Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Entertainment > Games

Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
keMo`
-0o-

keMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balance
Default Games (probably a stupid question)

There are three computer games I truly cherish:

1.) The Tomb Raider series
2.) Grim Fandango
3.) Multi-theft Auto (a hack of GTA SA)

But there are a few more games I love.

Multiplayer games like Checkers, Chess, Spades, Hearts, Backgammon etc. Microsoft bundled these multiplayer games into my OS (much to their credit), but left out the ability to connect directly with whomever you want to challenge. All you can do is connect anonymously and select from a drop-down list of pre-arranged replies.

Question is... how hard would it be to duplicate what Microsoft has done, but make it less anonymous?

Or - is there already a place on the 'net that lets you play these games while allowing you the personal touch of conversation, and keeps it simple?
IE: no registration, just sign in and play?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Tinbuk3
moot scoot'n boogie

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Why not just use what your using plus a chat? Or skipe?

I don't think it would be too difficult in the work department to do a site but the cost might set you back some for the server and to hire a staff to do the games.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
richy_dong

Ultimate Game Ever.........................

..................Final Fantasy VII for the PS1............quality
Old 01-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
Mangawitch
Second Best Welsh Tart!

Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!
Points: 409,802, Level: 91 Points: 409,802, Level: 91 Points: 409,802, Level: 91
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy_dong View Post

No kiddin Richy -lost a whole 3 months in that game...told work I was depressed....lol....well I was - depressed cos Emerald kept beating the crap out of me.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
dj-so-low

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolognaskins View Post
than Sega Genesis!!!

6-Button controllers and either Mortal Kombat II or Super Street Fighter 2.

NFL Football '95 was sweet.
Streets of Rage 3 kicked ass.

Since the death of Genesis (oxymoronic..wasn't that?), the game systems are too expensive, too addictive, and have WAY too much of a cult following. I find it hilarious that there are indeed Professional Gamers. Corporate sponsored kids playing games for endorsements and shit. WTF has the world come to? Remember when kids wanted to be astronauts, firemen, or athletes?

Bring back Atari 2600!
Yeah Logna, I'm with you oldschool baby......if you dig the genesis you should download a emulator.....google it pretty cool....
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
Mangawitch
Second Best Welsh Tart!

Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!Mangawitch is practically a forum god!
Points: 409,802, Level: 91 Points: 409,802, Level: 91 Points: 409,802, Level: 91
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Quote:
than Sega Genesis!!!

6-Button controllers and either Mortal Kombat II or Super Street Fighter 2.

NFL Football '95 was sweet.
Streets of Rage 3 kicked ass.

Since the death of Genesis (oxymoronic..wasn't that?), the game systems are too expensive, too addictive, and have WAY too much of a cult following. I find it hilarious that there are indeed Professional Gamers. Corporate sponsored kids playing games for endorsements and shit. WTF has the world come to? Remember when kids wanted to be astronauts, firemen, or athletes?

Bring back Atari 2600!
My very first system was the 2600 - Space Invaders and Combat! Still got it, still works.
Never had a Genesis - but MK on the Megadrive was excellent - I still say 'Finish Him!' at inappropriate moments....lol.

Moved up to the PS for Tekken and Wipeout!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
dj-so-low

Thanks for the link Roo, respect and good seeing you mate.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #8
keMo`
-0o-

keMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balancekeMo` is in the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLFM_Epsilon View Post
Msn, games + chat. (if you're worried about using a hotmail address for it just get a new live id and use that, you can swap from one user to another easily on msn without reentering passwords.)
Thanks, I'll try that
Old 01-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
dj-so-low

Quote:
Check THIS out....

http://www.pong-story.com/odyssey.htm

Odyssey was the SHIT!!
LOL.....damn Logna, I remember when I was 4 or 5 and getting one of those for christmas.....well it was more for my older sister but several times I had to bite the piss out of her to let me play....lol......damn has technology came a long way since then.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
sariel-777
Liveleaker VIP

Location: The Valley Of The Damned, South Wales, Great Britain
sariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legendsariel-777 is officially a forum legend
Points: 624,494, Level: 100 Points: 624,494, Level: 100 Points: 624,494, Level: 100
Activity: 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy_dong View Post

I played that for months on end....I really got into it and even cried when Aeris died. I got to the final battle and thought to myself "I'll finish this tomorrow". Woke up the following day to find that my 6 year old son had deleted ALL my FF7 saves to make way for something like Mickeys Magic Fucking Castle.....I was unable to speak for about a week.
sariel-777 is offline   Reply With Quote