Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Member Support > Misc

Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
seanjo
Comrade seanjo!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,738,299,116, Level: 100 Points: 1,738,299,116, Level: 100 Points: 1,738,299,116, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default RalinkAPS?

What is it? it shows up on my wireless connection instead of my router (Draytek Vigor) It didn't before, the only thing I have changed is my security from WEP to WPA2.

My main concern is that I may be getting hijacked in some way...any ideas experts?

I have Google'd it, but it's all black magic and gobblajuke to me!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
BILLYJACKONCRACK
No Not That Kinda Crack

BILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legend
Points: 232,414, Level: 68 Points: 232,414, Level: 68 Points: 232,414, Level: 68
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If you have your router "Secured" as in you need a password to gain access to it' then you should be fine. If your router is "open" no password, Then anyone within distance of you may be able to ride your wireless signal...
Old 06-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
lildan69us
my knickers are twisted.

lildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerlildan69us is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker
Points: 158,789, Level: 56 Points: 158,789, Level: 56 Points: 158,789, Level: 56

ralink is a brand of router could it be your neighbor has installed a new router and thats what your seeing...
generally a signal that is broadcasting in the mfg. name is not pass worded.

lildan69us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
philomath
Gettin jiggy witit

philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!
Points: 55,410,479, Level: 100 Points: 55,410,479, Level: 100 Points: 55,410,479, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjo View Post
What is it? it shows up on my wireless connection instead of my router (Draytek Vigor) It didn't before, the only thing I have changed is my security from WEP to WPA2.

My main concern is that I may be getting hijacked in some way...any ideas experts?

I have Google'd it, but it's all black magic and gobblajuke to me!
You are just fine. You're sporting at least vista unless you are running the driver for the AP for XP Pro(Access Point)

The act of going to wpa causes your terminal to communicate with its AP differently(Vastly more secure)

What you are seeing is the actual wireless connections addy id. AS in "RalinkAPS".. Ralink (Name of wireless transmitter bios/os --->>APS - ( Access point). The part of your routers software patched to its OS that allows you to have wireless communication.

OH, You can also change this from its default, in the routers wireless "ssid".

Philo Tip, its a good idea to block its broadcast id, makes for a much more secure wireless connection as well.

~And The Beat Goes On~

Last edited by philomath; 06-28-2010 at 03:11 PM.
philomath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
seanjo
Comrade seanjo!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,738,299,116, Level: 100 Points: 1,738,299,116, Level: 100 Points: 1,738,299,116, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYJACKONCRACK View Post
If you have your router "Secured" as in you need a password to gain access to it' then you should be fine. If your router is "open" no password, Then anyone within distance of you may be able to ride your wireless signal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildan69us View Post
ralink is a brand of router could it be your neighbor has installed a new router and thats what your seeing...
generally a signal that is broadcasting in the mfg. name is not pass worded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomath View Post
You are just fine. You're sporting at least vista unless you are running the driver for the AP for XP Pro(Access Point)

The act of going to wpa causes your terminal to communicate with its AP differently(Vastly more secure)

What you are seeing is the actual wireless connections addy id. AS in "RalinkAPS".. Ralink (Name of wireless transmitter bios/os --->>APS - ( Access point). The part of your routers software patched to its OS that allows you to have wireless communication.

OH, You can also change this from its default, in the routers wireless "ssid".

Philo Tip, its a good idea to block its broadcast id, makes for a much more secure wireless connection as well.
Cheers everyone, I think philo has the answer, thank you for the responses.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
BILLYJACKONCRACK
No Not That Kinda Crack

BILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legendBILLYJACKONCRACK practically a forum legend
Points: 232,414, Level: 68 Points: 232,414, Level: 68 Points: 232,414, Level: 68

Cool,Cool...