Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Old 04-05-2015, 02:47 AM   #181
Smudgen
( ͜ʖ͡)╭∩╮
Hexxagon Champion

Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!Smudgen is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,515,733, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

People who post in dark blue ..... um , suck.
Smudgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:50 AM   #182
Mac-Tan
Loves Jumao-as

Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!Mac-Tan is a forum GOD!!
Points: 737,326,068, Level: 100 Points: 737,326,068, Level: 100 Points: 737,326,068, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

I wouldn't say it's a 'religion', at least in the traditional sense.

It is however, a cult just like any other. This cult is motivated... motivated, defined in the sense that it is 'given life' through its sermons defining the alleged 'nothingness' that its followers (atheists) believe is the centerpiece of all other traditional religions, and the difference that is a belief system that is 'atheism', the belief in 'somethingness' however defined.

The cultishness comes into 'it' when atheists get all pissy and attempt to defend (it) and differentiate that it is not an alternative belief system to other 'religions', when in fact it is.
That, in my opinion is the definition of a cult.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:53 AM   #183
the demon
Conservative Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

I don't pray, they do. I don't have a god, they do. i don't adhere to a certain belief system, they do, and I don't go to church, they do. I don't congregate with others of atheism, as they congregate. The argument that atheism is a religion is stupid and flawed. Just a way to make the religious feel 'sane'.

They carry on and on with this ideologically correct bullshit, and it seriously gets absolutely nowhere. It makes them look even more silly. Some people will come up with the most ridiculous arguments to make the case, but it always sounds utterly fucking retarded with each and every attempt.

A cult? I'm in a cult because I don't believe in god? It's fucking senseless, irrational and the claim has no definitive foundation. It's a nice thing to tell themselves, and nothing more.
"It seems to me a certainty, that the fatalistic teachings of the prophet Muhammed and the utter degradation of women is the outstanding cause for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing". General George Patton, WW2

Last edited by the demon; 04-05-2015 at 02:56 AM.
the demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:06 AM   #184
the demon
Conservative Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Tan View Post
I wouldn't say it's a 'religion', at least in the traditional sense.

It is however, a cult just like any other. This cult is motivated... motivated, defined in the sense that it is 'given life' through its sermons defining the alleged 'nothingness' that its followers (atheists) believe is the centerpiece of all other traditional religions, and the difference that is a belief system that is 'atheism', the belief in 'somethingness' however defined.

The cultishness comes into 'it' when atheists get all pissy and attempt to defend (it) and differentiate that it is not an alternative belief system to other 'religions', when in fact it is.
That, in my opinion is the definition of a cult.
That same thing could be said of all beliefs. If you're a fisherman, then you're in a fishing cult. It's motivated, they congregate on boats regularly, giving life to each moment. They catch a fish and then proceed to go through the typical 'ritual' of cleaning it. lol

the belief in 'somethingness'? What is this somethingness'? And if we define a cult by the motivation to simply 'debate' against a belief system, then I guess that could literally apply to absolutely any debate we have ever discussed.

So getting pissy and arguing against an ideology is the definition of a cult? What dictionary are you reading my friend? By that logic, if I obsessively oppose the idea that Iran should obtain a nuclear weapon (and I do), does that mean I'm a part of some elaborate anti-nuclear Iran cult lol?

None of it makes a lick of sense when people try and explain why believing in no god, is a religion or cult.bjust another example of religiously motivated people trying to impose yet another ideology on the 'evil unbeliever'.
"It seems to me a certainty, that the fatalistic teachings of the prophet Muhammed and the utter degradation of women is the outstanding cause for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing". General George Patton, WW2

Last edited by the demon; 04-05-2015 at 03:09 AM.
the demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #185
sprodge
edgy hipster

sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!sprodge is a forum GOD!!
Points: 76,270,675, Level: 100 Points: 76,270,675, Level: 100 Points: 76,270,675, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

Sublime.
sprodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #186
kasheku
LiveLeaker

kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

everyone wants answers but nobody believes a thing.

sounds right?