Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > General Military Discussion

Old 06-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #11
thepittman
Go Buccos

thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!thepittman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,448,411, Level: 100 Points: 2,448,411, Level: 100 Points: 2,448,411, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
PAK-FA is not outdated.
PAK-FA is like a bead necklace to the native americans. Pretty but nothing impressive except to the idiots that buy them.
"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."
John Adams
thepittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #12
Shizzah
Dumpster Diving

Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!
Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepittman View Post
PAK-FA is like a bead necklace to the native americans. Pretty but nothing impressive except to the idiots that buy them.
I'd still prefer a PAK-FA over a stripped down JSF anytime, anywhere unless you can bring up some substance that backs up your 'point'
Shizzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt88 View Post
Anyone doubting this plane is going to be rudely awakened in the coming months, the f35 is coming to Tucson soon to base at Davis monthan.
I doubt it can do what the makers say it can do. I'm sure it will more than capably replace the F-16, but it's when they say it's going to replace the F/A-18 and A-10 is when I get my doubts up. It will never be able to replace the A-10 and as for the F/A-18 I have trouble with a single engine stealth plane on the deck of a carrier. Trying to replace the A-10 with the F-35 is like replacing the Abrams with the Bradly, and having two engines on a navy plane is almost a necessity because of the vast distances over water the have to travel should one engine go out and on takeoff so you don't have to ditch if your one and only engine flames out. There is a reason we have so many different planes for specific roles and that is because you get the most out of a plane when you design it for it's intended role, when you make it have various roles you have to make compromises that degrade it's ability for specific tasks.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~

Last edited by SHUTUPANDTHINK; 06-16-2010 at 06:48 PM.
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100

Quote:
I'd still prefer a PAK-FA over a stripped down JSF anytime, anywhere unless you can bring up some substance that backs up your 'point'
What makes you think they would sell their plane with their advanced avionces to a western country? I'm sure they would be worried it might fall into American hands jsut as we are worried our tech might fall into the Russian hands. Your best option is to do what Israel does and make your own Avionics that suit your needs, that way regardless of what plane you choose you have top notch avionics.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #15
Shizzah
Dumpster Diving

Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!
Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK View Post
What makes you think they would sell their plane with their advanced avionces to a western country? I'm sure they would be worried it might fall into American hands jsut as we are worried our tech might fall into the Russian hands. Your best option is to do what Israel does and make your own Avionics that suit your needs, that way regardless of what plane you choose you have top notch avionics.
I'm not saying Russia would do that, I can't be sure.. but America ally to my country for over 400 years does not trust us with their technology but still wants us to help invest in the aircraft. that's what bothers me.
Shizzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #16
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

Quote:
I'm not saying Russia would do that, I can't be sure.. but America ally to my country for over 400 years does not trust us with their technology but still wants us to help invest in the aircraft. that's what bothers me.
Very true, I would be pissed too.