it takes to believe that your needs are necessarily at or even near the center of the Creator of the Universe's priorities is blinding. We are not in any position to demand anything.

Christians and Muslims do not run from discussions on the morality of their god. The morality of God and the complete lack of any necessity for God to account for Himself to you or mankind is treated bluntly in the Book of Job:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:
2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

(text continues listing God's works...)

The LORD said to Job:

2 "Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him?
Let him who accuses God answer him!"

Then Job replied to the LORD :
2 "I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.

3 You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.

4 "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.'

5 My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.

6 Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes."
http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras277...uality/job.htm
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #23
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

I invented three gods last night...Nigel the mighty smiter of feeble minded liberals.

Winston the God of all that is great and Isembard the builder of things.....

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Abraham Lincoln
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #24
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRauma26100 View Post
These days people tend to "worship" political leaders. So for some, their leaders are kinda like gods.

Who da fuck would worship a political leader? They worship an ideal, not a leader, they follow the leader because they are pushing the ideal they worship...

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Abraham Lincoln
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 PM   #25
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
Moral according to what standard? The standard which benefits you? How righteous, to demand that what is moral be so defined. How absurd, to first require that the Creator of the Universe and its order be accountable to man's needs, and then to declare that if it is not accountable to our needs then it must not even exist! LOL. The egomania it takes to believe that your needs are necessarily at or even near the center of the Creator of the Universe's priorities is blinding. We are not in any position to demand anything.

Christians and Muslims do not run from discussions on the morality of their god. The morality of God and the complete lack of any necessity for God to account for Himself to you or mankind is treated bluntly in the Book of Job:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:
2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

(text continues listing God's works...)

The LORD said to Job:

2 "Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him?
Let him who accuses God answer him!"

Then Job replied to the LORD :
2 "I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.

3 You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.

4 "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.'

5 My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.

6 Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes."
http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras277...uality/job.htm

"Moral according to what standard?"

By mine which I like to compare with theists but they run from that discussion as it proves their poor morals to themselves.

"How absurd, to first require that the Creator of the Universe and its order be accountable to man's needs, `

Really.

Do the strong in your family serve the weak or do you expect the weak serve the strong?

Give your argument for the weak serving the strong instead of what we do naturally.

I like the story of Job but not from the way you read it.

It shows how much of a prick Yahweh can be when he has a bet to win.

This quote shows God even admitting to being evil ands a sinner.

Job 2;3 and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

God, by allowing and encouraging Satan to act in an evil way is God facilitating evil and that shows just how evil that demiurge is.

I look forward to your argument as to why we should serve such an immoral prick.

Regards
DL
Old 11-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #26
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjo View Post
I invented three gods last night...Nigel the mighty smiter of feeble minded liberals.

Winston the God of all that is great and Isembard the builder of things.....
All ----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30lGrarz3MQ

Regards
DL
Old 11-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #27
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
"Moral according to what standard?"

By mine which I like to compare with theists but they run from that discussion as it proves their poor morals to themselves.

"How absurd, to first require that the Creator of the Universe and its order be accountable to man's needs, `

Really.

Do the strong in your family serve the weak or do you expect the weak serve the strong?

Give your argument for the weak serving the strong instead of what we do naturally.

I like the story of Job but not from the way you read it.

It shows how much of a prick Yahweh can be when he has a bet to win.

This quote shows God even admitting to being evil ands a sinner.

Job 2;3 and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

God, by allowing and encouraging Satan to act in an evil way is God facilitating evil and that shows just how evil that demiurge is.

I look forward to your argument as to why we should serve such an immoral prick.

Regards
DL
I of coarse can't speak for Eric but I believe you have misinterpreted his post
It is not a matter of why you should or should not serve any thing
To my mind the universe is neither hostile or benevolent.
To assume that a creator should or should not take your morality into the equation is not even as much as your consideration of a cockroaches rights before you step on it.
To consider that the gods may not be moral in your existence is simply an infinite and false elevation your importance to a cosmic clock work on wich you have zero effect.

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
Old 11-05-2016, 11:09 PM   #28
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
I of coarse can't speak for Eric but I believe you have misinterpreted his post
It is not a matter of why you should or should not serve any thing
To my mind the universe is neither hostile or benevolent.
To assume that a creator should or should not take your morality into the equation is not even as much as your consideration of a cockroaches rights before you step on it.
To consider that the gods may not be moral in your existence is simply an infinite and false elevation your importance to a cosmic clock work on wich you have zero effect.
I have an effect. I can judge and or ignore a genocidal son murderer and brand him as evil.

"To my mind the universe is neither hostile or benevolent."

You do not see well. Try to live almost anywhere else in the universe and see how few places are not hostile to our lives.

"To assume that a creator should or should not take your morality into the equation is not even as much as your consideration of a cockroaches rights before you step on it."

I agree that no God would consider our morality.

What is important to us is for us to consider Yahweh and Allah's immoral ways and reject their satanic asses.

Regards
DL
Old 11-05-2016, 11:32 PM   #29
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
I have an effect. I can judge and or ignore a genocidal son murderer and brand him as evil.

"To my mind the universe is neither hostile or benevolent."

You do not see well. Try to live almost anywhere else in the universe and see how few places are not hostile to our lives.

"To assume that a creator should or should not take your morality into the equation is not even as much as your consideration of a cockroaches rights before you step on it."

I agree that no God would consider our morality.

What is important to us is for us to consider Yahweh and Allah's immoral ways and reject their satanic asses.

Regards
DL
That you cannot breathe in the vacuum of space is not the result of hostility.
it may be important to you, I don't recognize the concept of satanism to begin with so it can be of no import.
Oh, and in the first case, your branding anything as good or evil according to your morality effects what exactly?

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e

Last edited by adaptoman; 11-05-2016 at 11:36 PM.
adaptoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:44 PM   #30
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
That you cannot breathe in the vacuum of space is not the result of hostility.
it may be important to you, I don't recognize the concept of satanism to begin with so it can be of no import.
Oh, and in the first case, your branding anything as good or evil according to your morality effects what exactly?
All of my thinking and how I see things.

Do you not have the same effect happen to you once you judge the good or evil in an issue?

It has also shown me how evil the homophobic and misogynous mainstream religions are.

Regards
DL