Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #41
Yehudah
LiveLeaker

Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,414,226, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,226, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,226, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShrodingersBox View Post
I simply preempted the 'God clause' which allows the theist to toss the unnecessarily mysterious nature of God as a rebuttal to every fallacy.
And this is why we won't debate: Being disrespectful of my position isn't a good start.

Quote:
While arguing with a theist the cards will always be stacked against the non-theist.
Really? Not only will you not debate properly, you and your friends out number me vastly. How does that equal cards stacked against you?

Quote:
One side is arguing from a place of organic logic, the other from a place of supernatural witchcraft.
Really, define witchcraft for me. Another problem for you, understanding what words mean.

Quote:
It's nearly impossible to have a discussion with anybody who feels that the bible is academic source material and that every inconsistency, every hypocrisy, every criticism of the bible can be rationalized.
It's more impossible for me to have a discussion with someone like you because your mind is closed to even the possiblity of being wrong - on anything.

As a relgious Jew, I"m always open to the concept that my idea of something I believe could be either wrong or need tweaking. Ramban proved this, so did R'Luzatto and many others.

Two Jews, three opinions.. or so goes the saying.

So you are wrong on all accounts.

Want to debate or have a discussion? Then approach it in an adult fashion and I'll participate. Otherwise, your jabs and disrespect won't go anywhere.
Yehudah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #42
Yehudah
LiveLeaker

Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!Yehudah is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,414,226, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,226, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,226, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Compare God's first law with man's and note how man's is superior as they center on others and not on one's self.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

Regards
DL
Which set of laws; Noah's or the 10 Commandments?

Funny that you should say this. Judaism is based on the treatment of others. A very famous Rabbi was asked to teach Torah to a goy. The Rabbi turned to him and said, "Be kind to others, the rest is just commentary.".
Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #43
Yehudah
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Would you vote to live under God's laws?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2_LqOS3uo

Regards
DL
Again with the youtube videos, lol. What a joke.

I live under G-ds laws now.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #44
Yehudah
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Moses named him I am.

Was Moses a bad Jew?

Regards
DL
Your are incorrect as usual. Moses, as great a Prophet and Rabbi as he was, never named G-d anything. Show me what verse you are choosing to bastardize so I can properly refute it.

...and no.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #45
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 12,219,001, Level: 100 Points: 12,219,001, Level: 100 Points: 12,219,001, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
Your are incorrect as usual. Moses, as great a Prophet and Rabbi as he was, never named G-d anything. Show me what verse you are choosing to bastardize so I can properly refute it.

...and no.
If you know it is bastadized then you know where it is.
Or don't you know the story?

You say above that you wish to debate yet you run from two issues that we could tackle.
Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #46
Yehudah
LiveLeaker

Quote:
If you know it is bastadized then you know where it is.
Or don't you know the story?

You say above that you wish to debate yet you run from two issues that we could tackle.
Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL
Are you really that disingenuous? You say something that is incorrect, yet you won't provide me with exactly where you say it comes from. Do I know what you are talking about, surely. Are you correct? Absolutely not. Am I going to prove it to you by quoting chapter and verse? Nope. Why? Because it's incumbent on your to prove your point, not for me to research it and disprove it without your sources.

Serious non-debating skillage.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #47
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 12,219,001, Level: 100 Points: 12,219,001, Level: 100 Points: 12,219,001, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
Are you really that disingenuous? You say something that is incorrect, yet you won't provide me with exactly where you say it comes from. Do I know what you are talking about, surely. Are you correct? Absolutely not. Am I going to prove it to you by quoting chapter and verse? Nope. Why? Because it's incumbent on your to prove your point, not for me to research it and disprove it without your sources.

Serious non-debating skillage.
What a waste of time you are.
How can you know it is not correct if you do not know the story?

Exodus Chapter 11 שְׁמוֹת
א וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֶל-מֹשֶׁה, עוֹד נֶגַע אֶחָד אָבִיא עַל-פַּרְעֹה וְעַל-מִצְרַיִם--אַחֲרֵי-כֵן, יְשַׁלַּח אֶתְכֶם מִזֶּה: כְּשַׁלְּחוֹ--כָּלָה, גָּרֵשׁ יְגָרֵשׁ אֶתְכֶם מִזֶּה. י וּמֹשֶׁה וְאַהֲרֹן, עָשׂוּ אֶת-כָּל-הַמֹּפְתִים הָאֵלֶּה--לִפְנֵי פַרְעֹה; וַיְחַזֵּק יְהוָה אֶת-לֵב פַּרְעֹה, וְלֹא-שִׁלַּח אֶת-בְּנֵי-יִשְׂרָאֵל מֵאַרְצוֹ. lolpwnedlolpwnedס} 10 And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go out of his land. {S}

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #48
Yehudah
LiveLeaker

Quote:
What a waste of time you are.
How can you know it is not correct if you do not know the story?

Exodus Chapter 11 שְׁמוֹת
א וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֶל-מֹשֶׁה, עוֹד נֶגַע אֶחָד אָבִיא עַל-פַּרְעֹה וְעַל-מִצְרַיִם--אַחֲרֵי-כֵן, יְשַׁלַּח אֶתְכֶם מִזֶּה: כְּשַׁלְּחוֹ--כָּלָה, גָּרֵשׁ יְגָרֵשׁ אֶתְכֶם מִזֶּה. י וּמֹשֶׁה וְאַהֲרֹן, עָשׂוּ אֶת-כָּל-הַמֹּפְתִים הָאֵלֶּה--לִפְנֵי פַרְעֹה; וַיְחַזֵּק יְהוָה אֶת-לֵב פַּרְעֹה, וְלֹא-שִׁלַּח אֶת-בְּנֵי-יִשְׂרָאֵל מֵאַרְצוֹ. lolpwnedlolpwnedס} 10 And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go out of his land. {S}

Regards
DL
What specifically do these pasukim have to do with your claim that Moshe Rabbeinu named Hashem "I Am"?

Btw, nice c/p - chabad.org? LOL
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #49
seanjo
LiveLeaker

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 558,465,579, Level: 100 Points: 558,465,579, Level: 100 Points: 558,465,579, Level: 100
Activity: 92%
Activity: 92% Activity: 92% Activity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
If there were in any believers living by god's laws they would be either in jail or locked up in a mental institution.
Or they would be a gulf state or Iran, or the Sudan.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #50
Yehudah
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjo View Post
Or they would be a gulf state or Iran, or the Sudan.
Right, so every religious Jew in the world should be put in jail, an institution, or a gulf state...... brilliant. You guys should room together.