Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > Your News Headlines

Old 07-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #21
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashman View Post
I live here in Oregon, didn't even know about these bills til now. At first I was like, this is fukn crazy, but then I saw that it only decriminalizes for certain people. If you are a convicted felon or have more than two drug convictions, then there is no decriminalization for you.

Still don' like it. Fucking tweakers on meth are a huge problem here on the coast and in the big cities heroin is a huge problem. I don't know, we'll see what happens, I guess.
Ok, but if these tweekers just get high without stealing from anyone or hurting anyone, what's the problem? If they end up breaking any laws to support their habit or bc theyre high and acting a fool, they'll still be arrested...
slacker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #22
Bashman
Research

Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
Ok, but if these tweekers just get high without stealing from anyone or hurting anyone, what's the problem? ...
Are you serious? The problem is, they don't. No offense, Slacker, but you obviously have no idea what I mean when I say Tweakers. People high on meth act insanely. They tweak. They threaten innocents walking down sidealks, they break into garages and houses, they steal anything that is not nailed down.

Tweakers don't get high and refrain from stealing or hurting anyone. That's what Tweaking means, it means they are completely out of control and will commit insane and criminal acts with no regard for public safety. And there are a lot of tweakers running around Oregon.

You say "Well, if they do that, they'll get arrested."

Gee, nice, now what about my trashed garage, or scared daughter, or stolen car, or stolen property, all of which is lost, gone, or irreparably damaged? And with the new law, they'd be back out on the street sooner.

I'm sure you probably know a couple of people who recreationally use white dope on occasion and never hurt anyone, but that is the exception when it comes to these drugs. I have zero tolerance for tweakers, too many bad experiences, to many broken lives. Sorry, but I do not agree with decriminalizing white dope or heroin, they are ultimately destructive forces to the majority of those who use them. They are a blight on society, and the only things that cause more misery in America are alcohol and disease.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #23
Smudgen
HORRY SHRIT
Hexxagon Champion

Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Nope.

Just weed is low key.
Smudgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #24
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

OK my definition of tweaker is a meth addict. What's yours? A meth addict going crazy? Drugs affect everyone differently and so no, not every single methhead ever does that. SOME methheads do that and if they do that, they'll be arrested.

and yes I know some methheads can be very violent but not all of them. the ones I knew somewhat well when they were using didn't get violent, at least not towards me, they were just delusional and paranoid as fuck. Thinking ppl poisoned their food, that I'm their mom in disguise of myself, etc. weird shit.

But they're not who I was thinking of when I posted this. I was thinking of this intervention episode I saw a while ago about a girl named Sierra. She was in full psychosis, it was sad as fuck but she was so harmless, she didn't need jail, she needed help smh. She wasn't even coherent enough to steal.

That's why I said it affects everyone differently. Bc some people can do meth and not get like she did at all, but they steal and threaten ppl etc. so you can't generalize.

What about your car? What about it? You have insurance, don't you? Yes it sucks but I mean what if someone whose not on drugs stole your car, what more can you ask other than insurance cover your losses, they be arrested and charged and hopefully convicted and now have that on their record for life. What do you want? To rewind time? LOL. I mean ppl do what they do.

And before you say I've never been a victim of crime before, I have, last place I lived, a guy broke into my house twice, stole my laptop, second time he didn't get anything bc I was home and once he saw me he ran to the window and climbed out. Pretty sure he's also the one who broke my window while I was away about 6 months later, but if he came in, he didn't find anything to take. IDK if he was on drugs or not and I don't care, tbh, what I care about is he stole from me. If I knew who it was, that's what I'd want him punished for.

I just don't think a small amount of any drugs deserves a felony charge. Misdemeanor, ok, but felony, no. If you don't agree with me, then you don't. You wanna punish all the ppl who do it bc of what you assume they're gonna do bc of what SOME do. Whereas I say punish ppl for what they actually do.

And heroin addicts generally aren't nearly as disruptive as methheads. Like in terms of paranoia and aggression. And alcohol...is legal. You wanna ban it? Since apparently you believe it destroys society?

Calm down. The world is not ending. It'll be interesting to see how this new bill plays out in Oregon. If it's a disaster, I'm sure most states won't be passing anything similar but if it ends up working out, then good, they've figured out a way to put less ppl in jail for drug offenses. But give it a chance to play out before you get all "the end is near!" about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashman View Post
Are you serious? The problem is, they don't. No offense, Slacker, but you obviously have no idea what I mean when I say Tweakers. People high on meth act insanely. They tweak. They threaten innocents walking down sidealks, they break into garages and houses, they steal anything that is not nailed down.

Tweakers don't get high and refrain from stealing or hurting anyone. That's what Tweaking means, it means they are completely out of control and will commit insane and criminal acts with no regard for public safety. And there are a lot of tweakers running around Oregon.

You say "Well, if they do that, they'll get arrested."

