Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Other conflicts

Old 04-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #11
tarnoch
Red, Blue, and White

tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!tarnoch is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,554,826, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,554,826, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,554,826, Level: 100
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeblee View Post
I have no idea what Obama is doing, cutting military spending while getting into more shit, with shit starting around him ie. Crimea. To me that does not makes sense.
I feel the USA would benefit from a more isolationist approach esp from a military standpoint, but with bases scattered through out the world, there is little hope of that.
Maybe a less aggressive approach, and a humanitarian one, I would have been all for finding a way to save the over 140 000 dead in Syria, just not the way the west was gonna go about it.
I am sick of the lies, going on for so long now.
We don't need a big military anymore, we got this.

“A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“As long as you still experience the stars as something "above you", you lack the eye of knowledge.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
tarnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #12
smeblee
Dumpster Diving

smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,544,432, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,544,432, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,544,432, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnoch View Post
We don't need a big military anymore, we got this.

But the way the US goes about business, you do, and will..imo
Unless you have a massive shift in policy or some financial crisis, I can not see it changing. Russia is making moves into the 'capitalist' side of business, while still in the shadow of the iron curtain. USA has old ties still strong with Riyadh.

Ottoman empire, Roman empire, British empire etc etc.

The USA is an empire, easy to find and hit weak points ,military spread around the globe, something will give. The US public will not stand for a war of attrition.
Why Kerry and co. need to be hesitant to say they will send in SF's, every man and his dog will be after a USSF scalp, and what side will Kerry chose. Al Nusra and ISIS are infighting, the US back any faction these boys are not friendly with, the shit is gonna hit the fan.
Syria has a decent missile defence shield, a lot of things to consider here.

Last edited by smeblee; 04-08-2014 at 06:24 PM.
smeblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #13
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemom View Post
This is the same John Kerry who was an anti-Viet Nam war activist in his youth. The same John Kerry who told students in a speech a few years ago that they should stay in school and learn to be smart, so they don't end up in Iraq.

This is very similar to how the U.S. started its involvement in Viet Nam, and now Kerry is advocating for it. ...

Well he certainly had a clear and forceful strategy for destroying the Libyan government. That turned out real well, didn't it? ...

My concern is that this administration could make some idiotic moves just to "look strong." Moves that take another step towards our next war.
Now hold on there. What I said, I said when the nation needed to hear it. It was right at the time. This administration faces new challenges. New threats. And we must be strong....

(Funny how they change their tune once they sit in the chair themselves. The power must be intoxicating, eh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeblee View Post
Obama is following this plan..

Now it's Syria's turn.
Hope and Change marching "Forward"...

So how is President #44 different from #43. Aside from being black, that is...?
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote