Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > North America

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #31
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post

but your posts, coming from the Islam apologists that you both are, wreak of hypocrisy ...
eh? did I miss the sarcasm?
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
TheEngineer
Mindless Asshole

TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,329,518,857, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,857, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,857, Level: 100
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
eh? did I miss the sarcasm?
you should probably reread the 1st part of my post that you didn't quote ...
TheEngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #33
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100

Quote:
you should probably reread the 1st part of my post that you didn't quote ...
ok =)
Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
TheEngineer
Mindless Asshole

TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,329,518,857, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,857, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,857, Level: 100
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
ok =)
The Mormons haven't affected my life too much ... yet ...

In my opinion, they are extremists who shouldn't be given too much power ... Utah is already a fucked place and the only state in the US that I will never visit again, no matter how awesome the physical place is ...

I don't think it is too far a reach that Muslims are gaining a foothold in Europe and will start affecting your rights as a non religious person ...
TheEngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #35
figatova
LiveLeaker

Quote:

I don't think it is too far a reach that Muslims are gaining a foothold in Europe and will start affecting your rights as a non religious person ...
I suppose anything is possible but so far I haven't seen anything even close to it. If any religious group is effectively trying to affect my rights that would be Christianity. See recent debate on abortion/education/gay marriage that has started again in Spain since the fascist right wing government won our last general elections.
Believe me, despite what the white supremacist crew that sometimes pops up in these forums might want you to believe, Muslims are the last of our worries over here.

Last edited by figatova; 04-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #36
UKatheist
mad as a clowns tadger

UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 418,959,296, Level: 100 Points: 418,959,296, Level: 100 Points: 418,959,296, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Yet again the old fart throws in the old bone of Stalin, here's a thing you dumb ignorant mechanic? (fucking grease monkey if you ask me) along with the requisite commissar that was attached to every unit in the Russian army there was also a Priest.

if anyone does live near this idiot do kick his fat backside while muttering dumb cunt please.
You are stupid like a cork!
UKatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #37
Churper
Paste. You must have some

Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!Churper is a forum GOD!!
Points: 44,602,588, Level: 100 Points: 44,602,588, Level: 100 Points: 44,602,588, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

I don't care if I see a cross on public lands, so long as it doesn't serve as the meeting point for chanting, brainwashing, and money grabbing of the religious types. But at least these atheists are using the courts. Christians are by far more ridiculous with their intolerant zeal.

Quote:
BALTIMORE, April 27, 2012—Baltimore is steeped in Catholic history. The Baltimore Archdiocese is the oldest Archdiocese in the United States, and the first American saint came from Baltimore (St. Elizabeth Ann Seton). The Catholic Church still plays a large role in the culture and politics of this unique city. But if it is one thing Baltimore can do, its poke fun at itself. Enter a small bar in the heart of the city, Ale Mary's.

The bar's name is a play on the ‘Hail Mary' prayer of Catholics, and the interior decorations take that theme even further. There are pictures of nun, a draft list posted on a hymn board, a bar decoration made from a communion plate, and chalices. Sacred items to one religion, but a unique bar decor for this small pub.

This is where this story should end. But thanks to the rise of social media, this small bar has become the target of protests and boycotts over its religious items and name. How the delayed sense of offense started, no one is sure, but recently a Facebook group called "500,000 Against Ale Mary's" started to attack the bar over its use of sacred objects.

From the Facebook page, "This group has been formed to protest, and make known, the deeply offensive and blasphemous use of sacred objects used in the Catholic Church in Her most profound rituals and liturgies by the bar Ale Mary located in Baltimore, Maryland."

The group goes on, "The owners and patrons of the bar, many of them professing Catholics, are not concerned about the deeply disrespectful ambiance of this place. It is no exaggeration to say that such use of these sacred objects is hostile to the Catholic Faith. In any other circumstance, no one would have thought about taking sacred furnishings, objects or writings and using them for profane purposes, decorations, and their intended purpose mocked."

The group has just under 1,100 members. However, what is most troubling is that a quick look at their members show that very few come from Maryland or Baltimore.

On a recent visit to the bar, the place was packed with patrons drinking local beers and eating such dishes as "Father Luies Grilled Wings" and "Father Tom's Fried Ice Cream Sundae." When asked about the controversy, owner Tom Rivers could only shake his head. "We have been here seven years, and only had one complaint." The recent protest seemed puzzling to him. He has saved emails correspondence and forum posts where people have threatened him, his family, and his business.

"Don't go to sleep. You never know when." One email simply stated. Mr. River just shook his head at the email.

What religious items have the protestors in such a furor? Items include a monstrance behind the bar, chalices used in a 'Chalice Club' promotion, holy water font used as a simple candy dish. All items were donated by customers. There is no denying that these items hold powerful symbolism to Catholics, and inside the Church setting are powerful reminders of the tenet of the Catholic Faith. But in a bar setting, they are decor. They are not used in rituals to blaspheme the church. Mock? Most certainly.

The protestors want the items returned to the church. They have organized protests outside the bar, and even suggested doing an exorcism on the sidewalk outside the bar. However, a recent protest showed just how much real muscle a social media group with members outside the city have - namely, none. Only five protestors showed up. Conversely, bar patrons who knew about the protest packed the bar in a show of support.

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...5xH849g.reddit

Whatever happen to "turn the cheek?"
Churper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #38
Wimbly
LiveLeaker

Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!Wimbly is a forum GOD!!
Points: 288,664,311, Level: 100 Points: 288,664,311, Level: 100 Points: 288,664,311, Level: 100
Activity: 43%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue8 View Post
Put me in charge of the world as a global dictator and I'll have it sorted out in a month. One rule: Don't be a cunt. If you act like a cunt you get kicked off the rock. Oh yeah, and I decide the definition of the word cunt. There ya go. Problem solved.
I'd vote for you based on that. But only in the first election. After that, I assume you won't be holding any more.

If that was the case please EXPLAIN HUMAN HISTORY prior to collective societies
Wimbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 AM   #39
YWAHW
LiveLeaker

YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!
Points: 209,460,459, Level: 100 Points: 209,460,459, Level: 100 Points: 209,460,459, Level: 100
Activity: 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbly View Post
Their problem was being power-hungry dictators, not atheists. Atheism may have assisted them but that was not their main motivation. There is no organised 'atheist religion'.

The Moa, by the way, is an extinct bird from NZ - rather like an ostrich but over 3 metres tall.
Communism itself was their religion. They worshiped the state. They made their people give the blessings to the state and ideology itself. The heretics were murdered like many other religions have done in the past, not b/c their religion demanded it, but b/c of the threat dissent posed to ideas that were not visible. One has to be told how to believe in these religions, it doesn't come naturally. With communism, atheism was the only way. There wasn't any room for competition. China is the exact same way, nothing about China indicates Atheism is the driving influence for their actions, rather it's their desire to keep the Chinese citizens faithful to the state itself.

Last edited by YWAHW; 04-30-2012 at 02:49 AM.
YWAHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #40
stra
LiveLeaker

stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!stra is a forum GOD!!
Points: 37,655,959, Level: 100 Points: 37,655,959, Level: 100 Points: 37,655,959, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

wrong thread~~~~~``

Last edited by stra; 04-30-2012 at 03:06 AM. Reason: wrong thread ps: fuck religion
stra is offline   Reply With Quote