Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Entertainment > Movies and Television

Old 12-19-2016, 10:02 PM   #21
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
I was going by the clip..you see him..then the planes strafing the columns of soldiers...IF hes German..you owe me 10 pastys...but cos i is speshul..i owe yoo nuffin...if hes a Brit...
The clip with Hardy in has an ME109 being shot at (and is smoking) by a Spitfire.

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Abraham Lincoln
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:19 AM   #22
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Here's the original 1958 movie, with input from soldiers that were actually there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051565/

No CGI, or blue screen to dazzle, just real people and machines recreating what happened

I couldn't find any good clips of this old movie on utuber....

So I'll give you this......

BurntBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:16 AM   #23
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Saw it yesterday. Well done. Great film. Obviously the Director and Producer wanted to highlight the personal experiences of that ordeal: the general malaise of fear each man feels hanging in the air, coalescing into a pinpoint of winged bomber dropping down onto them before retiring for an unpredictable return... the feelings of isolation each man feels in the midst of an enormous crowd of men who are just as focused on getting out as you are... the quiet purr of flight interrupted only by the electric voices of your mates on the radio and the rattling of your guns as the sea below impassively watches your life or death maneuvering... the same waves that break across kids' ankles as they throw sticks for their dogs, caressing lovers' calves walking in each others' touches, breaking against the chests of men wearing their gear frantically trying to launch boats into the surf before the bullets start killing them any time now, men who have never before in their lives tried to launch a boat into a line of surf... the sick feeling that until you reach the other side of the Channel you are borrowing every breath from Lady Luck, and she obviously has turned her cold shoulder to you and everyone else on this side of the Channel in favor of the Germans who are coming... You are being hunted, and there isn't a thing you can do but run....and then pray for the boats while you wait at the edge of the sea.

No epic battle scenes, just men desperate for evacuation and airmen (Spitfire pilots) trying to beat back the Luftwaffe from picking off men and ships like gulls picking off baby turtles trying to make it from sandy beach to sea and home. I think the movie was great, but it would have been even better if it had included flashbacks from selected characters showing the mauling at the hands of the unstoppable Blitzkrieg that had driven them all to the shore at Dunkirk. It would have explained the mens' sense of unquestioned defeat and let the audience understand the nature of the monster sniffing for more blood outside the battered perimeter. The combined arms destruction of Blitzkrieg crushed the people of Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Yugoslavia, North Africa, and half of Russia before the avalanche reached its limit. In 1940 the Germans were unstoppable. The men at Dunkirk were the remnants of units of men chewed into bleeding shit after 16 days of panzers, Stukas, and their commanders yelling "WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK!?!" into their radios at their dying French allies. Flashback scenes of the carnage and hopeless slaughter would have sharpened the sense of urgency and desperation to be understood by the audience.

I salute the men who steered their own private boats across the Channel into mortal danger with no protection whatsoever to bring their men back home. What guts. What balls. Most other nations would have crumbled. Lots of other nations did. The film highlights what it was like to be on the Allied side before the Americans joined the fight.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...se-to-disaster

Number of British soldiers evacuated in course of Operation Dynamo: about 185,000

Number of French soldiers evacuated during Operation Dynamo: about 121,000

Additional British and French wounded evacuated: about 7,000

Number of destroyers put out of action during Operation Dynamo: 25

Total number of ships put out of action during Operation Dynamo: at least 170

Total of soldiers evacuated: at least 315,000

British casualties during fighting in France and Belgium: about 66,000

French casualties: approaching 300,000

Belgian casualties: about 23,000

Dutch casualties: about 10,000

German casualties: about 155,000

Number of British planes lost during fighting in France and Belgium: about 930,
including about 475 fighters.
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME

Last edited by ericredbeard; 08-03-2017 at 07:41 AM.
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:38 AM   #24
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKatheist View Post
I floss my backside with a towel after a shower, does that count?
You floss your camel toe with a towel in the shower?

WTF?! This is about Dunkirk, not pincer movements in the Battle of the Hot Gates (Thermopylae).
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #25
gerryowen
Syriasly?

gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!gerryowen is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,531,107, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,531,107, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,531,107, Level: 100
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Saw it, pretty good, I think a coupla things were not quite accurate, but one thing really stands out, "nobody gets on a boat without a rifle", maybe that was one unit's policy, I had heard it was policy for the whole Brit Army during Dynamo.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #26
Yorkie
LiveLeaker

Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Saw it last weekend, a very British film. And was very impressed to say the least. Good to see the history shown of the RAF's involvement. Many had gone to their graves many years later still feeling the bitterness of not seeing the RAF without realising the RAF was involved in many dogfights out in the channel & inland.

What are you? Fucking high!? Chill out dude.~SgtRock
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote