Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > General Military Discussion

Old 06-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
roughsleeper
Dumpster Diving

roughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legend
Default Kim Jong-il Demands Fighter Jets from China

Quote:
Jun. 17, 2010 09:25 KST
North Korea asked China to provide it with the latest J-10 fighter jets and other hardware but was rejected, it emerged Wednesday.

According to a high-ranking source in the North, North Korean leader Kim Jong-il made the request to Chinese President Hu Jintao when he visited China in early May. But Hu apparently told Kim that China will protect and support him if attacked.

Observers guess this is the reason why Kim left a day earlier than scheduled.

One North Korean defector who used to be a high-ranking official said, "Kim is increasingly afraid of an attack by South Korean and U.S. forces" following the North's sinking of the South Korean Navy corvette in March. The North Korean leader therefore wanted to get his hands on the latest Chinese fighter jets to counter South Korea's F-15 and F-16 fighter planes.

"Kim wouldn't have visited China with such a large entourage if he merely wanted economic assistance," the defector said. Another North Korean defector and former soldier said Pyongyang may have bolstered its so-called asymmetric warfare capabilities by strengthening special forces "but still lags behind South Korea in terms of naval and air force capabilities and feels threatened."

There is speculation that North Korea is forced to lean on China because it does not have the money to buy expensive Sukhoi fighters from Russia.
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...061700535.html

indecently, the j-10 is a knock off of a Lavi, and a Lavi is a knock off of a mirage and a mirage is a knock off of a german ww2 stealth fighter and a german ww2 stealth fighter is a knock off of a sopwith camel etc etc etc
roughsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Thanks for the article, I missed this one.

Just one correction. The Lavi is a knock off of an F-16. Israel decided to develop a "super" F-16 but gave up under US presure. Then they sold one of the prototypes and the plans to China. And that's how the J-10 came about.

All three of them look very similar, the somewhat delta wing being the major difference between F-16 and Lavi.

Or maybe you were thinking of the Kfir which is indeed based on the Mirage.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
roughsleeper
Dumpster Diving

roughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legendroughsleeper practically a forum legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
Thanks for the article, I missed this one.

Just one correction. The Lavi is a knock off of an F-16. Israel decided to develop a "super" F-16 but gave up under US presure. Then they sold one of the prototypes and the plans to China. And that's how the J-10 came about.

All three of them look very similar, the somewhat delta wing being the major difference between F-16 and Lavi.

Or maybe you were thinking of the Kfir which is indeed based on the Mirage.
lavi has a bit of mirage and iron eagle innit, no doubt Interlectual Property ruined the program. them nasa boys made an f-16 wif full delta config didnt they, cant remember what that was about.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughsleeper View Post
lavi has a bit of mirage and iron eagle innit, no doubt Interlectual Property ruined the program. them nasa boys made an f-16 wif full delta config didnt they, cant remember what that was about.
Was that the German/American X-plane? Can't remember what it's called, I think is was a STOL test bed.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
roughsleeper
Dumpster Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
Was that the German/American X-plane? Can't remember what it's called, I think is was a STOL test bed.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
figatova
LiveLeaker

That's the one! Interesting they say the pilot should have been able to regain control by overriding the computer system. I does look like he bailed out a bit early.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Shizzah
Dumpster Diving

Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!
Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I rock the world in a J-10 on BF2 so I understand why kim wants them now aswell

Last edited by Shizzah; 06-18-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Shizzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
roughsleeper
Dumpster Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
I rock the world in a J-10 on BF2 so I understand why kim wants them now aswell
i prefer putting c4 on the runway and blowing them up when they take off but often i just slap one or two on the rear left engine exhaust nozzle and wait till the jet performs high G left turn and kaboom that puppy goes into the mountains. when i get bored of that i just strap c4 to me US special forces fast buggy in gulf of oman map and drive around really fast until i find a target eg tank/atv/soldiers and bail out 3 seconds before i detonate the bomb buggy and piss eveybody on red team off.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
Shizzah
Dumpster Diving

Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!
Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
i prefer putting c4 on the runway and blowing them up when they take off but often i just slap one or two on the rear left engine exhaust nozzle and wait till the jet performs high G left turn and kaboom that puppy goes into the mountains. when i get bored of that i just strap c4 to me US special forces fast buggy in gulf of oman map and drive around really fast until i find a target eg tank/atv/soldiers and bail out 3 seconds before i detonate the bomb buggy and piss eveybody on red team off.
hehe yes yes good times
Shizzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
I think you mean the F-16XL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16XL
F-16xl.jpg600px-F-16XL_loaded_with_500lb_bombs.jpg762px-F-16_and_F-16XL_aerial_top_down_view.jpg

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote