Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Member Support > Misc

Old 10-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
k88n
Vagiterian.

k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!
Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100 Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100 Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuzz View Post
I am interested in starting a business. According to the US Small Business Administration (and everybody else) I need to start by making a business plan. OK, that's a given.

Next I should look for counseling and training... but who can I trust?

My business idea is for a product and service that (as far as I can tell) is not being provided by anybody else at this time. How can I be sure that my mentor won't steal my idea?

(and yes I think my idea is that good)
You got an idea, great.

You got an business plan, great.

But do you have a market? Great ideas have gone to shit because no one was willing to buy it. Is there a reason no one else provides a similar/the same product as you?

Assume you have a market let's continue:

Now you need to start looking at value chains. That is how you will make money ( or how the books call it : create value for the costumer and business).

( this is a very short version, basic shit. However if you want to learn more I bet the local library got tons on these subjects. Test is up to you).

1. What do you need to produce your product. ( all parties involved up until you got the product).

2. What do you need to store the product before you sell it. (stock etc etc)

3. What do you need to deliver the product to the costumers. ( all parties involved).

Now that you got your value chain or chains. You can start to analyze this to optimize the process. What you you might wanna look at:

First of course is that you are on plus and not on minus at the end of the chain.

The parties involved in any given chain. Do they have a big or small influence? Do they sell the same to many or only to few? Are the thing they're doing hard to copy (maybe we can do it ourselves cheaper and jump over this step?).

Are we selling to other businesses we need to do that last step in reverse order. Howe easy is it for our costumer to get rid of us? And instead do it in-house?

This all will what muscle you can use to press the cost down.

How hard is it to copy what you are doing? Should you perue patents? In how many countries?

You might wanna read about ( assuming you know basic economy debit/credit and all that boring stuff documenting)

Business strategy. Business Organization. Business promotion and marketing. Business value chains.

Feel free to drop a question. I've studied too much of these topics without sharing what I know.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #22
k88n
Vagiterian.

k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!
Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100 Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100 Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
You need to think about an important part of your busines model. How are you going to expand/distribute. For example, Walmart uses reverse hierarchical diffusion.
Heh, I always thought they were operating a model more like:

Open big ass walmart near small towns with prices no one can compete with and see the town businesses die.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #23
Saturn6
LiveLeaker

Saturn6 On the road to addiction
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Default starting a business

IF you are starting a business using a new idea, process or concept, I strongly advise checking it against current patents, to see if it is already registered. Your idea might be classified as Intellectual Property by someone else.

This is especially true if you plan on sinking a lot of money into it. You might loose it all if you don't.

Best idea though, don't bother. Starting a business today here in the US is nearly impossible. I've been through it several times and it's just not worth it anymore, unless you got something so hot, you'll make tons of money off it almost instantly.

You can be sure too, that the Chinese will reverse engineer your new product your selling within a few years, if that is what you are doing, change it slightly and bypass the patent process, produce it and undercut your prices.

Ever notice in Harbor Freight all of the Chinese-Made knockoffs of quality american tools, etc? This is exactly the type of products that I'm pointing to. And, the list is endless.
Saturn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #24
Bruce_ex_Machina
LiveLeaker

Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!Bruce_ex_Machina is a forum GOD!!
Points: 10,970,986, Level: 100 Points: 10,970,986, Level: 100 Points: 10,970,986, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuzz View Post
I am interested in starting a business. According to the US Small Business Administration (and everybody else) I need to start by making a business plan. OK, that's a given.

Next I should look for counseling and training... but who can I trust?

My business idea is for a product and service that (as far as I can tell) is not being provided by anybody else at this time. How can I be sure that my mentor won't steal my idea?

(and yes I think my idea is that good)
I have had many a good idea I didn't want to tell others about. I never followed through with them. I really should one day. What does it cost to patent an idea, $3000 bucks now a days?

I'd probably talk to an attorney if I was to do anything first.