Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > Your News Headlines

Old 07-29-2017, 03:14 AM   #71
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
The reason you paid $700 for antibiotics is because the insurance companies and the health care industry along with the drug companies are a cartel
Not because Dronetek couldn't pay 30k for $500 procedure
No that is the reason. The lady on the phone told me she feels for me in the situation but it's bc of all the high bills for the uninsured who come in there.

I agree with you, tho, that these insurance companies are a giant scam smh
slacker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:37 AM   #72
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
No that is the reason. The lady on the phone told me she feels for me in the situation but it's bc of all the high bills for the uninsured who come in there.

I agree with you, tho, that these insurance companies are a giant scam smh
In the state of South Dakota there is a much celebrated billionaire who generously funds the naming of stadiums, parks and other things after himself
He also has had a few statues of him calling the little children to come unto him
He made his money issuing credit cards to people who could not get credit anywhere else, the interest rates were in hundreds of %
If you paid on time and rose sharply if you did not
He got out of that business because the profit margin in health care is higher
What you pay for health care bares no relation to the providers costs
Defaults for medical bills would be no higher than anywhere else if the price was reasonable
Old 07-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #73
snipershot
LiveLeaker

snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Profiteers are totally dependent on the absolute ignorance of their customers.
Who else would pay $150 for something that actually costs $1.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #74
MaDKroniK
LiveLeaker

MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!MaDKroniK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 637,275,073, Level: 100 Points: 637,275,073, Level: 100 Points: 637,275,073, Level: 100
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
not really, bc we end up paying for other people, anyway, even when obamacare wasn't around. we do in the insane ER charges...i shit you not, 1 time, before obamacare was enacted, i had strep throat and went to the ER just for some antibiotics, bc i didn't wanna get my co-workers sick. they charged me $700. yes, $700. you really think antibiotics cost that much? hell no. it's bc a bunch of uninsured ppl used the ER for various medical issues and accidents and then couldn't afford their bill. people like Dronetek, remember him? he broke his arm, had no insurance and got stuck with a $30K bill. but they know his ass isn't ever gonna be able to pay that off, or at least not for years, so in the meantime, they have to break even somehow, so they charge people like me, who come in there with minor problems and who have insurance (at least, i did at the time).

and what really pissed me off about him is he had the nerve to whine about paying for other people's healthcare! and i know he's not the first hypocrite like that. smh.

let's not kid ourselves, we've always had to pay for other people.
ER is a whole different ballgame though. You get charged to the high heavens for prescriptions and other things. Much cheaper to go to a minute clinic or set up an appointment with your doctor.

I got hit by a car in March (fucker took off) and took myself to the E.R. downtown at North Western. I have insurance through work but didn't really research it and thought I was good there. I was in and out in about an hour and I spent 45 minutes of that time in the waiting room.

Doctor came in for maybe 5 minutes in my little room, looked at my knee, and said it wasn't broken otherwise I wouldn't have been able to walk. He just told me to stay off of it for a week. I got 2 ace bandages, nesporin, and a Motrin. They didn't tell me I was out of network till I was ready to leave. If I would have known that in the beginning I would have limped my ass outta there.

They charged me $1800 for seeing the doctor for 5 minutes and the few things that they gave me. It was ridiculous.
MaDKroniK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #75
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
In the state of South Dakota there is a much celebrated billionaire who generously funds the naming of stadiums, parks and other things after himself
He also has had a few statues of him calling the little children to come unto him
He made his money issuing credit cards to people who could not get credit anywhere else, the interest rates were in hundreds of %
If you paid on time and rose sharply if you did not
He got out of that business because the profit margin in health care is higher
What you pay for health care bares no relation to the providers costs
Defaults for medical bills would be no higher than anywhere else if the price was reasonable
ohhh i see what you're saying. you're right. but the prices are not reasonable and unless some sort of regulation is put in place to force them to make their prices reasonable, it's gonna continue on like this, unfortunately. it sucks
Old 07-29-2017, 10:22 PM   #76
slacker-
LiveLeaker

yep, for minor injuries that require some sort of medical treatment, like stitches, etc. minute-clinics and urgent cares are the way to go.
sounds like we both learned that the hard way smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDKroniK View Post
ER is a whole different ballgame though. You get charged to the high heavens for prescriptions and other things. Much cheaper to go to a minute clinic or set up an appointment with your doctor.

I got hit by a car in March (fucker took off) and took myself to the E.R. downtown at North Western. I have insurance through work but didn't really research it and thought I was good there. I was in and out in about an hour and I spent 45 minutes of that time in the waiting room.

Doctor came in for maybe 5 minutes in my little room, looked at my knee, and said it wasn't broken otherwise I wouldn't have been able to walk. He just told me to stay off of it for a week. I got 2 ace bandages, nesporin, and a Motrin. They didn't tell me I was out of network till I was ready to leave. If I would have known that in the beginning I would have limped my ass outta there.

They charged me $1800 for seeing the doctor for 5 minutes and the few things that they gave me. It was ridiculous.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 PM   #77
the demon
Smiley Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Walls work.
Berlin.jpg