Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > General Military Discussion

Old 01-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #31
lipskip
Fucking Up The Program

lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100
Activity: 93%
Activity: 93% Activity: 93% Activity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK View Post
Who is talking about good old days, I'm talking about how your knowledge and skills are not the determining factor in every case. The Army for instance has a different set of physical standards for men Vs. women, same goes for fire departments and Police departments. Why have different standards if they are expected to do the job equally? Why do some schools offer scholarships to minorities with lower GPAs than white students applying at the same time, because they're taking race into consideration. Why is BET allowed to hand out awards only to Black entertainers? Why is there a Black congressional caucus? Why are women not allowed onto a professional sports team? Sure Sally can't dunk a basketball, but she has other skills to offer the team right? Why do the Olympics still separate events by gender? Why aren't Asians boycotting the Oscars? Why are Eskimos not offered more leading roles in movies? Why do black lives only matter when a White person takes one? Why is it ok for black rappers to talk shit about white folks, or black comedians allowed to make racial jokes, but when a white person does something similar they are racist. Why is wearing a Brown Pride T-shirt considered supporting your people? Why is their a Black history Month? Why at certain sports stadiums is there Hispanic heritage days?

It's simply retarded, there are and have been great black actors, there also was a time when there was great white basketball players. Currently though most of the great actors are white and most of the great basketball players are black. It's nobodies fault and we can't pretend that Dicaprio with a little training could drain 3 point shots at will, or Steph Curry Could play a leading role in a great drama with a few acting classes. Nor can we pretend that a man can give birth to a child if we just cut off his balls and give him a flesh pocket. Ronda Rousey would get her ass beat by most male MMA fighters, it not her fault we are simply made differently. You can't fit a square peg in a round hole unless you cut off the corners, then it is no longer a square peg. Just calling something what it is not, does not make it what you want it to be.

Hire people for what they can do. Award people for what they have done.

Allowing a person where they don't belong simply because of their skin color is as racist as not allowing a person where they belong because of their skin color.

Awards skill not skin.
Like I said, it definitely morphed into something broken, but as yours and so many other's rhetoric about the subject plays out it soon becomes apparent that without some form of protection we'd be right back where we were in the pre-civil rights days where sports were boring and wooden and black actors could either be a street hood or a train conductor or something without it.

I don't know the answer. It doesn't seem to be quotas or bell curves or whatever, but there is an answer. It's probably education or enlightenment in general, but it definitely ain't just letting things go back to pre-1960 America.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:26 PM   #32
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipskip View Post
Like I said, it definitely morphed into something broken, but as yours and so many other's rhetoric about the subject plays out it soon becomes apparent that without some form of protection we'd be right back where we were in the pre-civil rights days where sports were boring and wooden and black actors could either be a street hood or a train conductor or something without it.

I don't know the answer. It doesn't seem to be quotas or bell curves or whatever, but there is an answer. It's probably education or enlightenment in general, but it definitely ain't just letting things go back to pre-1960 America.
That's bullshit. We have come a long way. People are not nearly as racist as they once where. A man of any color can use any bathroom or drink from any water fountain. A man of any color can apply for any job. The problem now lies in the fact that schools, corporations and governments are filling their ranks as if they are making a box of crayons and need one of every color. When I need a knife to cut something I look for the sharpest one, I don't take into consideration whether or not the handle is black or white, because dull knives of any color are worthless.

ďIf you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.Ē ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #33
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Quote:
That's an asinine, racist, and completely skewed definition of affirmative action.

Sure. Let's pine away for the good ol' days when bein' a darkie or a skirt was good enough to disqualify you from a job.

It may have morphed into something broken, but it didn't come about because there wasn't a need.

On a slightly humorous and ironic aside, my spellchecker insisted on turning 'darkie' into 'Darius'.
Isn't it racist to assume that all white businesses are racist and must be mandated to hire in a certain way?

The Taliban decimated the virgin 6 year old community... we all suffer - Dat

Being an atheist is not a choice. It's a default state of mind.
ThisisnotChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #34
lipskip
Fucking Up The Program

lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisisnotChad View Post
Isn't it racist to assume that all white businesses are racist and must be mandated to hire in a certain way?
Don't feed me that bullshit. You know full well that small businesses are exempt from 'quotas' and such.

When a bunch of privileged white assholes start complaining about an attempt to fix a racist problem by accusing the solution of being racist is fucking ridiculous.

Oddly enough they're generally the same people that think killing people is a good way to show that killing people is wrong.

Yeah yeah, I know. You lost a contract to a black guy because he was black. Boo fucking hoo. Cry me a river.

Fact is, without any protection the white businesses that were previously forced to hire a certain percentage of minorities would now hire none, because of injustice and stuff.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:04 PM   #35
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100

Quote:
Don't feed me that bullshit. You know full well that small businesses are exempt from 'quotas' and such.

When a bunch of privileged white assholes start complaining about an attempt to fix a racist problem by accusing the solution of being racist is fucking ridiculous.

Oddly enough they're generally the same people that think killing people is a good way to show that killing people is wrong.

Yeah yeah, I know. You lost a contract to a black guy because he was black. Boo fucking hoo. Cry me a river.

Fact is, without any protection the white businesses that were previously forced to hire a certain percentage of minorities would now hire none, because of injustice and stuff.
Yea, so privileged. Sacrificing my time, my personal money to improve my standing, PRIVILEGE.

Your assumption that business owners won't hire black employees solely based on their race is asinine. Have you owned a business before? EVERY business owner hires based on what the return will be on that specific employee. That's the point of being in business, to make money.