Gee, nice, now what about my trashed garage, or scared daughter, or stolen car, or stolen property, all of which is lost, gone, or irreparably damaged? And with the new law, they'd be back out on the street sooner.

I'm sure you probably know a couple of people who recreationally use white dope on occasion and never hurt anyone, but that is the exception when it comes to these drugs. I have zero tolerance for tweakers, too many bad experiences, to many broken lives. Sorry, but I do not agree with decriminalizing white dope or heroin, they are ultimately destructive forces to the majority of those who use them. They are a blight on society, and the only things that cause more misery in America are alcohol and disease.
slacker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #25
Bashman
Research

Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Calm down. The world is not ending. It'll be interesting to see how this new bill plays out in Oregon. If it's a disaster, I'm sure most states won't be passing anything similar but if it ends up working out, then good, they've figured out a way to put less ppl in jail for drug offenses. But give it a chance to play out before you get all "the end is near!" about it.

I understand you. But here is my problem with it:

I see the new legislation as a threat to marijuana legalization.

I don't think it will go well in the long run, and if it indeed is a disaster, I think there will be those who will say "Look at Oregon! Since they decriminalized white dope and heroin there is this huge X (X being the known unknown) problem so we need to repeal the decriminalization laws and while we're at it, maybe legalizing marijuana had something to do with this whole X problem and we need to look at repealing pot legalization, too!"

Most lawmaking idiots lump marijuana in with all other "drugs" and it is one of the most egregious crimes against the People our government is continuing to perpetuate. Marijuana is nothing like white dope or heroin. Societal and physical impacts are not the same.

So, for me, it is more about protecting my easy access to PTSD "meds"...I don't care how many people use the "medicinal purposes" excuse to smoke pot who don't really need it, but it is a lifesaver for PTSD. No need to see a doctor, no need to pay $600 a year to have a medical marijuana card, just walk into any one of half a dozen shops in my small coastal town and you have a collection of the finest weed in the world at prices from $5-$10 per gram. Those are 90's prices, man. And the medicinal value cannot be denied, especially for what I have.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:02 PM   #26
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Since I started this thread OP, I'll give you my thoughts on all this.

The only 'drugs' I think should be legal (and taxable) are those that occur in nature, still in the natural state from the flora or fauna. Nature has a wonderful way of keeping the good and back effects across the many species under check, while also showing us directly that which is poison even deadly. Common sense rules.

Here's a good list of deadly flora

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/e...d-plant-parts/

When it come to man-made drugs, chemically modified or refined in any manner, is where I draw the line. Our human interference with these chemicals intensify the good and bad effects, to personal and social levels that are beyond tragic.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:49 AM   #27
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
No, that is just your interpretation, when in reality, it's just moving the line so it's not so draconian.

So you're comparing having a little bit of coke to child nolestation?

melodramatic much??? Lol
Time will tell if the line moves again. It will. In reality, it's the first time one crosses the line (or 'moves' it) that makes all of the subsequent excuse-making so much easier.

Draconian? That's just your interpretation, where 'a little bit' of meth is fine. Imagine me laughing at the look on your face when your child tells you to back off the 'melodrama' when you find out that they've been doing 'a little bit' of meth for a while now.... LOL A little coke, a bit of heroin, a smidge of meth when things get too deep at home raising the kids....calm down Granma. Don't be so 'draconian'...
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:00 AM   #28
3rd3y3
PUMPMASTER

3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100 Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100 Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
Time will tell if the line moves again. It will. In reality, it's the first time one crosses the line (or 'moves' it) that makes all of the subsequent excuse-making so much easier.

Draconian? That's just your interpretation, where 'a little bit' of meth is fine. Imagine me laughing at the look on your face when your child tells you to back off the 'melodrama' when you find out that they've been doing 'a little bit' of meth for a while now.... LOL A little coke, a bit of heroin, a smidge of meth when things get too deep at home raising the kids....calm down Granma. Don't be so 'draconian'...
meanwhile the school and doctors tell the parents to shove adderal and welbutrin and prozac and birth control, or maybe even hormone blocker(hey this 8 yr old is trans) down their kids throat

it is so funny...

Last edited by 3rd3y3; 07-16-2017 at 02:12 AM.
3rd3y3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:47 AM   #29
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 View Post
meanwhile the school and doctors tell the parents to shove adderal and welbutrin and prozac and birth control, or maybe even hormone blocker(hey this 8 yr old is trans) down their kids throat

it is so funny...
Lighten up, it's ok. A little bit doesn't hurt anything, and it's legal.
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:37 AM   #30
MaDKroniK
LiveLeaker

MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 637,275,073, Level: 100 Points: 637,275,073, Level: 100 Points: 637,275,073, Level: 100
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 View Post

it is so funny...
Birth control is necessary.

In some high schools here the pregnancy rates are at 70%. As far as I'm concerned, they should be giving that shit away for free.
MaDKroniK is offline   Reply With Quote