If I got big enough and had to hire based on race, it would hurt my business model and therefore hurt me financially. I have black, Filipino, all kinds of Hispanic, white etc employees. I hired them on their experience, job history etc and keep them based on their production.

If I had to choose between someone with 10 years experience and no experience but am forced to hire the guy with no experience because he's a minority, how would that go over for me?

I'm sorry man but to say what you said is fucking absurd. To think that white people are inherently racist today because of the way people were 60 years ago. Just a huge unfounded generalization.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #36
lipskip
Fucking Up The Program

No, your stupid fucking GENERALIZATION that no minorities are ever qualified is unfounded.

The entire 'affirmative action' concept came about because it was PROVEN AS FACT that minorities that WERE QUALIFIED were being passed over simply based on race. To argue this point is retarded. It's a FACT. Another FACT is that it morphed into bullshit. Another FACT is that if all protections were removed altogether we'd soon be back to certain companies only hiring whites regardless of THEIR qualifications.

Another funny thing about privilege is that those that have it the most, deny it the most. You evaded a previous query by me as to how you got in the position you're in now. You most CERTAINLY didn't start a grassroots lemonade stand as a teenager and turned it into this thriving business of yours.... it was given to you. In some form or another, you got an inheritance or a family member turned over to you a business that you have since successfully run. You can say anything you want, but I've been on this planet a little longer than you and I've seen it numerous times, people omitting certain details about their status that points to them not quite being the financial genius they make themselves out to be but rather an entitled trust fund baby that followed good advice after receiving a windfall.

I'm not taking anything away from you, just asking that you keep it real to some extent. You DIDN'T build your empire from the ground up. You hit the ground running.

Privilege.

You gonna deny it?
Old 01-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #37
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

Quote:
No, your stupid fucking GENERALIZATION that no minorities are ever qualified is unfounded.

The entire 'affirmative action' concept came about because it was PROVEN AS FACT that minorities that WERE QUALIFIED were being passed over simply based on race. To argue this point is retarded. It's a FACT. Another FACT is that it morphed into bullshit. Another FACT is that if all protections were removed altogether we'd soon be back to certain companies only hiring whites regardless of THEIR qualifications.

Another funny thing about privilege is that those that have it the most, deny it the most. You evaded a previous query by me as to how you got in the position you're in now. You most CERTAINLY didn't start a grassroots lemonade stand as a teenager and turned it into this thriving business of yours.... it was given to you. In some form or another, you got an inheritance or a family member turned over to you a business that you have since successfully run. You can say anything you want, but I've been on this planet a little longer than you and I've seen it numerous times, people omitting certain details about their status that points to them not quite being the financial genius they make themselves out to be but rather an entitled trust fund baby that followed good advice after receiving a windfall.

I'm not taking anything away from you, just asking that you keep it real to some extent. You DIDN'T build your empire from the ground up. You hit the ground running.

Privilege.

You gonna deny it?
Who said they're unqualified? I'm using it as an example of forced hiring practices. I hire ALL races, religions, sexual orientations.....as long as the INDIVIDUAL is a fit for my company. You keep assuming things that aren't true.

Empire? I run a small business doing a few million a year in sales. I come from a unique neighborhood where 3/4's of the homeowners were business owners. Every one of my friends parents owned their own business, including my dad and stepmom. He used to own a bunch of hot trucks that went out to construction sites. I thought I would work for him but he didn't want me to (wanted me to go to school but I didn't want to) so he paid me $180/wk until I quit.

I filed a dba in 2003, was in business a year and went under. Total investment was $5000. I tried something else in 2004, failed. I tried again and finally got some contracts together and took loans against everything I could. I finally got a major deal, took a loan against my house and had it paid back within 6 months, business is going good.

I invested a lot of my money and it paid off and that's given me a buffer on life. Got lucky in the stock market in 2009 and haven't done it since 2011.

Some shit happened with an employee and the business I was doing with the airlines didn't want drama and damn near out of business again. Opened up a phone store, hated it and shut it down within a year. Went back to doing what I succeeded at initially and here I am, years later in the industry with a ton of contacts who know they can call on.

It takes time and sacrifice and I've lost out on a lot more than I've been able to do because of your progressive fairness. I complain but I still move forward.

Run a business and then tell me about privilege. You know who the last person to get paid here is? ME. You know who loses money during the holidays while everyone else gets a little bonus, ME. You know who gets sued when a driver does something wreckless, ME. You know who gets sued when someone thinks they can get a payday by filing a frivolous lawsuit, ME.

Shut the fuck up with that privilege bullshit. I didn't go to school and party, work for someone with paid vacation, holidays, sick days, emergency days etc. I broke 3 bones in my foot and was at work within 6 hours. I haven't had a week off since 2008. Keep telling me how privileged I am. My girl wants to go on a honeymoon when we get married but it'll have to be Friday after 6 and back by Sunday.

That's the price I pay for my, "privilege". I love hearing that shit from people who work 40 hour weeks. Tomorrows Saturday, guess where I'll be.

Last edited by ThisisnotChad; 01-29-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #38
lipskip
Fucking Up The Program

^^^ Fair enough.

Thanks for the honest reply. You never answered me before so I assumed incorrectly.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #39
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

Quote:
^^^ Fair enough.

Thanks for the honest reply. You never answered me before so I assumed incorrectly.
If I didn't answer, it's because I didn't see the question.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #40
lipskip
Fucking Up The Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisisnotChad View Post
If I didn't answer, it's because I didn't see the question.
No worries. I can be confrontational sometimes, but it's usually only to spur honest dialogue, not the mealy mouthed crap most people take for honest dialogue these days.

At least I didn't call you a cunt, ehh?